DescriptionShortly after teen Alison Crestmere begins to exhibit her mutant powers, she's hunted through the streets of New York City by anti-mutant troops and The Brotherhood. Rescued by the X-Men, Alison is taken to Professor Charles Xavier's School for the Gifted where she begins her quest to learn control over her lava-based powers.
X-Men: Legends is a role-playing game set in the Marvel Universe. Offering single and multiplayer support, Legends tells the broad story of the war between mutants and humankind and the conflict between the X-Men and The Brotherhood, against the personal story of Alison and the role she plays.
Controlling a party of four X-Men, picked from a roster that grows to 15 mutants, players take on armed guards, evil mutants, and killer Sentinels. Mutant powers grow stronger as the X-Men level up, but so do the challenges: securing an aircraft carrier, preventing a nuclear power plant meltdown and more.
There are no promo images for this game
- "XML" -- Abbreviated title
- "X-Men：传奇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- Marvel licensees
- Middleware: Alchemy
- Middleware: CRI
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- Visual technique / style: Cel shaded
- Xbox World Collection series
- X-Men: Legends series
- X-Men licensees
|Uncanny||PlayStation 2||Terrence Bosky (5472)|
|X-men Pigeons! Oh Wait I Mean Legends!||Xbox||Classic Nigel (150)|
|GamePro (US)||Xbox||Oct 15, 2004||4.5 out of 5||90|
|GameSpy||Xbox||Sep 23, 2004||90|
|GamePro (US)||PlayStation 2||Sep 22, 2004||4.5 out of 5||90|
|IGN||Xbox||Sep 20, 2004||8.4 out of 10||84|
|IGN||GameCube||Sep 20, 2004||8.4 out of 10||84|
|Retro4Ever||GameCube||Jul 25, 2012||8.25 out of 10||82|
|GameSpot||Xbox||Sep 21, 2004||8.2 out of 10||82|
|1UP||GameCube||Sep 27, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Play Magazine||Xbox||2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Gamekult||PlayStation 2||Oct 13, 2004||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
BugsThere is a bug in the Xbox version where the comic book for Colossus is not present. Nabbing the comic would otherwise grant Colossus an additional two points to his Strike and Body.
- At several points during the game when you are talking with veteran X-men you can get bonus flashback missions where they relate classic X-men tales. An example of one is where Beast tells Magma of the X-mens first encounter with Juggernaut as told in X-men #12. In the flashbacks the X-men have their old costumes and classic look (Beast has no fur, Iceman has a snowman appearance instead of hard ice, Cyclops and Jean have their 60's costumes, etc.).
- If you go through the bedrooms of the different X-men there are multiple humorous references to their comic past and character. Here are some examples:
- Wolverine's room has a Canadian flag that has a funny inscription from his former teammates at Alpha Flight.
- Colossus room has an easel with a painting he was in the middle of making.
- Storm has a playful personal letter from Forge. She also has gardening books.
ReleaseThe second Raven game not to be released for the PC, the first being Black Crypt.
- 2004 – #7 GameCube Game of the Year
Development Co‑Project Leads: