DescriptionHeroes of Might and Magic is a turn-based strategy game in which the player takes on the role of one of four different heroes: the warlock, sorceress, barbarian, or knight. As the hero the player must build up his or her castle by adding different buildings to earn different units to strengthen the hero's army with. Units include dragons, cyclopes, phoenixes, paladins, and many more fantasy creatures. Bulidings and units cost money and resources. Buildings can also be upgraded to unlock new unit types.
Another aspect of the game is exploring the world and discovering treasures, spells, mines to gather resources, nomad camps, magic lamps, ultimate artifacts, and more. The game uses a top down map in which the player can move his heroes a number of spaces each turn. Whenever the player encounters an enemy hero or castle a battle is shown in a close-up view.
During battles all the player's units are shown as stacks. The player can move these stacks around on a hexagonal grid. Different units have different movement and attack capabilities requiring different strategies to use and overcome.
The goal is to defeat all opponents by conquering their castles and defeating their heroes in battle. The player must also defend his own castles from enemy attacks. The player's heroes can collect spells to use in battle and can boost the units under their command, but they otherwise don't have a presence on the battlefields. The heroes collect experience points in typical RPG manner which boosts their stats. In addition items can be collected for additional bonuses.
- "魔法门之英雄无敌" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "魔法門英雄無敵" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "HOMM" -- Informal name
- "Heroes of Might and Magic: A Strategic Quest" -- Tag-lined title
- "Geroi Mecha i Magii" -- Russian title
Part of the Following Groups
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Trolls
- Fantasy Creatures: Unicorns
- Heroes of Might and Magic series
- Might and Magic universe
|Best concept ever to hit strategy gaming!!!||Lord Matthias (18)|
|All Game Guide||1998||90|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||1996||80|
|Gaming since 198x||Jul 24, 2009||4 out of 5||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Nov, 1995||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 1995||75 out of 100||75|
|GameSpot||May 01, 1996||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Power Play||Jan, 1996||71 out of 100||71|
|Legendra||Jul 26, 2003||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
InspirationThis game is strongly based on King's Bounty, also made by New World Computing.
Might & Magic connectionsThe game's characters were based on similar characters found in the series that Heroes was spun off from, the Might & Magic series.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #133 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #60 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
Related Web Sites
- Heroes of Might and Magic (official website)
- Torre de Marfil (Spanish fansite of the saga)
- Wiki for MMHO (First English wiki for Might and Magic Heroes online)
Designed and Directed:
Music and Sound Design:
Writing and Manual: