Forums > MobyGames > How long does it take for an item to be approved?

Goncalo Goncalves (176) on 8/12/2013 4:32 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm asking because I've noticed I have items I've submited for approval as far back as February :P

Unicorn Lynx (181769) on 8/12/2013 4:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Yesterday I approved some items from February 2012 :) There are corrections pending since 2007 or so...

Fred VT (25949) on 8/12/2013 5:25 PM · Permalink · Report

The release info are stacking-up a lot... I did clear the queue for ps3 when I had just started out, but it's probably almost as long now...

Patrick Bregger (303331) on 8/12/2013 6:28 PM · Permalink · Report

PC 1900. Sometimes I can get it a few hundred items down, but then it takes a few months until I recover from the pain.

Fred VT (25949) on 8/12/2013 6:34 PM · Permalink · Report

yeah, I hear the PC queue is quite something! I'd need to level-up more before attacking this one :P

I'll stick to the PS queues, they don't get much attention anyways (now maybe a bit more with YID YANG on it...)

Parf (7871) on 8/12/2013 6:54 PM · Permalink · Report

The Ps1 is ironically where I spend the most time both approving and submitting. I'm content with that given that we're still missing several hundred games for that little grey machine. :)

Fred VT (25949) on 8/12/2013 7:15 PM · Permalink · Report

I've added a few missing ones from Japan lately, but yeah, many more are still missing. i could easily put a few titles that I have no info on here.

The platforms that need more attention are specifically the PSVita, PSP and maybe PS3...

Parf (7871) on 8/12/2013 7:48 PM · Permalink · Report

I have a dozen+ I just need to get off my ass and finally submit. sigh

I guess I've at least approved stuff lately...

Fred VT (25949) on 8/12/2013 8:09 PM · Permalink · Report

I remember that you used to approve most of my stuff, back in the days :p

Parf (7871) on 8/13/2013 8:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, I remember that. :)

Oh! I finally got around starting up a submission again tonight for a ps1 game. I'll finish it up tomorrow I think. Time for more of that patented Japanese madness. ;)

CrankyStorming (2927) on 8/13/2013 11:47 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Fred VT wrote--] The platforms that need more attention are specifically the PSVita, PSP and maybe PS3... [/Q --end Fred VT wrote--]I swear those platforms get a bunch of new entries every other day.

vileyn0id_8088 (21040) on 8/13/2013 4:21 AM · Permalink · Report

So there's a monolithic "PC" queue rather than separate per-platform queues... thought as much.

Incidentally, do new platforms for existing games get to sit in the back of the bus? Entirely new games tend to get approved within a month at most, but I have a couple of new platforms sitting for 4-5 times that...

chirinea (47516) on 8/13/2013 5:12 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vile_r wrote--]So there's a monolithic "PC" queue rather than separate per-platform queues... thought as much.

Incidentally, do new platforms for existing games get to sit in the back of the bus? Entirely new games tend to get approved within a month at most, but I have a couple of new platforms sitting for 4-5 times that... [/Q --end vile_r wrote--]They're in a different queue. There's the PC queue, with different kinds of contributions all in their own queue there. So you have new games, new platforms, tech specs, reviews, etc.

Fred VT (25949) on 8/13/2013 12:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I tend to go with this priority: New games, New platforms, then new releases. If one queue gets too long, I try clearing a few items every now and then, too...

Indra was here (20750) on 8/19/2013 4:05 AM · Permalink · Report

It would be nice if the queue that approvers see, can be publicly seen. Some form of transparency is always a good thing to satisfy the masses.

Cavalary (11448) on 8/19/2013 10:27 AM · Permalink · Report

A lot of things would be nice, but... programmers needed.

Indra was here (20750) on 8/19/2013 10:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, we could start with a screenshot.

Parf (7871) on 8/19/2013 11:12 AM · Permalink · Report

If I'm not too lazy perhaps I can upload a picture of what the Ps1, Ps2 and Xbox queues look like... if that is of any use to anyone? :)

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 8/19/2013 11:58 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Parf wrote--]If I'm not too lazy perhaps I can upload a picture of what the Ps1, Ps2 and Xbox queues look like... if that is of any use to anyone? :) [/Q --end Parf wrote--]

Wouldn't be of use, but it would indulge my curiosity.

Indra was here (20750) on 8/19/2013 2:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Additional information is always a good thing. Unless it has something to do with strap-ons. :p

Fred VT (25949) on 8/19/2013 2:21 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]Additional information is always a good thing. Unless it has something to do with strap-ons. :p [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--]

I second that!

jaXen (261014) on 8/20/2013 9:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Maybe it is possible to make a query public which states who many new games / covers / screenshots / and so on / were approved / wipped / rejected within the last day / week / month / year.

chirinea (47516) on 8/20/2013 10:24 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start jaXen wrote--]Maybe it is possible to make a query public which states who many new games / covers / screenshots / and so on / were approved / wipped / rejected within the last day / week / month / year. [/Q --end jaXen wrote--]Well, you can have part of that information in the "New Content" section of the bar on the left. WIPed or rejected info doesn't appear there, but approved does.

jaXen (261014) on 8/21/2013 7:33 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--] [Q2 --start jaXen wrote--]Maybe it is possible to make a query public which states who many new games / covers / screenshots / and so on / were approved / wipped / rejected within the last day / week / month / year. [/Q2 --end jaXen wrote--]Well, you can have part of that information in the "New Content" section of the bar on the left. WIPed or rejected info doesn't appear there, but approved does. [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]

Well that's not really the same. There is a lot more stuff which can be contributed and approved.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 8/21/2013 2:09 PM · Permalink · Report

Discogs used to do this, too. Of course only up to the point that their improved contribution system made it obsolete, which probably won't happen on MG for a while.

Rola (8482) on 8/21/2013 5:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Months ago I've asked for code update (it's partially there!) so that submission wizard would display e.g. pending alternative titles, so that people won't submit them again, saving their and approvers' time...

I'm for it if this could save us from potential double submissions.