DescriptionShortly after teen Alison Crestmere begins to exhibit her mutant powers, she's hunted through the streets of New York City by anti-mutant troops and The Brotherhood. Rescued by the X-Men, Alison is taken to Professor Charles Xavier's School for the Gifted where she begins her quest to learn control over her lava-based powers.
X-Men: Legends is a role-playing game set in the Marvel Universe. Offering single and multiplayer support, Legends tells the broad story of the war between mutants and humankind and the conflict between the X-Men and The Brotherhood, against the personal story of Alison and the role she plays.
Controlling a party of four X-Men, picked from a roster that grows to 15 mutants, players take on armed guards, evil mutants, and killer Sentinels. Mutant powers grow stronger as the X-Men level up, but so do the challenges: securing an aircraft carrier, preventing a nuclear power plant meltdown and more.
- "XML" -- Abbreviated title
- "X-Men：传奇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Snowblind/Dark Alliance
- Marvel licensees
- Middleware: Alchemy
- Middleware: CRI
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- Visual technique / style: Cel shaded
- Xbox World Collection series
- X-Men licensees
|X-men Pigeons! Oh Wait I Mean Legends!||Classic Nigel (150)|
The Press Says
|Electric Playground||2004||9.5 out of 10||95|
|GameZone||Sep 27, 2004||9.3 out of 10||93|
|GameSpy||Sep 23, 2004||90|
|GamePro (US)||Oct 15, 2004||4.5 out of 5||90|
|4Players.de||Oct 31, 2004||85 out of 100||85|
|GameSpot||Sep 21, 2004||8.2 out of 10||82|
|RPGFan||Nov 11, 2004||81 out of 100||81|
|Diehard GameFan||Nov 06, 2004||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Oct 12, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 22, 2004||12 out of 20||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
BugsThere is a bug in the Xbox version where the comic book for Colossus is not present. Nabbing the comic would otherwise grant Colossus an additional two points to his Strike and Body.
- At several points during the game when you are talking with veteran X-men you can get bonus flashback missions where they relate classic X-men tales. An example of one is where Beast tells Magma of the X-mens first encounter with Juggernaut as told in X-men #12. In the flashbacks the X-men have their old costumes and classic look (Beast has no fur, Iceman has a snowman appearance instead of hard ice, Cyclops and Jean have their 60's costumes, etc.).
- If you go through the bedrooms of the different X-men there are multiple humorous references to their comic past and character. Here are some examples:
- Wolverine's room has a Canadian flag that has a funny inscription from his former teammates at Alpha Flight.
- Colossus room has an easel with a painting he was in the middle of making.
- Storm has a playful personal letter from Forge. She also has gardening books.
ReleaseThe second Raven game not to be released for the PC, the first being Black Crypt.
- 2004 – #7 GameCube Game of the Year
Development Co‑Project Leads: