Description official descriptions
Blitzkrieg is a real-time strategy game with three campaigns during World War 2. During the campaigns the player keeps its core army of tanks and guns. In the missions there are additionally units provided by the game, including infantry and air units. There is a description of all units in the game, even if the units cannot be commanded by the player. The three campaigns are:
- Allies (US, UK, French) fighting in Europe and Africa
- German fighting in Europe, Africa and Russia
- Soviet Union fighting in Russia and afterwards in Europe
The campaigns include historical battles like the battle of Kursk and optional bonus missions, which can be played to:
- Get experience for the profile of the player to increase the rank of the profile. A higher rank leads to a larger core army.
- Get experience for the units in the core army, so that the units become deadlier.
- Exchange weapons to newer types.
During a mission the losses are never replaced, losses in the core army are replaced after missions. For the repairing and rearming of units depots have to be conquered, where the service trucks load their resources. All depots have unlimited resources.
The game itself has a 2D graphic, but uses a 3D terrain with a full destructible environment. Buildings can be occupied by infantry to use them as cover. The game includes maps for multiplayer matches over LAN or the internet.
- Блицкриг - Russian spelling
- 闪电战 - Simplified Chinese spelling
Credits (Windows version)
157 People (124 developers, 33 thanks) · View all
|Assistant Project Manager|
|3D Engine Programming|
|Special Effects Programming|
|Map Editor Programming|
|Resource Editor Programming|
|[ full credits ]|
|Perspective||SharkD (434)||2007-10-20 04:34:55|
Related Sites +
Blitzkrieg - CDV Software Entertainment AG
- MobyGames ID: 11329
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by [CC] Lizardking.
Macintosh added by Xoleras.
Additional contributors: Unicorn Lynx, destruent, JRK, formercontrib, Stratege.
Last modified March 9th, 2023.