Forums > MobyGames > Developer splits/merges - 2020

Freeman (65146) on 1/21/2020 3:50 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

A new thread for a new year.

Like in previous threads, if you come across a developer page that you feel requires some work, but aren't completely sure what's correct, feel free to post it here and hopefully we can get it sorted out. Just post the developer name as the subject when starting a new sub-thread.

Freeman (65146) on 1/21/2020 4:04 AM · Permalink · Report

I've been going through our Hiroyuki Suzuki profile which was several different people. Does anyone know who the profile picture belongs to?

Freeman (65146) on 1/21/2020 10:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks. So half of the credits from that time belonged to the Wolfteam/Tales staff member. While likely his then, I'll WIP it just in case.

MAT (240988) on 1/23/2020 10:29 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Judging solely on the platforms in question, job title and release dates, could these two developers be the same person?

Akiko Sato

Akiko Sato

Was there any reason to create a new entry for this developer to begin with and not match it by name?

Rwolf (23137) on 1/23/2020 1:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Not sure, the Akiko Sato #1 involved with 'Cyber Knight II' is listed as belonging with the company 'Group SNE' - according to the credits images supplied (The company is not listed as a developer of the game though).

Group SNE credits does not list any titles of those credited to the 'other' Akiko Sato #2 here on Mobygames, nor on the Wikipedia page for Group SNE, what I could see.

Freeman (65146) on 2/1/2020 9:12 PM · Permalink · Report

They were actually involved in different roles. 454354's roles are all graphic design roles while, as Rwolf mentioned, 516949 is credited at Group SNE (a company that seems to produce tabletop RPGs). You can see from the CKII credits that all the Group SNE staff were Design/Scenario staff so there's very likely no connection between the 2 developers.

I'll also add Group SNE as a company and add them to their respective games.

Foxhack (32099) on 2/1/2020 5:57 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

So I'm pretty sure we need to split Shuichi Kakesu in two profiles. We have multiple credits for audio, but that one credit for video sticks out - turns out the guy is a VERY prominent video and movie editor in Japan. He doesn't have any audio related credits at Anime News Network, so I think they have to be split.

I lean towards the Blinx credit being moved to the split one, but the special thanks list on that game features people from several different roles, so I'm not sure.

Freeman (65146) on 2/1/2020 11:12 PM · Permalink · Report

It's actually the same person. If you look at the credits for Shenmue II, you'll see that he's credited as the Executive Producer at Jay Film. His Wiki page (JP) also lists this at the top (ジェイフィルム社代表).

I've changed the classification on those roles from 'Audio' to Production, which seems more correct as he's being credited as the head of the company, not in any role specifically tied to 'Audio'.

Foxhack (32099) on 2/2/2020 12:19 AM · Permalink · Report

Allrighty, glad that was cleared up. I submitted a portrait from his GITS days, it should be in the queue.

Foxhack (32099) on 2/15/2020 6:27 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm currently adding some missing credits from the manual to Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the PS2 and I noticed that the credits on file have a Jet Inoue as the director for an anime sequence. But on the manual, he's credited as Masaki Inoue.

Looking up Jet Inoue, he's an animator and artist, and his website confirms his name is correct. The thing is, I'm not sure he's the same person that worked on the Sega Ages games the second profile has. I suspect this page has some insight on his works, but it's uh, written and scanned so I can't run it through google translate. ^^;

I would move the Dragon Ball and Elemental Gearbolt credit to the Jet profile but I want to make sure I don't mess this up... so, thoughts?

Freeman (65146) on 2/24/2020 5:21 AM · Permalink · Report

According to his FB page, "Jet Inoue is a Japanese animation director, producer, screenwriter, animator, author, and manga artist." So it sounds like his involvement with games is focused on cinematics and the like. Since the Sega Ages credits are for Planner & Interface Design, it sounds like it's a different person.

I'll leave Jet Inoue as the main name since he seems to use that more frequently.

Foxhack (32099) on 2/16/2020 4:37 AM · Permalink · Report

Possible split needed: Joe / Joseph Taylor

The DBZ game I'm working on has a Joe Taylor that works in QA, and this guy fits the bill (it's mostly Atari work) but there's three animation credits that don't fit in at all. My guess is someone stuck these credits in there and the name might be wrong.

So we might need to split the profile in two to move the animation credits to a separate one, and check the Atari credits to make sure he's credited as Joe Taylor in most if not all of them.

Freeman (65146) on 2/24/2020 5:50 AM · Permalink · Report

Split off the 3 Animation credits to a new entry.

The Atari QA tester mostly went by Joe Taylor so I changed the main profile to that (his LI also goes by this name).

Freeman (65146) on 3/10/2020 9:16 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Kats Sato was a Sega artist who went on to become a Senior Producer at Sega Europe (see here). So, I'm assuming that this profile is the same person? As well as this one? The Stuntman credit is for Atari Europe while the F1 2011 credit is similar to many already on the Kats profile.

Edit: This news item from Sumo Digital confirms that he began at Sega before going on to Codemasters. The Atari Europe role would fit as he was previously at Sega Europe.

MAT (240988) on 4/10/2020 6:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Not sure if it's the same person, but the QA part for the same game is split into these two separate people so if they're not the same, all QA should probably be added to the other one.

dev 1 - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,29117/

dev 2 - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,675133/

Freeman (65146) on 4/13/2020 2:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Not the same person, but I moved the Star Trek Online (Cryptic) & Game of Thrones to the other profile.

MAT (240988) on 4/10/2020 6:46 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Dennis Aaron Steelman seems to be same as D. Aaron Steelman by the look of it.

But it could also be that he is credited as such only under Destiny 2 while the remainder should be renamed to the AKA name saying just Aaron Steelman.

EDIT: This could be the same developer because another developer seem to be tied to both these separate game types here.

I am adding credits for PS4 release of Star Trek Online which is why I'm running into these.

Kabushi (261373) on 4/10/2020 10:39 AM · Permalink · Report

It's the same person. If you check his LinkedIn you'll see it's quite specific on what he has worked on.

MAT (240988) on 4/12/2020 4:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Oh, thanks. I didn't even notice we had a site attached to him. Will keep my eye on those in the future. Merged. All games were listed on his LinkedIn account.

MAT (240988) on 4/10/2020 7:48 AM · Permalink · Report

What are the chances that these two are not the same developer seeing how they're credited for the same game?

Chris Clarke

Chris Clarke

Freeman (65146) on 4/13/2020 3:02 AM · Permalink · Report

I merged them. There were other people credited in the group who had worked on République (eg. Patrick Wren on Design).

MAT (240988) on 4/10/2020 10:23 AM · Permalink · Report

I am adding credits for Star Trek Online (PS4) and under Cryptic Studios I have credited "Michael E. Duffy". Based on his name, I selected this developer...

Michael E. Duffy

...however, based on name, game, and studio in question, it is most likely this developer...

Michael Duffy

...so far I have matched 100s of names that had both Star Trek Online and Neverwinter games since it's the same company that made them.

So what about Michael E. Duffy that matched the name, that "E." middle initial is rather unique and points to the original dev who isn't even credited for games after 2002. But could that be the same Michael E. Duffy, or should I choose the other one and rename him to another Michael E. Duffy as well? What are the chances there are two devs with such full name?

Kabushi (261373) on 4/10/2020 10:38 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, they are the same.

MAT (240988) on 4/12/2020 4:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, merged.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/11/2020 6:29 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

A split from credits I'm working on, writing this down so I don't forget:

Juan Gutierrez - there's at least three people here: one was a producer at Gotham Games, one did QA work for Destineer during the same time period, the Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing one was a Mattel exec for almost 20 years, and I'm fairly sure the Mafia credit is yet another person but I need to crossreference the credits to be sure, because a lot of Gotham Games staff were also involved in early G.O.D. releases (due to their business relationship with Take2.)

Edit: Split finished. I decided to leave the Mafia 2 voice acting credit with the Gotham Games stuff.

MAT (240988) on 4/12/2020 7:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Adding Star Trek Online (PS4) credits where Lisa Liang is credited under "Perfect World".

This is obviously this developer...

Lisa Liang

...but we also have the same-named developer credited under Star Trek Online as Team as well as under CHamptions ONline under Cryptic Studios which also has many STO devs, so these two are most probably the same people...

Lisa Liang

...but when I went to merge them it says that one was already split from another.

I wonder if this could have been due to Resistance and MW3 games.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/12/2020 3:31 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Call of Duty MW3 and Resistance Retribution credits belong to this Lisa Liang 396654: http://gnailasil.blogspot.com/p/resume.html

The Neverwinter, Livelock and Gigantic credits belong to 893980 according to this LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lianglisa/

The split should remain.

Also, dude, both profiles have LinkedIn pages that could answer your question. Looks like Kabushi added them both, which means he did the split. You almost made a me-level messup. :P

MAT (240988) on 4/13/2020 12:07 AM · Permalink · Report

I checked first LInkedIn but second one I opened didn't let me see info unless I register which I didn't.

Also, you don't see full info on the credits page.

Under first Lisa you see "Star Trek Online (2010)" credited as a "Team".

But I have added under same developer another STO credits which are for PS4 and it should appear "Star Trek Online (2016)" credited as "Perfect World".

You can see that other Lisa dev has all three games just credited under "Perfect World" as well, so it must be the same person. This name is too non-generic to have two devs marked with same stuff on same set of games to make this a separate person.

Also, all other STO devs that were credited on STO (2016 PS4) were also credited for Neverwinter and all were either under Perfect World or Cryptic Studios.

I am not inclined to trust LinedIn. Maybe user created two accounts. Besides, I cannot see the pages unless I register, they probably have a quota on how many pages someone can see every day or month. I've only checked 3-5 overall, not sure how longer I can wait until I can see it again, if at all.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/13/2020 1:50 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MAT wrote--]I checked first LInkedIn but second one I opened didn't let me see info unless I register which I didn't.

Also, you don't see full info on the credits page.

Under first Lisa you see "Star Trek Online (2010)" credited as a "Team".

But I have added under same developer another STO credits which are for PS4 and it should appear "Star Trek Online (2016)" credited as "Perfect World".

You can see that other Lisa dev has all three games just credited under "Perfect World" as well, so it must be the same person. This name is too non-generic to have two devs marked with same stuff on same set of games to make this a separate person.

Also, all other STO devs that were credited on STO (2016 PS4) were also credited for Neverwinter and all were either under Perfect World or Cryptic Studios.

I am not inclined to trust LinedIn. Maybe user created two accounts. Besides, I cannot see the pages unless I register, they probably have a quota on how many pages someone can see every day or month. I've only checked 3-5 overall, not sure how longer I can wait until I can see it again, if at all. [/Q --end MAT wrote--]... They're not the same person. One Lisa is an artist, who is now retired from game work and is now working at a school as a lecturer; the other has been in marketing for her entire career. Artist Lisa had already left her job at ZQGame and started to work as an artist when Marketing Lisa started working at Perfect World Entertainment. Artist Lisa does not mention any game employment after she left ZQGame in her LinkedIn nor her resume.

I checked some other names and they only worked on Star Trek Online, not other Cryptic games, so it's likely they kept them in the in-games credit despite leaving the company.

Also, just what is the problem with creating a LinkedIn account? You won't get spammed. Use a throwaway name and address, jeez... it helps out a LOT.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/14/2020 5:39 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I think Qiu Dandan and Qui Dan Dan are the same person. I'm adding credits for Dance Dance Revolution X2 and a Qui Dandan is credited as a designer in the game, under Konami Software Shanghai. Qui Dan Dan's sole credit is for art in a Konami game, also under Konami Software Shanghai. The other one has two credits, both in art, for a company called Shanghai Riceman Technology.

The CEO of Riceman is Tong Lee (on the site as Lee Tong), who was a former director at Konami Software Shanghai. Riceman's staff page mentions several of their members working for Konami and other companies.

Thoughts?

Deleted (13944) on 4/14/2020 9:38 AM · Permalink · Report

I'd be very surprised if they were two different people given the similarities. I'd say merge them. Btw, you linked to the same developer profile twice.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/14/2020 1:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Oops, fixed.

Chinese names are a very special case because they tend to have multiple spellings because of regional dialects and English romanizations, not to mention the name order. So I definitely don't want to merge people by mistake again.

Freeman (65146) on 4/15/2020 5:45 AM · Permalink · Report

I merged them. Transliteration actually isn't the problem with Chinese names (at least from Mainland China) as they all now use standardized Pinyin. The problem is with the 2 character names where it's not actually clear which is the surname (since different credits will use different name order).

Foxhack (32099) on 4/15/2020 4:23 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Konami's Kazuya Takahashi is a hell of a mess that needs to be untangled.

We have:
The corporate executive officer for Konami 24 years;
The Baseball director guy who I THINK is the same person as the corporate exec above based on some interviews / press conferences from back in the day that he attended personally;
The animator who worked at Imagica;
An artist? who worked at Anima, Inc. (previously known as Sasaharagumi Inc / Sasahara Gumi Inc.);
Someone added some Squeenix stuff to this Sega guy.

I'd say all the Special Thanks in Konami games will likely have to be moved to the executive officer.

Freeman (65146) on 4/15/2020 5:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Do you have a link to the interview? It would be surprising if he was a Programmer at the same time that he was in an executive position.

Also, how about the DDR credits. Do these belong to the EVP?

Foxhack (32099) on 4/15/2020 6:39 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Do you have a link to the interview? It would be surprising if he was a Programmer at the same time that he was in an executive position.

Also, how about the DDR credits. Do these belong to the EVP? [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]I don't think he was a programmer, just the manager of those teams. I tried finding other Konami programming credits with his name but couldn't find any, which is why I'm thinking it's actually him being a manager.

Here's a liveblog of a Tokyo Gameshow 2007 conference featuring several Konami staff from that time. This other liveblog specificically mentions him talking about the mobile ports of Power Pro and Winning Eleven. If you think they should remain separate, that's fine.

Taking a closer look at the Beatmania IIDX credits, anything that specifically mentions Imagica Imageworks are for animation stuff and should all go to this profile. This specific person appears to have worked from 2004 to 2012 in those games.

The Naruto credit here needs to go to the Anima profile.

There's a bunch of Dance Dance Revolution credits that have his name in the Special Thanks section. According to this, "Mr. Takahashi's representative product is the 'Dance Dance Revolution'. He has also developed the 'e-AMUSEMENT', Konami Group's online network system for amusement arcades. He serves as president of Online Company of Konami for expanding the online business since April, 2005." So he's been involved with the DDR series (and probably all the Bemani games) since the beginning.

If you want I can work on moving the credits to the proper places tomorrow. :)

Kabushi (261373) on 4/15/2020 9:43 AM · Permalink · Report

He was the president of Konami's online division (Internet Revolution). Seems very unlikely that he would be team leader of a console game at the same time.

That ESPN NBA 2Night credit probably belongs to the baseball guy though.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/15/2020 2:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kabushi wrote--]He was the president of Konami's online division (Internet Revolution). Seems very unlikely that he would be team leader of a console game at the same time.

That ESPN NBA 2Night credit probably belongs to the baseball guy though. [/Q --end Kabushi wrote--]Good catch, I hadn't seen that game page yet.

Then there's at four people with the same name that were directly involved with Konami: The exec, the sports programmer, the animation person and the Imagica person.

I'll start untangling this mess in a little bit.

Edit: Going through the submissions for the Beatmania games, there was a submission mistake in at least one of them: Part of the special thanks are grouped by company, but they were submitted all lumped together so it's not completely clear, and that has to be untangled too. I'll work on that later, oy.

Edit 2: Moved all the Imagica and programming credits from the exec to the other ones. There's ONE credit I'm not sure about, the Design credit for Silent Hill Book of Memories; he's also credited as an exec in that so it should stay. It might be the programmer dude, but he's credited in the WayForward section. What do you think?

Edit 3: There's a slight chance that the Anima dev and the Cavia movie modeler are the same person. The Anima dev has one credit with Cavia (the Naruto game.) For now I'm keeping them separate.

Final edit: I believe these credits for a programmer that worked at Game Republic Inc. should be merged into this dev that mostly worked on Namco based on the "Library Programmer" credit, and the fact both of them did work at Namco around that same time period.

Yeah okay done. :D

Freeman (65146) on 4/16/2020 4:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Re your Edit 2, "but he's credited in the WayForward section". However he, and Tomm Hulett, have Konami listed after their game.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/16/2020 6:49 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Re your Edit 2, "but he's credited in the WayForward section". However he, and Tomm Hulett, have Konami listed after their game. [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]I meant that it doesn't specify if that particular credit is for the exec or the programmer. :)

The exec is credited as a lead in the early DDR Arcade games, so he's not unfamiliar with being part of a design team. But given the fact we have another person with the same name as a programmer, I can't tell if it's the exec or not.

Freeman (65146) on 4/16/2020 8:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

My assumption would be that the SH designer is the same person as the EVP.

Edit: Added the JP spelling from the game_staff site. Also, here's his Wiki page, though there isn't that much there.

Freeman (65146) on 4/16/2020 6:12 AM · Permalink · Report

We have two separate Peter Weis(s) German VA profiles: here and here (with Peter Weis as an AKA). I'm assuming that these are the same person, but thought that I'd check first before merging them.

Patrick Bregger (303360) on 4/18/2020 8:47 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

There is a busy German voice actor named Peter Weis which at least a part of the Peter Weiß credits belong to. Since both Peter and Weiß are very common German names there is a possibility that some of the Weiß credits belong to someone else, though.

However, the Weiß profile was probably added in error. The Weiß developer profile was added by Xoleras and the only Weiß credits listing he contributed to is Baldur's Gate II - and there the name is spelled Weis in the manual.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/18/2020 2:11 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The name with the squiggly German letter is how it's spelled on IMDB... and that one doesn't have any game voice credits.

However, this one does and it seems to match up with your busy German voice actor person. Voice Chasers lists a bit of his work, too.

It might be useful to crossreference these credits for other voice actors in common and casting agencies; much of the time these jobs are done via agencies so games can end up with similar casts. Personally, I'd say all the credits are for the same person.

Edit: this forum (Google search) has several pages that mention Peter Weis and Toneworx in games as far back as 1999; so this definitely suggests that all of these are the same person. A google search in Moby reveals that squiggly Weis has a lot of toneworx credits, while normal Weis only has four.

Freeman (65146) on 4/20/2020 12:40 AM · Permalink · Report

I agree that they're probably the same person. I went through all the Weiß credits and the Weis spelling was used on everything except for:

• Nightlong (spelling Weiss)
  • Discworld Noir & Tomb Raider II: uncertain as no source images.
  • P. Weis was used on Ripley's Believe It or Not, though only on the additional role. Main role is credited to Peter Weis.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/18/2020 8:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Yū Takigawa = Yuu Takigawa

The Japanese Wikipedia page for this artist mentions Ever17, but does not mention I/O. However, Regista's page for I/O links to the websites of artists involved in the game and they link to his blog - the same one linked on Wikipedia.

I'm not sure what the main name should be so I posted this here so Freeman can do the merge. :p

Freeman (65146) on 4/21/2020 2:07 AM · Permalink · Report

He uses the spelling Yuu on his site.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/22/2020 12:27 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Comparing some credits for Panic (Sega CD) / Switch (PS2 port)...

Chie Wakabayashi (PS2) needs to be merged into Chie Yoshida (SCD) (same kanji, name was mistranslated)

Hironori Saka (SCD) needs to be merged into Keisuke Saka (PS2). It seems the name was mistranslated in the Sega CD version, all the other names in the section match the existing PS2 port credits.

Mitsutoshi Ōsato (PS2) = Mitsutoshi Ozato (SCD). I'm not sure which is the proper spelling, Osato with an S or Z?

Edit: Merged Kent Flick with Kent Frick; he's a radio personality in Japan and JP Wikipedia confirms the proper spelling of his name and his involvement in both games.

Freeman (65146) on 4/24/2020 6:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Re: Chie Wakabayashi/Yoshida. What do you mean by them having the same kanji? The credits (PS2 / MegaCD) for Panic! have 若林 千恵 so Wakabayashi seems like a likely reading. Is the thinking that 若林 was simply a mistake?

Re: Saka. Yes, 啓典 can be read both ways. As an aside, I wonder if this is him?

Re: Osato/Ozato - Both seem to be possible readings. Since the English credits used 'Ozato' I suppose we should go with that.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/24/2020 7:05 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Re: Chie Wakabayashi/Yoshida. What do you mean by them having the same kanji? The credits (PS2 / MegaCD) for Panic! have 若林 千恵 so Wakabayashi seems like a likely reading. Is the thinking that 若林 was simply a mistake?[/Q --end Freeman wrote--]It turns out the US Sega CD port gave that credit to Chie Yoshida instead of Wakabayashi. See the US credits and the JP credits. It seems unlikely their roles would have been well, switched, in the US release. Good thing I asked before doing a merge.

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Re: Saka. Yes, 啓典 can be read both ways. As an aside, I wonder if this is him?[/Q --end Freeman wrote--]If both readings are correct then they should still be merged, right? The problem is, which reading do we keep as main. :(

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Re: Osato/Ozato - Both seem to be possible readings. Since the English credits used 'Ozato' I suppose we should go with that. [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]Okidoki.

Freeman (65146) on 4/24/2020 9:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Re: Chie Wakabayashi/Yoshida - Just so I'm clear, are we assuming that Chie Wakabayashi is a different person from Chie Yoshida and that the US credit was an error? It's difficult to tell as Wakabayashi only has the one credit and there doesn't seem to be anything (in English) on her. Chie Yoshida is also credited as the 'Art Staff Coordinator' on Sonic Adventure so she has been credited in this capacity elsewhere. Is it possible that Wakabayashi was her maiden name and they credited her under both surnames?

Re: Saka - I had already merged them under Keisuke Saka. Just going by his credits, it could be either spelling as he's credited once under both names (Keisuke/Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine & Hironori/Panic!). I didn't find anything conclusive, but the Keisuke Saka featured in the page I linked to mentions that he was a graphic designer who became independent in 1995 (1995年、グラフィックデザイナーとして独立。) So, while not definite, it could plausibly be him.

Foxhack (32099) on 4/24/2020 11:34 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Re: Chie Wakabayashi/Yoshida - Just so I'm clear, are we assuming that Chie Wakabayashi is a different person from Chie Yoshida and that the US credit was an error? It's difficult to tell as Wakabayashi only has the one credit and there doesn't seem to be anything (in English) on her. Chie Yoshida is also credited as the 'Art Staff Coordinator' on Sonic Adventure so she has been credited in this capacity elsewhere. Is it possible that Wakabayashi was her maiden name and they credited her under both surnames?[/Q --end Freeman wrote--]I'm saying that I think the "Game Coordination" credit for Yoshida in the US release of the game was a mistake. "Chie Wakabayashi" is credited for Game Coordination in the original Japanese Sega CD version and the PS2 port while Yoshida is in Design for all three versions (and she's also listed in the PS2 upgrade credits!)

I would leave the Sega CD credits alone until we can get confirmation though. And I wasn't able to find anything either. :\

Foxhack (32099) on 4/25/2020 2:43 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

David Scott

So far I've found:
    * The MMO Programmer that started working in 2007, and started on Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising and then moved to EA Mythic;
    * The Rockstar Games sound producer; Edit: Split here
    * All of the Quality Assurance credits from EA, Sony (Wipeout Pure), Star Trek Online and Champions Online belong to this David Scott, who already has this profile. Cryptic added people to "Team" credits without actually saying what they did; and the 2017 Zoo Tycoon credits include the original game credits;
    * The Starsiege / Starsiege Tribes person, anyone know where he went to?
    * The WWE Crush Hour programmer may be a different person;
    * The Emperor, Poseidon and Civ III Conquests credits are for a person with an AKA of SillyDrizzy and have been split to this profile;
    * The Spyro QA credit also has to be split to its own profile (this is a Vivendi-era Sierra game, so it's none of the others and it's unlikely it's the same as SillyDrizzy);
    * The Operation Flashpoint QA is very different from the others and may be yet -another- person with the same name. Edit: Found him, here's his LinkedIn, he only worked QA from 2008 to 2009 so it's definitely him! Moved here.

Additionally, this guy and this guy should be merged with the other Rockstar credits; For the former, Rockstar has a habit of using their employees as random voice actors and facial scan sources; for the latter, he's a musician, the song is performed by other Rockstar employees, oh and they own the copyright to it too. Gotta be the same person. Edit: Rockstar Split completed

I already split off a few other people; one already had an existing credit page (the submitter used two different David Scott profiles by accident), the second was a video grip on FIFA Soccer Manager, way earlier than any of these other credits.

SillyDrizzy seems to be on Twitter and made a post a few minutes ago, so I'll be tweeting him to ask if he worked on the Spyro game or something else. He'll be a bit... surprised, I bet, haha. Edit: He replied and confirmed that he worked on those, but he also mentioned betatesting The Sims Online.

coldacid (550) on 5/7/2020 8:23 PM · Permalink · Report

There are two different entries for Kevin Ogilvie, aka "Nivek Ogre" aka "Ogre" of Skinny Puppy: Kevin Graham Ogilvie and Nivek Ogre. I already called this out through the regular correction process, though.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 5/7/2020 8:34 PM · Permalink · Report

yeah, I'll vouch for that merger and done. he's local!

coldacid (550) on 5/8/2020 2:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Certainly one of our country's better contributions to the world of music!

MAT (240988) on 5/31/2020 4:33 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

A month or so ago, I found a great youtube historical channel for WWI and WWII, week by week, and it is done by Indy Neidell. Currently going through WWI, about in March 2016 so far, and noticed him saying something about Battlefield 1 game, and then found a video where he says about his work on the game which led me to look for him in our DB.

video of him explaining his work on BF1 game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shmmza-lWY0

We have 4 people with such name (probably 2 are typos), but they all have voice-acting in common. However, I am not sure if he is the one that did the acting on all those other games we have him credited on. On imdb.com those games are listed but not Battlefield 1 where he did work but not voice-acting.

Anyway, we have these four devs, and I'm guessing the actor ones are the same person, just not sure if that too is him...

• Indy Nidell - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,69037/
  • Indy Niedell - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,710657/
  • Indy Neidell - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,75499/
  • Indiana Nidell - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,694669/

Freeman (65146) on 6/1/2020 4:14 AM · Permalink · Report

According to both Wiki & IMDb, the voice actor is the same as The Great War presenter. I've merged the 4 profiles.

MAT (240988) on 6/1/2020 5:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Okay, great, thanks. I've captured and added his portrait.

Both WWI and WWII channels are amazing and so informative. Such a compelling documentary and in such a detail (I mean, he did WWI in real-time week by week, 100 years later). Currently WWII is ongoing in the same manner. Amazing for any history buff or that era. Just realised how little I knew by watching those, lol.

Freeman (65146) on 6/1/2020 6:36 AM · Permalink · Report

If you haven't read it already, I'd recommend Barbara Tuchman's The Guns of August which focuses on the first month of WWI. I found it a very interesting read.

Freeman (65146) on 5/31/2020 10:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Is Hiroshi Adachi actually an AKA that Teruhisa Hiroi went by, or a completely different person? There's currently a credits' correction for Bonk's Adventure, based on this interview, where a new Hiroshi Adachi entry is added (Teruhisa Hiroi was already credited as 'Hiroi-san'). The contributor said that the two are different people.

The wording from the interview (at least based on a machine translation) seems to support this. Take this section which talks about Adachi & Hiroi separately:

それで僕とあだちさんの2人でやる流れになって。その時にあだちさんが「この世界に出てくる人間は、原人1人だけ」って言ったんです。
    普通は主人公が原人だったら、女の子とか仲間のキャラとか作りたくなるものなんですよ。
    広井さん(※)には「こいつはしゃべらないんだよ」って言われて。その瞬間に自分にはキャラクターが出来上がった気がしました。

※広井王子…「天外魔境」をはじめ数々のヒット作を手掛ける。活躍の場はゲーム業界にとどまらずアニメ、マンガ、舞台演出などジャンルを問わず才能を発揮するマルチクリエイター。

Also this tweet by GSK (based on the same interview):

"Bonk's design was based on a caricature Oji Hiroi drew of a friend from his college days—Hudson had requested a Mario-style action game from RED, and when Adachi saw this drawing he immediately came up with the name "PC Genjin" and was able to visualise a world & setting."

'Adachi' also isn't mentioned at all on Hiroi's JP Wiki page as an alternate name.

From the bottom of that interview, here's the profile of Adachi (machine translation):

"An original author, planner, writer, and illustrator who has been involved in numerous works since the founding of RED (1976), including the original work of the "Tengai Makai" series. Master of character creation with multi-creators who create works that go beyond the boundaries of genres, from bonus toys to advertising."

『天外魔境』シリーズの原作をはじめREDの設立当時(1976年)から多数の作品に関わる原作者、企画者、作家、イラストレーター。 おまけ玩具から広告までジャンルの枠を超えて創作を行うマルチクリエイターでキャラクター作りの達人。

So was Hiroshi Adachi a separate person? And if so, are any of our current profiles the same person as the Bonk character designer?

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/1/2020 3:05 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm positive these two entries are the same person:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,279973/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,630568/

Dave Shepperd had worked at Atari (and later Atari Games/Midway Games West) from 1976 - 2003. https://www.museumofplay.org/sites/default/files/uploads/Finding%20Aid%20to%20the%20David%20Shepperd%20papers_080619.pdf

I also believe the T-Mek and Dr. Muto credits that are currently in the David Sheppard page - https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,76570/ - should be moved into the merged Dave Shepperd page, I believe he and David Sheppard are not the same person and those credits were posted erroneously.

Freeman (65146) on 6/2/2020 12:32 AM · Permalink · Report

Neither game has source images on file, but it seems that the 32x version spelt the surname Sheppard. I've split/merged both credits.

Also merged the 2 profiles. The 'Test Drivers' roles for Race Drivin' & Hard Drivin' weren't QA roles but were related to the game's physics.

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/2/2020 3:48 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks!

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/2/2020 3:48 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

The "Hide Nakajima" listed in the Management section of the Hard Drivin' and Race Drivin' credits was Atari Games president Hideyuki Nakajima, who passed away in 1994. - NOT Hideki Nakajima, who is listed currently on here, and not to be confused with the other "Hideyuki Nakajima" id=239283. Please create a new person entry in the database.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140925163524/http://wiki.igda.org:80/Memorials/Hideyuki_Nakajima

https://mcurrent.name/atarihistory/at_games.html

Freeman (65146) on 6/2/2020 4:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Credits split off to a new profile at 1091562.

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/4/2020 2:06 AM · Permalink · Report

Merge id=13693 and id=998387

They're the same person, the bio for the first one mentions Ratchet & Clank, which is credited on the other.

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/5/2020 3:59 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Patrice Crawford (id=39565) and Patrice Moriarity (id=76575) might be the same person, with Crawford possibly being her married surname.

In this 1998 Cameron Petty postmortem on San Francisco Rush: Extreme Racing (posted to Gamasutra in 2010), he mentions the Mace: The Dark Age artists working on Rush The Rock: Alcatraz Edition (in Mace and Rush The Rock cases, Patrice Moriarity is credited).

"This release would feature new tracks, as well as incorporating a new set of cars that were done by some of the Mace team artists (Jeremy Mattson, Patrice Crawford, and Matt Harvey)."

Source: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/118990/Classic_Postmortem_Atari_Games_San_Francisco_Rush_Extreme_Racing.php

Freeman (65146) on 6/7/2020 6:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, that seems likely. I merged them (and the James Justin profiles as well).

Freeman (65146) on 6/7/2020 6:10 PM · Permalink · Report

There's a developer correction to merge Abe Papa with Naoto Abe based on this interview with SNK staff.

This was my comment in return:

"Do you know where Naoto Abe went after leaving SNK? I don't think all the credits on file are for the same person. ANN has 2 different Naoto Abe profiles: an animator (阿部 尚人) & a background artist (阿部 直人) at Studio Wyeth. The SNK artist has the same JP spelling as the background artist but I don't know that they're the same person."

Does anyone know anything about this?

Foxhack (32099) on 6/8/2020 12:53 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]There's a developer correction to merge Abe Papa with Naoto Abe based on this interview with SNK staff.

This was my comment in return:

"Do you know where Naoto Abe went after leaving SNK? I don't think all the credits on file are for the same person. ANN has 2 different Naoto Abe profiles: an animator (阿部 尚人) & a background artist (阿部 直人) at Studio Wyeth. The SNK artist has the same JP spelling as the background artist but I don't know that they're the same person."

Does anyone know anything about this? [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]... uh, neither of those animation people has the same spelling as the SNK guy. The Famitsu photo in that article spells his name as "安部直人" (verified here, he's the first guy in the profile list.)

All animation / CyberConnect credits need to be split to a separate profile. And THOSE might have to be split further depending on the studios involved.

It's possible that the SNK guy worked in The Nightmare Before Christmas, since he's credited for art and not animation related duties; I'm not so sure about The Ring credit, so I'll have to find a Japanese credit listing to verify those two. But all the non-SNK graphic and animation stuff has to be split. EDIT: I looked for both of these games and... their credit rolls are in English. Blargh.

Freeman (65146) on 6/8/2020 8:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes of course, my mistake.

I checked the credits for one of the Naruto games and the spelling is the same as the motion design credit from Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'm assuming the other 2 animation credits are also his.

The 2 Key Animation roles have the 阿部 尚人 spelling (see: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask). These are probably all the credits that belong to this developer.

I left both The Nightmare Before Christmas & The Ring with the SNK artist for now. I wonder if the interview you posted had anything about whether Abe left the VG industry after his initial time at SNK?

Freeman (65146) on 6/8/2020 9:06 PM · Permalink · Report

From the interview you posted, I wonder about Kazuhiro Tanaka. They list him as a designer on the 1st three Metal Slug games. Looking at the credits for Metal Slug, I'm wondering if this might be Kozo? Do you know if anything was mentioned in the interview whether Tanaka was at SNK during the 90s?

Foxhack (32099) on 6/8/2020 9:29 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]From the interview you posted, I wonder about Kazuhiro Tanaka. They list him as a designer on the 1st three Metal Slug games. Looking at the credits for Metal Slug, I'm wondering if this might be Kozo? Do you know if anything was mentioned in the interview whether Tanaka was at SNK during the 90s? [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]This says KOZO is actually Kazuma Kujo, but no sources are given.

I need to dig up my PS2 Metal Slug Anthology to check out that interview.

Freeman (65146) on 6/8/2020 9:51 PM · Permalink · Report

Hmm, I've read elsewhere that Kazuma Kujo's alias was Tobi_Nag/Kire-Nag. See: here & Wiki which sources it to The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers.

Foxhack (32099) on 6/9/2020 12:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, apparently that was his AKA on Metal Slug 1, but he later adopted the other one.

But again, my sources are unsourced, so I don't trust them.

Freeman (65146) on 6/9/2020 1:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Both 'Kozo' & 'Kire-Nag' are used on MS1 (same as In the Hunt). Also, all of Kazuma Kujo's credits are Planner roles while all of Kozo's roles are Graphic Design roles.

I'm not saying that Kozo isn't an alias of Kazuma Kujo, but I'd be curious what SNK Wiki's source for that is.

Foxhack (32099) on 6/7/2020 9:20 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Natsuko Ezaki. is very likely a misspelled name for Natsuki Isaki.

I have been working on adding the credits for Katamari Damacy Reroll (Windows version). I found out that the game data files have the text stored in them in UTF-8 format, uncompressed, so I ripped the credits to a text file and have been copying them. I noticed the Japanese credits were also in there, so I figured I'd rip that too to add a bunch of Kanji spellings to profiles; and got a bit freaked out at the fact half of the original game's credits were written completely in Katakana!

The special thanks section of the original credits is one of those Katakana-only sections, so I ran that through a Katakana to Romaji converter, and found that there was no counterpart for Natsuko Ezaki. But, the one name that was in the same position was... Natsuki Isaki (イサキナツキ). I checked the Japanese PS2 credits and saw that the name was spelled the same there. So this was a typo introduced in the original localization (I guess they just copied and pasted the original game's credits without checking it first.)

Freeman (65146) on 6/9/2020 1:17 AM · Permalink · Report

The PS2 credits actually had Natsuki, not Natsuko, so that was just a contributor typo. I agree that in this case 'Ezaki' is probably meant to be 'Isaki'.

Foxhack (32099) on 6/8/2020 2:55 AM · Permalink · Report

William Wang = Willian Wang

Both of these profiles worked for XPEC (the outsourcing art company) and I suspect the Willian credit is a typo (the credits have his name spelled like that.) Both profiles also seem to share credits in games.

Freeman (65146) on 6/9/2020 1:23 AM · Permalink · Report

While it appears that this spelling is sometimes used, I agree that it's likely a typo in this case.

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/8/2020 8:06 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Move Christine Adams (id=443508)' Cruis'n USA "Very Special Thanks To" credit to Christine Pribyl (id=1075000)

In the credits for Cruis'n USA, "Christine Adams" shows up, but when the roll's scrolling starts to slow down and the "AND KRISTIAN" (Kristian Jarvis?) credit slides from the left, Adams' surname changes to "Pribyl".

https://youtu.be/9Srk9mrMBD8?t=1902

I have a feeling that the Christine Adams that's credited on Quality Assurance for a handful of 2K Games releases is a different person altogether.

Foxhack (32099) on 6/9/2020 12:44 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Interesting, it seems many of the names in the "Thanks" section in World are fully named in Exotica's credits. And the images on file also show this change (one image has her as Adams, the next as Pribyl.)

I strongly suspect you're right about this.

Freeman (65146) on 6/9/2020 1:31 AM · Permalink · Report

I moved the credit and left a note after the name as well.

Foxhack (32099) on 6/9/2020 3:31 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm curious if the name doesn't change in the earlier revisions of the game. But I couldn't get the game to work in MAME, so... :p

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/9/2020 4:40 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yeah, I'm wondering if the rest of the Special Thanks section in Cruis'n USA and World should have the Jarvis family (Jeri, Ali, Mikey, Kristian) credited as people and not entities like they are in Exotica?

Foxhack (32099) on 6/9/2020 2:57 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Electric Boogaloo wrote--]Yeah, I'm wondering if the rest of the Special Thanks section in Cruis'n USA and World should have the Jarvis family (Jeri, Ali, Mikey, Kristian) credited as people and not entities like they are in Exotica? [/Q --end Electric Boogaloo wrote--]I'll probably edit the credits to link these later today, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/10/2020 11:21 AM · Permalink · Report

Koichi Namiki is NOT Bluetz Lee - it's青木実 aka M.A:

https://vgmdb.net/artist/17058

Name revealed in the booklet for the S.S.T.BAND -30th Anniversary Box-: https://cdn.mobygames.com/user/17133485-image.jpg https://vgmdb.net/album/81278

The English romanization of their name is currently not confirmed at this moment.

Game credits affected: Bonanza Bros. (Sega Master System), Pyramid Magic II (Genesis), Robot Battler (Genesis), Advanced Daisenryaku: Doitsu Dengeki Sakusen (Genesis), Teddy Boy Blues (Genesis).

Freeman (65146) on 6/17/2020 1:13 AM · Permalink · Report

I split those credits off and named the page 'Bluetz Lee' since all the roles were credited to this alias.

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/10/2020 6:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Identified "Sheila" in the Cruis'n Exotica arcade credits as game tester Sheila Manansala, who's credited on a handful of Midway releases. Something I missed when I had initially submitted these credits.

firefang9212 (81837) on 6/11/2020 5:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Got it, credits should be fixed now.

Freeman (65146) on 6/12/2020 3:16 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Would it be correct to split off the non-Capcom/SNK/Dimps credits from Hiroyuki Kawano? Many of these are for Pack-In-Video. The only thing is, the JP spelling (as seen in Aurora Quest) appears to be the same as the aforementioned developer (as seen here).

Also, I'm guessing that the SNK credits from H. Kawano should be merged with this profile, correct?

Edit: Went ahead and split off the Pack-In-Video & Victor Interactive credits. Searching the Raido site, this developer is credited on a number of other titles which would seem to overlap with the years at SNK & Dimps.

Also merged the H. Kawano SNK credits.

Rich Welsh (14) on 6/19/2020 3:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi there,

I've just seen that I have two profiles on Moby Games. Can you please merge these two together: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,372940/ https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,476182/

I have always gone by "Rich" rather than "Richard", so if you could merge the two profiles under the name "Rich Welsh", then I would really appreciate it!

If you need evidence of my name and projects, please see my linkedin profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/richwelsh/

Mtik333 (29531) on 6/23/2020 3:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi.

I think Chris Hildenbrand has two entries: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,439653/ and https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,369216/ Both point to SpriteAttack so I believe these two entries should be merged - I actually submitted this a couple of days ago, but it's still "pending".

Robert Johnson on 6/24/2020 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello!

I have a few profiles (credited roles) here. Is it possible to have them merged?

developerId,603655

developerId,584084

developerId,482214

Many thanks!

My LinkedIn profile is here if any record is required: https://www.linkedin.com/in/polyninja/

Sciere (930964) on 6/25/2020 6:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Ok, thanks

Freeman (65146) on 6/28/2020 5:59 AM · Permalink · Report

So Hernan Sanchez should be the main name?

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 6/28/2020 10:10 AM · Permalink · Report

Hernan Sanchez should be the main name.

Foxhack (32099) on 6/28/2020 2:40 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Electric Boogaloo wrote--]Hernan Sanchez should be the main name. [/Q --end Electric Boogaloo wrote--]Done.

MusicFox (4258) on 6/28/2020 4:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Ned Ludd and Nick Eastridge are the same person. Scott Marshall confirmed it for me a long time ago on Facebook. However, he has since removed/blocked me, and as a result I no longer have his messages.

I also have an e-mail from Nick Eastridge himself, but it wasn't a very nice e-mail, so I don't think it's very palatable to post.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 6/28/2020 6:43 AM · Permalink · Report

The rumour also surfaces at http://vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Nick_Eastridge and a couple more places, which if not exactly proving the claim at least to some extent helps to substantiate it.

MusicFox (4258) on 6/29/2020 4:21 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Like I said, I do have proof, though if I post it, I'd rather PM it, rather than publicly, as I'm sure the e-mail was only meant for my viewing.

Mtik333 (29531) on 6/29/2020 8:15 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello.

I think both Michael Jerchower: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,45258/ and Michael Jercower: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,223965/

are entries for one person (Michael Jerchower). Second developer has only one game credited and it is also published by Acclaim (few games can be found on first developer page where he had some "licensing" work done for Acclaim around 2000). Do you think it was just a misspelled entry in credits?

Foxhack (32099) on 6/29/2020 9:42 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Mtik333 wrote--]Hello.

I think both Michael Jerchower: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,45258/ and Michael Jercower: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,223965/

are entries for one person (Michael Jerchower). Second developer has only one game credited and it is also published by Acclaim (few games can be found on first developer page where he had some "licensing" work done for Acclaim around 2000). Do you think it was just a misspelled entry in credits? [/Q --end Mtik333 wrote--]Definitely a misspelling. I've checked the submission images for that second dev, it's a misspelled name, but the jobs check out. I'll be merging them in a bit.

phuong2020 Vu on 7/2/2020 8:58 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Spam

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 7/4/2020 1:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Merge id=725068 and id=43608

They are the same person.

id=725068 only has credit for Cabinet Design on WaveRunner, which I'm positive is Keisuke Tsukahara.

Freeman (65146) on 7/4/2020 6:50 PM · Permalink · Report

I agree that the cabinet design credits belong together, but do you know if this is a different person than the composer?

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 7/4/2020 9:34 PM · Permalink · Report

The composer and cabinet designer are indeed the same person.

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 10/3/2020 5:27 PM · Permalink · Report

I've just been alerted by fellow contributor Nicolass Hamman that Keisuke Tsukahara the composer and Keisuke Tsukahara the cabinet designer might not be the same person as previously thought.

Here's what he told me:

"Hey, I think I may have found evidence to suggest that Keisuke Tsukahara the sound designer and Keisuke Tsukahara the cabinet designer are different people. I've seem to have found a SEGA patent from the late 90's for a cabinet system, and one of the credited inventors is a Keisuke Tsukahara, but his first name's Kanji is different: 塚原 圭介 as opposed to 塚原 啓介. The other two credited inventors are Masayuki Yamada (山田 正之) and Nobuyuki Kadoi (角井 信行 ), also cabinet creators (the three of them all worked on SPIKEOUT's cabinet)." https://astamuse.com/ja/published/JP/No/2000033181

Nicolaas Hamman (480) on 10/3/2020 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

There is a Keisuke Tsukahara on Facebook that shares that combination of character for his name who also works for SEGA, but his join date is listed as April 1 2020 (he wasn't listed as working for SEGA when I first found the page). It may be a mistake, or it might be another different Keisuke Tsukahara. https://www.facebook.com/tsukaharak

Freeman (65146) on 10/5/2020 4:11 AM · Permalink · Report

I've split off the cabinet designer. Also, since VGMdb states that Tsukahara worked on the OutRun2 soundtrack, I'll leave the Special thanks credit with the composer.

Infernos (44525) on 7/10/2020 11:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Alex Taini=Alessandro Taini

Also, I think the Microprose credits (B-17 Flying Fortress and Gunship 2000) which are now credited to this David Osborne should be moved to David K. Osborn.

Freeman (65146) on 7/13/2020 6:09 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged the Taini profiles.

Moved the Gunship 2000 credit to 6151 (manual also had Osborn). The research credit for B-17 Flying Fortress appears to be this historian.

Freeman (65146) on 7/13/2020 6:25 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged and changed the main name to 'Tony Taka'.

axton777 on 7/14/2020 9:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

delete, oops!

axton777 on 7/15/2020 4:33 PM · Permalink · Report

The two "Ross Graber" ID's should be merged. developerId: 406203 & 1036032

Sciere (930964) on 7/15/2020 6:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok, done.

axton777 on 7/17/2020 3:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks!

MAT (240988) on 7/17/2020 10:33 AM · Permalink · Report

We have three such devs, the one that probably needs fixing is this one...

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,646863/

...his Endless Fables credit should probably go under this one...

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,764505/

...and his Two Worlds and Battle vs Chess credits under this one...

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,50117/

Can anyone confirm or sort this out if verified?

Freeman (65146) on 8/4/2020 5:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged all 3; they're the same person. This is based on the bio on file & his LI profile. He mentioned in a correction that he never worked on Two Worlds II: Castle Defense, though it's possible this was just a mistake with the manual - a number of non-QA people were listed within the QA and Testing group.

Mtik333 (29531) on 7/17/2020 8:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello,

I think both entries point to the same developer and should be merged.

Shareef El Shanawaney https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,145397/ Shareef Shanawany https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,179386/

First one has only one game entry and it is also connected to Climax around 2003-2004 as Artist.

Freeman (65146) on 8/4/2020 5:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, he mentions 'Sudeki' on his LI profile.

tom cooper on 7/25/2020 12:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello, developerId,865846 and developerId,525411 could be merged please.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tomcoopercodies

Thanks

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 7/25/2020 7:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged (and associated), cheers.

Infernos (44525) on 7/27/2020 11:03 AM · Permalink · Report

2 Ready at Dawn devs:

1) Didier Melenfant is a dupe of Didier Malenfant. 2) Ru Weerosuriya is a dupe of Ru Weerasuriya

Freeman (65146) on 8/4/2020 6:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged both.

Rik Hideto (473434) on 8/1/2020 1:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Hendericks / Hendrickson = typos. Fixed.

S Olafsson (60240) on 8/4/2020 8:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Michael Keller Is a mess

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 8/4/2020 2:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm sure he's doing what he can do get his life under control, though!

S Olafsson (60240) on 8/7/2020 12:54 AM · Permalink · Report

I laughed out loud.

But thanks Freeman.

Freeman (65146) on 8/6/2020 4:46 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm assuming you mean the 31239 profile? I moved the MechWarrior 2 Audio credit to 814381 and split off the 4x4 Evo & Faerie Solitaire credits. Anything else?

Kabushi (261373) on 8/6/2020 3:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It could be, but the first one also needs to be split.

edit: two split actually: one for Psygnosis and one for Reflections/Eutechnyx and it certainly looks like the same artist for Galaxians, Robinson's Requim and Agony. He also did the covers for Artic's Adventure series, the first one even has the same art as Agony.

Freeman (65146) on 8/6/2020 11:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I split off the Reflections/Eutechnyx developer. Just so I'm clear, are you saying that the Psygnosis cover artist also worked on the earlier titles? Here's his LI profile for reference.

S Olafsson, I also merged the other profiles that you mentioned.

S Olafsson (60240) on 8/7/2020 12:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, but who is Anthony Roberts?

The artist seems to identify as Tony Roberts.

http://www.tonyrobertsart.co.uk/

Freeman (65146) on 8/7/2020 1:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks. So the Psygnosis cover designer is a different person than the sci-fi illustrator. Also, the former credits are all credited to Anthony Roberts while the latter are credited to Tony Roberts.

Kabushi (261373) on 8/8/2020 6:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Could these two be the same?

Toshinori Yuuki
    Yoshinori Yuuki

I thought it was just a typo at first, but both names have been used at least three times.

Freeman (65146) on 8/23/2020 10:39 PM · Permalink · Report

I couldn't find anything conclusive, but it certainly does seem so. It's a fairly small group (Go Watanabe is also credited on the same 7 titles as a Wamsoft Library Programmer) so it would seem doubtful that there were 2 people there who worked on alternate titles. I don't know which is the correct spelling so I'll just go with Yoshinori since it was used more often on recent titles. I'll leave a correction noting which titles were credited under which name.

Mtik333 (29531) on 8/8/2020 10:19 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hello.

I think Larry Li pages: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,442733/ and https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,438843/ should be merged.

Games that he worked on point to the same Papaya Studio.

Mtik333 (29531) on 8/9/2020 7:40 AM · Permalink · Report

Hello.

In my opinion, two entries for Jea Gue Park: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,442740/ and https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,438850/ should be merged, because games in both entries refer to Papaya Studio, therefore I think it is the same artist.

Mtik333 (29531) on 8/9/2020 8:05 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hi.

Another entry related to Papaya Studio developers. Kris Clark has two entries: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,442739/ and https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,438848/ and I think these should be merged.

On the other hand, this and two previous suggestions I submitted all come from one game: https://www.mobygames.com/game/toy-story-mania

Mtik333 (29531) on 8/9/2020 10:48 AM · Permalink · Report

Hello.

I think that Kevin Wynn: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,136210/ and Kevin Wynne: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,63261/ entries should be merged.

It seems like there was a typo in game credits. "Kevin Wynn" is featured only in one game, and it was published by Activision, just like couple of games released in ~2002-2003 present in Kevin Wynne entry.

Mtik333 (29531) on 8/9/2020 12:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello.

I'm pretty sure there is a typo for database person Mikołaj Klimen. As far as I know, there's no voice actor with such surname - so I'm 99% sure this entry: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,861869/ should be merged with correct one: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,492701/

By the way, Mikołaj Klimek died few weeks ago.

Freeman (65146) on 8/23/2020 11:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello,

Klimen was the spelling used in the credits, though you're right that it's likely a typo.

Re: Kennington/Kennigton - Kennigton was a typo.

I've also merged the other profiles that you brought up. Thanks!

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 8/9/2020 2:12 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Move the Point Blank, NebulasRay and Soul Blade credits as well as the Ishikavan and T. Ishikawa AKAs to a new Takayuki Ishikawa developer.

Konami's Takayuki Ishikawa (石川貴之) is NOT the same person as Namco's Takayuki Ishikawa (石川隆之) [note the difference in kanji]

https://w.atwiki.jp/gmcomposer/pages/14.html https://vgmdb.net/artist/2072 https://vgmdb.net/artist/11935

Freeman (65146) on 8/24/2020 12:08 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Other than the different kanji, is there anything that shows that there was a separate composer at Namco from ~'93-96 (I came across this interview though he doesn't appear to mention when he actually began in the games industry)? Is it possible that the 石川 隆之 spelling was a typo from the liner notes, or was it used consistently? Also, any idea what happened to the Namco composer after the mid 90s?

Edit: Also merged Haeger/Haegar.

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 8/25/2020 5:22 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Konami's Ishikawa was born on June 4, 1975. If he indeed worked at Namco, then according to his two earliest credits - 1993's Great Sluggers and the December 1993 album, 'gtr' - he would've been 18 years old - not impossible, but a bit unlikely.

https://vgmdb.net/album/2313 https://vgmdb.net/album/577 https://youtu.be/5sU9GaVLBHc

Also of note, Konami's Ishikawa's Wikipedia page - no mention of Namco anywhere: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%9F%B3%E5%B7%9D%E8%B2%B4%E4%B9%8B

If there's any new information that proves otherwise, I'll let you know - but it seems to me that they are not the same person.

EDIT: I was able to find one interview where Namco's Ishikawa was briefly mentioned - one from Time Crisis composer Kazuhiro Nakamura: https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20150714050/

Seems to me that Nakamura joined the industry around 1993, Namco was hiring a bunch of people to aid in their Wonder Eggs theme park, Nakamura was hired along with Ishikawa around the same time.

Not much info after that though.

Freeman (65146) on 9/9/2020 12:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, I split the Namco composer to a new profile (1114279).

Mtik333 (29531) on 8/9/2020 3:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hello (again).

I think that entries for Aleksander Budzyński: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,265355/ and https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,267560/ should be merged.

He is credited in second entry for game "Infernal", developed by Metropolis Software. In the first entry though, he is also credited in one Metropolis Software game, therefore I think this is the same developer referred in these two entries.

Mtik333 (29531) on 8/9/2020 8:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello again.

I see two developers with similar name in database: Andrew Kennington: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,68744/ and Andrew Kennigton: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,305044/

Second entry has only one game related and it is also about "QA Approval" for PS2 game, I think there was a typo in credits and this should be merged, but again I prefer to get your opinion on that.

Mtik333 (29531) on 8/12/2020 5:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello.

I think that entries for Jean-Marc Vinatier: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,171450/ and Jean Marc Vinatier: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,534908/ should be merged.

Here is his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vinatier-jean-marc-ba368b4/

He worked at Peugeot also in 1999, so authors of Mobil 1 Rally probably mentioned the same guy as authors of next WRC-alike games.

Infernos (44525) on 8/25/2020 11:26 AM · Permalink · Report

1) Patrick Redding=Pat Redding. 2) Shawn Leblanc=Sean Leblanc. 3) Shawn Lee is a dupe of Shawn Lee. "The Blue Grotto" is from his album Into The Wind while "Kiss the Sky" is from album Voices and Choices.

Freeman (65146) on 9/9/2020 3:38 AM · Permalink · Report

Sean & Shawn Leblanc are actually two different people ('Sean' was from Rayman 2). I moved the animation credits over to the other profile. I also merged the other 2 profiles you mentioned.

Mtik333 (29531) on 9/11/2020 1:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello.

I think these two entries should be merged: Niels HJ Kleine: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,370370/ and Niels Kleine: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1091587/

Both refer to developer who works at Team6 game studio.

Sciere (930964) on 9/11/2020 2:04 PM · Permalink · Report

ok

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 9/12/2020 1:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Merge Shinichi Hiromoto id=158582 and H. Morii id=184130

Hiromoto's real name is Hiro Morii (森井浩) https://www.city.tamana.lg.jp/q/aview/112/2205.html

Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/Arc_Hound/status/1041767664501379077

Mory-Wandayu (id=974851) is possibly an alias for Hiromoto/Morii, who's official website mentions working on Parodius (1990) - http://www.manga-force.com/

Freeman (65146) on 9/13/2020 1:22 AM · Permalink · Report

I've merged the 3 pages under Shinichi Hiromoto (which seems to be the name he goes by). His Wiki page also mentions both Gradius 3 & Parodius.

Freeman (65146) on 9/15/2020 4:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Isn't it likely that this Takashi Kanai is the same person as this profile, with the spelling from the Arc the Lad III manual (隆史 for the given name) being a typo? These 2 roles are for the SCEI sound team and the other names credited alongside him all share credits with the 37151 profile. Since the sound team on these two games only consisted of five people, I doubt that there were two people on the team with the same name. Also, this spelling (金井 隆史) seems to have only been used on Arc the Lad III.

Foxhack (32099) on 9/15/2020 4:49 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Freeman wrote--]Isn't it likely that this Takashi Kanai is the same person as this profile, with the spelling from the Arc the Lad III manual (隆史 for the given name) being a typo? These 2 roles are for the SCEI sound team and the other names credited alongside him all share credits with the 37151 profile. Since the sound team on these two games only consisted of five people, I doubt that there were two people on the team with the same name. Also, this spelling (金井 隆史) seems to have only been used on Arc the Lad III. [/Q --end Freeman wrote--]

Here is the Arc the Lad III credit, which shows 金井 隆史, and here is the Arc the Lad End of Darkness credit, which shows 金井 貴史. Jisho says both first names are Takashi, just different spellings.

The weird thing is that neither of them seem to have any game related hits on Google with their kanji readings! It's... just us!

There's a third guy, by the way - 金井敬 - but this is a well known orchestra conductor who's worked on some anime albums, and has very likely not been involved in video games.

Freeman (65146) on 9/15/2020 6:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, I merged the entries again and added the kanji in parentheses for the Arc the Lad III credits.

Freeman (65146) on 9/15/2020 6:24 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm adding the credits for Siren 2 and one of the mixing engineers was credited as just 'Kentaro!'. I've noticed this used on other games so decided to add an entry for it. On Tenchu Wrath of Heaven, he's credited as Kentarou: alpha studio (and just as 'Kentaro' in the manual). However, the JP credits from the PSP version of Tenchu: Return from Darkness (a port with mostly the same credits) credits a 2nd Kentaro as Kentarō Kōketsu (纐纈 健太郎) from 'Mefa-Alpha' (typo for Mega Alpha, Noriyuki Asakura's studio).

Would it be safe to assume that this is the same person as 'Kentaro!'?

Freeman (65146) on 9/24/2020 7:37 AM · Permalink · Report

Our Naoto Suzuki profile is credited as:

1) A programmer on Ironclad (Saurus).

2) A sound producer on Thousand Arms (JP spelling also 鈴木 直人). Other names in this group are associated with avex trax, so this might be this producer.

3) Credited with 'Arrangements & Programming' on the Konami game Sword of Etheria.

4) Credited at D4Enterprise on Sorcery Saga. He's the CEO at D4 Enterprise (also 鈴木 直人). He began Project EGG in 2001 so he's also frequently listed as a producer on VG albums (eg. here).

I'm not sure whether these credits belong to separate developers or not.

Freeman (65146) on 9/25/2020 1:54 AM · Permalink · Report

This profile came to my attention since I'm adding the credits for Quiz King of Fighters so I'm comparing names/aliases with other Saurus games. Under 'special thanks', there's a 'Pooyan' credited. Now, on the SNES version of WH2, there's a 'Naoto. S Pooyan' credited as a Programmer. I'm guessing that this is the same as the Naoto Suzuki credited on Ironclad.

So I was wondering if it made sense to split off the Ironclad credit since I don't know that any of the later credits belong to this Saurus programmer?

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 9/27/2020 4:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Merge Mark D. Klein (id=443) and Mark Klein (id=70695)

They are likely the same person.

The fact that he had worked at Imagic with Night Trap co-creator Rob Fulop and that David Crane had briefly worked on Night Trap do line up with his work on Absolute/Imagineering games.

Rik Hideto (473434) on 10/4/2020 11:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok.

Infernos (44525) on 10/1/2020 11:42 AM · Permalink · Report

1) Ikuko=Ikuko Noguchi.

2) Credits for Cruise Chaser Blassty and Seiken Densetsu 3 probably (since that's a Square game as well) should be moved from H. Yamamoto to Hiroshi Yamamoto.

Rik Hideto (473434) on 10/4/2020 11:48 PM · Permalink · Report

H. Yamamoto from Seiken Densetsu 3 is Hirotsugu Yamamoto, not Hiroshi.

Test Play: https://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/seiken-densetsu-3/credits

Playtesters: https://www.mobygames.com/game/android/chrono-trigger/credits

T. Moriyasu = Tomoko Moriyasu

R. Nemoto = Reo Nomoto

H. Ogura = Haruo Ogura

A. Takahashi = Akitoshi Takahashi

Freeman, can you take a final look? There are probably more pages to be merged.

Freeman (65146) on 10/5/2020 6:20 AM · Permalink · Report

I merged the names you mentioned and a few others as well.

I'm wondering if System Engineer: M. Orikasa (credited only on SD3) is actually supposed to be Yasunori Orikasa? The time period/role would suggest that the 'M' was just a typo.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/4/2020 5:59 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Nathalie Deschartes

Something tells me we've had the wrong name as the main alias for almost 20 years. I'm seeing a lot of PDF manuals of the era with the Deschatres spelling, but most sites seem to use the spelling we do. I tried to find info on her but there's nothing on the internet.

I did find a coworker of hers on Twitter, but I'm kinda afraid to ask him for the right spelling. :P

Rik Hideto (473434) on 10/5/2020 12:01 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--]but most sites seem to use the spelling we do. [/Q --end Foxhack wrote--]

Yeah, most sites like GB: https://www.giantbomb.com/nathalie-deschartes/3040-6422/ (page scraped from MG)

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathalie-deschatres-b4407b17/

Keep "Deschartes" as aka or not?

Freeman (65146) on 10/5/2020 4:22 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start リカルド・フィリペ wrote--] Keep "Deschartes" as aka or not? [/Q --end リカルド・フィリペ wrote--] I don't think we need to. It could have just been a contributor mistake (or a typo from a single manual).

Rik Hideto (473434) on 10/5/2020 4:25 AM · Permalink · Report

Also merged Natalie Deschartes (MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries).

Foxhack (32099) on 10/5/2020 1:41 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start リカルド・フィリペ wrote--] [Q2 --start Foxhack wrote--]but most sites seem to use the spelling we do. [/Q2 --end Foxhack wrote--]

Yeah, most sites like GB: https://www.giantbomb.com/nathalie-deschartes/3040-6422/ (page scraped from MG)

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathalie-deschatres-b4407b17/

Keep "Deschartes" as aka or not? [/Q --end リカルド・フィリペ wrote--]I mean, both spellings are valid, but I'm not sure which is the right one. The credits I examined have -both- spelling variations in manuals. Both should be in a single profile... I just don't know which one is the -main- one.

Edit: Made a list of the spellings.

Deschatres: Alien vs Predator SNES (pending), Biometal (SNES), Blast Chamber (Sega Saturn), Hyperblade (Windows), Mechwarrior 2 (DOS), Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Jaguar, 32X, Sega CD, SNES)

No source images: Blast Chamber (PS1, 2002 submission), Dark Reign (Windows, 2004 submission), Interstate 76 (Windows, 2000 submission), Mechwarrior 2 (Windows, 2000 submission), MechWarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy (DOS, 2000 submission), Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Windows, 2004 submission)

However, I DID find her name spelled as Deschartes in a PDF manual for Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy I found here, so I'm adding that alternate spelling back.

Mtik333 (29531) on 10/6/2020 8:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello,

I think both entries point to the same developer and should be merged - Leishangthem Khanganba / Khanganba Leishangthem

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,514049/ https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,671428/

Both point to someone who is a tester - sadly, I can't find any web proof of it and potential LinkedIn profile doesn't provide info where this guy worked/works: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leishangthem-khanganba-b1b3591b3/

Foxhack (32099) on 10/7/2020 8:24 PM · Permalink · Report

I'll merge these, and make Leishangthem the first name.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/9/2020 4:49 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

So I might have accidentally figured out that Dave Lincoln and Dave Exile are the same person.

I noticed that Lincoln kept turning up in the manuals for Brutal, while Exile kept popping up in the games. So I started to do a little bit of digging, and "Dave Exile"'s first appearance was in the crack message for Suspicious Cargo (as Dave the Exile), as seen here at The Cutting Room Floor. Both Amiga fan sites and Amiga Format Magazine #034 say it was programmed by Dave Lincoln.

Then page 58 of this issue of TheOne Magazine from 1992 says The Humans was programmed by Dave Exile. Moby's credits list Dave Lincoln as the programmer (and it confirms by the Amiga Format comment above.)

So this pretty much confirms both are the same person. I'll likely merge the two later today once I do some credit cleanup (to keep the Dave Exile credit on the proper pages) but I figured I should leave a written note of this here for future reference.

Edit: Also split this dude because he's a totally different developer with a different name.

Edit 2: Done.

Edit 3: I'm kinda curious about one credit though - David Lincoln is credited in Heart of Darkness, but I'm not sure if it's the same person or not.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/10/2020 8:28 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Mark Fisher = Mr Fish

The credits for FIFA Soccer 96 on SNES mention a "Mr. Fish", which was an entity since no one knew who it was. The name actually refers to Mark Fisher, a programmer at Probe Software, as mentioned in the credits for Terminator 2 on DOS. I found a PDF manual and confirmed the nickname.

The nickname also pops up in the credits for Mortal Kombat Sega CD according to Sega Retro. I need to flesh those out...

Edit Oct 20: Added Mark Fisher to these credits and fixed up some errors in the original submission.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/11/2020 5:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Richie Turner, Richard Turner and Richard Turner.

Okay, this one is going to be tough to fix... there are SEVERAL Richard Turners here.

One - Richie Turner - is a programmer that has been at it since at least 1992. This is his Twitter, and he has been working at Warp Digital for several years. He was part of Curve Digital for several years, so he pops up in their credits pretty often. I think they still do contract work for them.

Then we have Richard Turner, a game artist that spent 13 years working at Climax Digital, and is now working at Freejam Games.

And THEN we have Richard Turner, a former artist at Psygnosis and Sony, who seems to have worked on several PS1 games doing packaging and art.

There are also an assortment of QA roles in those three profiles that are very likely another person. The other Richard Turners on the database seem to be split just fine.

Victor Vance (18130) on 10/12/2020 2:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Crook Krummbiegel and Crock Krummbiegel. Both are German voice actors and are most likely the same person.

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,404716/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,228451/

Foxhack (32099) on 10/12/2020 3:38 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Agreed. The credit source image on file for Crock's sole credit is very compressed and distorted, and it's very hard to read the actual name because of it. But this voice acting forum says that it is Crook, not Crock. Merged.

Freeman (65146) on 10/21/2020 4:39 AM · Permalink · Report

These should be fine now.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/12/2020 4:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Masanobu Tsukamoto, Masanobu Tsukamoto

I think these are the same person. Tsukamoto worked at Sega and Land Ho! for many years and both profiles even have the same Kanji reading. Just want to post this here in case anyone has any objections to the merge.

Kabushi (261373) on 10/12/2020 9:41 PM · Permalink · Report

His Facebook is here. Judging by the photos I don't think they are the same person. Also the former is supposed to have left Compile in 1996, but some of the SEGA credits are earlier than that.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/13/2020 12:55 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

... Looking at a bunch of info I've found online, it's almost certainly that's the case.

This is a saved copy of the Compile guy's website from 2001.

Looking up the Land Ho guy, there's a message from him at their website. The Facebook you linked is for this guy. Digging up more info on him, I found this 4Gamer interview from 2016. Running it through Google Translate says the following:

I was originally at SEGA (currently SEGA Games), but I didn't start the company immediately after quitting SEGA. (Referring to Land Ho!)

(Speaking about his friendship with Tomohiro Kondo): Kondo was in development and was the producer of the "Panzer Dragoon" series. As a marketing manager, I was in charge of about half the titles of the Sega brand that was on sale at Sega Saturn at that time.

Which likely means all the Sega Marketing and any Producing credits for non-Compile games are for the Facebook guy, since he left the company to found Land Ho in 1999.

I just added a Japanese Saturn credit for the Land Ho guy, which threw me off and made me think both were the same guy. There's also a lot of misinformation about these two online, which sucks. Good thing I posted this before doing any changes. I'll probably add some bios text to them both to make sure no one makes the same mistake I did...

Edit: Found the Compile guy's twitter here.

This needs to be updated, too.

Infernos (44525) on 10/14/2020 2:23 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

1) Richard Rogers is a typo, it's supposed to be Rodgers - Richard Rodgers. He is credited on the Gwen Stefani song "Wind It Up" because it samples "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music musical.

2) Split the M. Johnson credits. The credit from game Blur for song "Make It So" is Michael Johnson (a.k.a. Ape School) - https://www.discogs.com/Daedelus-Make-It-So/master/94334 While Dance Dance Revolution: SuperNOVA2 credit is Matt Johnson - https://www.discogs.com/artist/703804-Nightriders

3) J. Faria is Joe Faria - https://www.discogs.com/artist/703804-Nightriders

4) Ian Van Dahi is supposed to be "Ian Van Dahl", also it's not a person but a group - https://www.discogs.com/artist/12789-Ian-Van-Dahl

5) P. Luts is Peter Luts - https://www.discogs.com/artist/25503-Peter-Luts

6) A. Coenen is Annemie Coenen - https://www.discogs.com/artist/89118-Annemie-Coenen

7) D. Vervoort is David Vervoort - https://www.discogs.com/artist/66379-David-Vervoort

8) M. Marsciano is Michael Marsicano - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Micro

9) D. Aude=Dave Audé

Foxhack (32099) on 10/14/2020 2:29 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

My reaction

I'll start to work on this later today. Thank you.

1: Richard Rogers is a typo, it's supposed to be Rodgers - Richard Rodgers. - Merged into the main profile.

2: Split the M. Johnson credits. - Done, and AKAs added where needed.

3: J. Faria is Joe Faria - Done

4: Ian Van Dahi is supposed to be "Ian Van Dahl", also it's not a person but a group - Done. Also found a nasty bug related to turning a dev into an entity. Bleh.

5, 6, 7, 8: Changed their names to their full ones.

9: Merged. Done. Yay!

Infernos (44525) on 10/15/2020 9:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Good work, thanks!

Any idea on 8) Michael Marsciano, more specifically, which is the correct last name? In game and on the Sampler CD he's credited as "Marsciano".

While Wikipedia and a couple other sites (Westword, MusicBrainz, Orlando Weekly) have "Marsicano".

Foxhack (32099) on 10/15/2020 7:45 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Infernos wrote--]Good work, thanks!

Any idea on 8) Michael Marsciano, more specifically, which is the correct last name? In game and on the Sampler CD he's credited as "Marsciano".

While Wikipedia and a couple other sites (Westword, MusicBrainz, Orlando Weekly) have "Marsicano". [/Q --end Infernos wrote--]His Facebook page spells it as Marsicano. (This was linked in his Facebook page, so it's definitely his personal FB account.) I'll make the appropriate changes.

Edit: Done. Also added links to FB and Twitter.

Infernos (44525) on 10/18/2020 1:46 PM · Permalink · Report

1) G. Calliste Jr.=Hashim

2) L. Campbell=Luther Campbell=Luther Roderick Campbell

3) L. Smith=Lawrence Smith; also the audio credits from this Lawrence Smith should be moved over.

4) R. Rubin=Rick Rubin

5) O. Redding III is Otis Redding III - https://www.discogs.com/artist/715560-Otis-Redding-III

6) T. Robertson could be Thomas Dolby because Thomas Morgan Robertson is his real name - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Dolby just weird that he's credited on the same song twice under both stage name and real name.

7) J. B. Moore=James Moore; full name is James Biggs Moore - https://www.discogs.com/artist/178925-JB-Moore

8) M. Parrish=Manny Parrish; a.k.a. Man Parrish/Manuel Joseph Parrish - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Parrish

9) L. Sylvers III=Leon Sylvers III=Leon F. Sylvers III; full name is Leon Frank Sylvers III - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Sylvers_III

10) S. Shockley=Stephen Shockley

11) W. Shelby is William Shelby - https://www.discogs.com/artist/280479

12) T. Price is Terry Price - https://www.discogs.com/artist/301828

13) N. Martinelli is Nick Martinelli (Nicholas J. Martinelli) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Martinelli

14) M. Birts is Mark Birts (Mark E. Birts) - https://www.discogs.com/artist/748406

15) J. H. Fitch is John Henry Fitch Jr. - https://www.discogs.com/artist/152012-John-H-Fitch-Jr

16) R. Cross is Reuben Cross - https://www.discogs.com/artist/152013-Reuben-Cross

17) R. A. Westfield=Richard Westfield=R. Westfield; full name Richard Allen Westfield - https://www.discogs.com/artist/635985-Richard-Westfield

18) A. Taylor=Alton Taylor; at least the GTA VC credit belongs to him, I couldn't find any info about the song in the NBA game, maybe it samples some Kool & The Gang song... dunno

19) R. N. Bell=Ronald Khalis Bell; a.k.a Ronald Nathan Bell - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Bell_(musician)

20) R. E. Bell=Robert Earl Bell

21) G. M. Brown=George Melvin Brown=George Brown

22) D. R. Thomas=Dennis Thomas=D. Thomas

23) R.S. Mickens=Robert Mickens

24) N. Holder is Noddy Holder (a.k.a. Neville John Holder) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noddy_Holder

25) J. Lea is Jim Lea (a.k.a. James Whild Lea) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Lea_(musician)

26) I. Astbury=Ian Robert Astbury=Robert Astbury

27) B. Duffy=William Henry Duffy; a.k.a. Billy Duffy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Duffy

28) G. Bonnet=Graham Bonnet

29) S. Vai=Steve Vai

30) K. King=Kerry King

31) J. Hanneman=Jeffery John Hanneman

32) R. Halford=Robert Halford

33) I. Lupez is a typo, it's supposed to be Israel López (a.k.a. Cachao) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_%22Cachao%22_L%C3%B3pez

34) E. Deodato=Eumir Deodato

35) C. Valdes is Chucho Valdés - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucho_Vald%C3%A9s

36) J. Callis=Jo Callis=John Callis; full name is John William Callis - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Callis

37) P. Oakey=Philip Oakey

38) R. Wilde=Ricky Wilde

39) M. Wilde=Marty Wilde

40) R. Orzabal=Roland Orzabal=Roland Orbazal (typo)

41) M. Des Barres=Michael Des Barres

42) G. Kemp=Gary James Kemp

Foxhack (32099) on 10/19/2020 1:03 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Okay... this is gonna take a bit. I'll post the ones I've fixed here.

All done!

Notes: 6 - Yes, Thomas Dolby is credited twice in GTA Vice City for some reason. I've edited the credit so he's only listed once, but mentioned he's credited with both names. I submitted that section so it's fine. :P

8 - Not sure why this guy got added as "Manny Parrish"? He's credited as M. Parrish in the submission images.

33 - Made Cachao his main profile name and added his full name as an AKA.

40 - The typoed credit was from ABP: All Points Bulletin... but the credit submission did not have any images, and the site they were pulled from is long gone and not archived, and we were the only ones with the typo anyway so I didn't bother adding the misspelled name back.

Lampbane (22346) on 10/21/2020 10:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Same dude, two different pages here and here.

Freeman (65146) on 10/23/2020 6:11 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Infernos (44525) on 10/25/2020 11:36 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

-from DDR Ultramix 2-

-from NBA Live 09-

Foxhack (32099) on 11/1/2020 12:06 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I've done the Ultramix 2 stuff. I'll do the rest later today or tomorrow.

Edit: Just finished with the other half. I left B. Gomes dos Santos alone, because I couldn't confirm his first name.

mocagh.org (1850) on 10/30/2020 9:10 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

-

Foxhack (32099) on 10/30/2020 4:49 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

... did I miss something? :(

There is NOTHING WRONG with asking if some credits may be wrong. Most of my posts in this thread are like that. It only takes us a few minutes to check submissions and verify if there's mistakes, so don't feel bad for asking. I don't mind double checking things for folks. :)

Foxhack (32099) on 10/30/2020 4:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm guessing they thought Knight and Knights were the same person...

It's possible there's a typo on some of the Knights credits, but I think Simon Knights may be a different person. There's this guy from California who is an artist at Khaos Digital and Toys for Bob (who made a few of the games Knights was credited in.)

Edit: I can confirm that some of the credits in Knights DO belong to Knight according to the scans included with the submissions. These are:

Soldiers of Fortune: Atari ST / Windows
    Magic Pockets: Atari ST
    Gods: Atari ST

The Solar Eclipse and Pandemonium credits are in the right profile. I'll be editing these credits in a little while.

Edit: Credits moved to the proper Simon Knight. I also merged both Simon Knights together, since he's credited as working on the 24 TV show as an artist.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/31/2020 3:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Farook Joi and Haroon Joi = Farook Shamsher and Haroon Shamsher

According to The Bitmap Brothers: Universe, JOI, credited for the title tune of The Chaos Engine / Soldiers of Fortune, was a two man DJ band comprised of the Shamsher brothers. They're either credited as "Joi" or as above in the games. This isn't mentioned in their Wikipedia article - as expected - so I'm writing this down here for future reference. I'll be editing their credits and profiles to point to them.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/1/2020 2:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello. I think these entries should be merged:

Olivier Vera: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,15277/ Olivier Ver: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,25477/ Oliver Vera: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,391617/

All of these entries point to someone, who was working on localisation for both EA and Ubisoft. And I believe this is his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olivier-vera-36718754/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/1/2020 3:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Good catch.

1 is the main entry, #2 and #3 are typoed names. NFS High Stakes doesn't have full credit images (again... this is becoming a huge problem) but I verified it with a video of the credits that was on Youtube. All three have been merged.

Infernos (44525) on 11/3/2020 4:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Foxhack (32099) on 11/3/2020 9:42 PM · Permalink · Report

All done.

MAT (240988) on 11/4/2020 1:08 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Misato Fukuen

Misato Hukuen

Based on fact they're both credited under acting and under same game series (one under Street Fighter IV, the other under Street Fighter V). And there is no HU in Japanese (HA HI FU HE HO), e.g. Hurrah Sailor! is written as FURA Sailor, so there's a pretty big chance these two should be merged.

Second opinion, anyone?

Foxhack (32099) on 11/4/2020 4:23 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

That is definitely the same person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misato_Fukuen

Given the fact the name is used very often, it should probably be added as an AKA. I'll merge them after I do some cleanup.

Edit: And merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/8/2020 11:41 AM · Permalink · Report

Hello

So I think that these entries should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,499708/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,261301/

LinkedIn profile suggests that he worked at Ubisoft around 2001-2005, and games that he was credited in older ID are all published/created by Ubisoft.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/francisco-t%C3%A9llez-de-meneses-76b8b456/?originalSubdomain=es

Infernos (44525) on 11/8/2020 3:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Freeman (65146) on 11/23/2020 6:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, these are all done now.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/8/2020 3:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

According to his Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-siamidis-4239865/

He worked both as independent developer, but also in WildTangent. Therefore, I think these two entries should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,130942/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,279268/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/11/2020 7:23 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/8/2020 9:47 PM · Permalink · Report

I think that these two entries should be merged.

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,259368/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1059501/

In first, he is mentioned as Cenega published it in Poland and he was working there back then in 2007; in second he's mentioned as developer from IQ Publishing (and he works there up to this day)

Foxhack (32099) on 11/11/2020 7:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Agreed. His LinkedIn doesn't seem to mention anything but his IQ Publishing work, but some sites that scraped their data made the connection. Merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/10/2020 10:41 PM · Permalink · Report

I just checked this LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelmovel/

It seems that these entries should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,53602/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,437449/

It seems that he was QA Tester, worked at Lionhead (first entry) and worked at ZoeMode (second entry).

Foxhack (32099) on 11/11/2020 7:20 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged along with a third profile that you didn't catch.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/10/2020 11:12 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I also checked LinkedIn profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/harvey-eagle-670750ab/

It seems that Harvey works at Xbox but he also worked at Hasbro in the past. Therefore, I think that these two entries should be merged (in one, he's mentioned in "Thanks Xbox Team", in second he was Brand Manager for a couple of Hasbro-related games):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,64738/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1026349/

This entry might be also required to be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,841333/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/11/2020 7:06 AM · Permalink · Report

1 and #2 have been merged.

3 is an unfortunate case of "the submitter used a Youtube video as reference" and that video is missing a good third of the credits. It should've never been approved in this state, and I couldn't find a different source, so I can't merge that in case it's actually a different person.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 3:11 PM · Permalink · Report

According to this LinkedIn profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andyeder/?originalSubdomain=uk

He worked both at Blitz Games and Empire Interactive. Therefore I think that these entries should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,220376/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,43287/

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 4:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I believe that these two entries should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,34796/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,185091/

I believe this second entry is just due to typo in credits. Maybe this is his LinkedIn profile? I cannot find any other that would fit his QA work. https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-stainer-26430b4/?originalSubdomain=uk

Freeman (65146) on 11/22/2020 2:38 AM · Permalink · Report

No source image for Grand Prix World but it seems likely as they're both testing credits for Hasbro Interactive.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 4:59 PM · Permalink · Report

This is another one I believe should have two entries merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,34798/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,144162/

Problem is - I can't find any info about this guy and which surname is actually correct, so I would be grateful for some kind of help.

Freeman (65146) on 11/22/2020 2:49 AM · Permalink · Report

No source on file, but 'Erik Mantelow' was credited as Eric Manktelow in-game. He's also credited with a different role, so I'll probably go through the rest of the credits as well.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 5:15 PM · Permalink · Report

Another one seems to have "duplicate" due to typo:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,490612/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,121116/

Credits in second entry point to Hasbro as well as these in first entry. Sadly, I couldn't find again whether his name is Steven or Stephen.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 5:23 PM · Permalink · Report

The main entity is definitely this one:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,33695/

There is also this entity, but it looks like a typo to me (testing just one game, that was also published by Hasbro like many mentioned on first entity):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,535019/

Freeman (65146) on 11/22/2020 3:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Was credited in-game as Palfrey.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 6:47 PM · Permalink · Report

I believe that these entries should be merged (first one is valid):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,10956/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,843502/

Second entry is probably there because of a typo. LinkedIn profile (it does not confirm his work as Hasbro but this can be found on the web easily):

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-sutyak-a405963/

Freeman (65146) on 11/22/2020 3:25 AM · Permalink · Report

In-game (Jeopardy!) had Sutyak while the manual had the Suytak spelling.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 7:11 PM · Permalink · Report

I assume that this entry is correct one:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,65030/

Someone however created this entity in the past:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,490614/

So I assume these two should be merged, it's likely a typo.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 7:22 PM · Permalink · Report

This is correct entry:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,29497/

This entry exist due to typo (I guess) - two games published by Hasbro/Atari where he worked:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,192452/

I suggest to merge these entities. LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-hurlbut-9240441/

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/14/2020 7:36 PM · Permalink · Report

There is this entry that points to correct person:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,50582/

There is also entity created due to typo:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,351780/

LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/annmariebland/ - she worked at Hasbro but also on Infogrames brands.

Foxhack (32099) on 11/16/2020 6:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged. Her correct name is in the credits for Dirt Track Racing 1. So, same person.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/15/2020 9:53 AM · Permalink · Report

So I checked this profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariusz-wiechec-0180506/

It seems that Mariusz Wiechec and Mario Wiechec point the same person. Therefore, I'd like to see these entries merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,181601/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,202542/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/16/2020 6:29 AM · Permalink · Report

Confirmed AKA according to his website: http://www.artistmario.com/

Merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/15/2020 11:40 AM · Permalink · Report

According to this profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/burcin-ergin/

She worked at both EA and Disney, so I assume these entries should be merged?

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,735799/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,501892/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/16/2020 6:26 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/15/2020 12:07 PM · Permalink · Report

LinkedIn profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-keyes-6342baa/

Seems that he was credited sometimes as Steve, sometimes as Stephen. Therefore, I believe these entries should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,459016/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,175097/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/16/2020 6:23 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/15/2020 1:35 PM · Permalink · Report

I found two entities in the database:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,211673/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,299866/

The second entry looks like exists due to typo in credits, so I assume these two should be merged.

LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-h-47b4ba6/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/16/2020 6:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Nicolaas Hamman (480) on 11/16/2020 3:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I feel all Psychedelic Chung-related credits (including P.Chung and PP.Chung) should have a separate developer page from Keisuke Tsukahara. The idea that they are the same person is based on very lengthy, flimsy, "jump through hoops" speculation found here: https://www.smspower.org/forums/12766-VGMPackLandOfIllusion Keep in mind that this user was known for their regular contrived speculation and, while they had gotten some info correct, there are also several claims they made that have been confirmed to be incorrect.

As they pointed out, Tsukahara has a works list up to 2007 found here: https://media.vgm.io/albums/86/4768/4768-1191149488.jpg The only game in that list to feature Psychedelic Chung is ALIEN STORM (MD), which also features Souseki in its credits. It's not a complete works list, since it's missing QUEST OF D (he is confirmed to have worked on that game per the credit on Quest of D SOUND TRACK), but it is very suspicious for only one Psychedelic Chung game to appear in the list, and it being one that has another composer also listed. I think the caption 主な参加タイトル (lit. Main Participation Title) means it only list games Tsukahara had a major involvement in, which further makes Chung suspect, as they are the only composer credited in Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe.

Freeman (65146) on 11/23/2020 7:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, the linked VGMdb profile page also doesn't mention Psychedelic Chung. Which credits should be split off with Psychedelic Chung?

Nicolaas Hamman (480) on 11/29/2020 1:59 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Chung's works list seems to Alien Storm on the Genesis/Mega Drive, Pro Yakyū Super League '91, Ikasuze! Koi no Doki Doki Penguin Land MD (as P Chung), Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe (as P. Chung) and Land of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (as PP.Chung).

As an aside, this is Psychedelic Chung's page on VGMdb https://vgmdb.net/artist/35854

Freeman (65146) on 12/2/2020 6:30 AM · Permalink · Report

New profile split off to 1137673.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/16/2020 7:32 PM · Permalink · Report

LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marc-bannister-bb02612/

He worked at EA and Eutechnyx so I believe this entry that points to only one EA game: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,310648/

Should be merged with this entry: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,231973/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/18/2020 4:23 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm inclined to believe this, too. Several people in the Burnout Dominator "Operation Support" credits worked in the same set of games in EA UK. I'll merge these in a bit.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/16/2020 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Two entries to merge:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,116210/ (David Hawes)

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,200873/ (Dave Hawes)

His LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-hawes-3b1591/

It looks that he still worked at Eutechnyx around 2013-2014, not sure about this little game "Laser Squad" that he is credited for.

Foxhack (32099) on 11/18/2020 4:17 PM · Permalink · Report

I lean towards keeping that Laser Squad credit. He worked on at least one RTS game at Eutechnyx - a Warhammer game that isn't in the database.

Merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/17/2020 6:51 PM · Permalink · Report

It looks like these two entries should be merged

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,210167/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,194838/

First entry points to two games he did back when he worked at Monolith, second points to game he worked on at Bungie (not sure about this "backers" entry in first one but his name/surname is rather unique so he could also put some cash to support)

LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-pfeiffer-4a28757/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/18/2020 6:22 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I looked into this, this is actually three profiles:

We got Alex Pfeiffer, the game designer; Alexander Pfeiffer is an unrelated person that has supported several Kickstarters according to my searches; and the third person is Alex Pfeffer, a composer who has this separate profile:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,214577/

The two music credits in the Monolith guy's profile are his. I'll move the credits to their proper place in a bit.

Edit: Fixed.

Foxhack (32099) on 11/18/2020 5:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Chiu is a typo, his proper last name is Chhiu. Merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/17/2020 7:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Another person to check:

Main entry:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,107853/

Second entry:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,295882/

He worked at Namco for quite long and it seems to me that all games under second entry were published by Namco (or Namco had something to do with them). Therefore, I believe these entries should be merged. His LinkedIn profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kenrick-mah-a-csm-1672444/

Sciere (930964) on 11/17/2020 8:00 PM · Permalink · Report

You do the research and are dedicated, so are you interested in becoming an Approver so you can do these splits and merges yourself without having to go through a proxy?

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/17/2020 9:15 PM · Permalink · Report

To be honest, I don't feel like experienced-enough to become the Approver - my "score" also isn't impressive, so for now I'm putting all my "suggested corrections" here to ask veterans/"trusted users" to validate my assumptions.

In next weeks or months though, maybe I'll decide to ask about "steps" to become Approver, but for now like I said, I still need to learn a bit on "researching"/contributing here,

Foxhack (32099) on 11/18/2020 5:49 AM · Permalink · Report

Merged. He also worked on tons of mobile games after he left Namco.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/17/2020 11:09 PM · Permalink · Report

So seems there's need to do another merge for Kris Clark / Kristoffer Clark.

I found his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristofferclark/

He worked both at Papaya Studio (2007-2010) and currently at Ready at Dawn (2012 - ), so I believe entries below should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,438848/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,686051/

He is also credited in one game developed by Pencil Test Studios but the date is quite strange (he worked there only in 2011 according to his bio, how he could be credited in 2015?).

Foxhack (32099) on 11/18/2020 1:20 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Mtik333 wrote--]He is also credited in one game developed by Pencil Test Studios but the date is quite strange (he worked there only in 2011 according to his bio, how he could be credited in 2015?). [/Q --end Mtik333 wrote--]Contract work, maybe? If they knew the guy already from his time there, them hiring him for this specific job wouldn't be out of the question.

His website specifically mentions work as a videographer, so I do think this is him.

Edit: Merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/18/2020 11:29 PM · Permalink · Report

So, there is this entry that has only 2 associated credits:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,254483/

One from MX 2002 is likely a typo (he is listed under THQ list), but second one is more mysterious.

I believe that typo in MX 2002 credits would have to be fixed (correct person would be: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,30085/)

Then Scott Kreeger is left with one entry and maybe it is this guy? https://ggbmagazine.com/article/q-a-with-scott-kreeger/ + https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-kreeger-519140b/

Foxhack (32099) on 11/19/2020 12:55 AM · Permalink · Report

That MX 2002 credit is a typo (the submission images say Krager.) I'll move the credit to the proper profile in a bit.

The Kreeger credit is also correct, he's the casino exec you linked to, so that one stays there. :)

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/18/2020 11:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisferriter/

So, he worked at THQ, Midway, EA and Ubisoft. There are two entities related to him I believe:

1) https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,92022/

This contains credits from games published by THQ, EA, Halon (and few from Ubisoft)

2) https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,190083/

This contains credits from games published by Ubisoft (+ MX 2002 from THQ).

Since LinkedIn profile bio covers credits listed in both entries (by year?), I would assume that these entries should be merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/19/2020 7:35 PM · Permalink · Report

This entry has only two credits:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,635877/

"Just Dance 2014" is a title made by Ubisoft, and Andy Buck worked at Ubisoft at that time (please see this entry: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,116206/ and his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andybuck/)

I'm not sure about this "backers" credit, but the one from "Just Dance 2014" should be probably linked to Andrew Buck.

Freeman (65146) on 11/22/2020 4:06 AM · Permalink · Report

I moved the Just Dance credit over but left the backer credit separate for now.

Foxhack (32099) on 11/22/2020 4:27 AM · Permalink · Report

There's a pending credit in the Kickstarter profile that should not be there, for Andrew Taylor Buck, a voice actor.

I've split it.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/19/2020 8:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Josh Hak Song LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/josh-hak-song-b28a119/

He worked at Papaya between 2007-2011.

Main entry is this one I believe:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,438846/

Another one is this - it has only one game and it was also developed by Papaya: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,520704/

And there is third one, also with one game developed by Papaya: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,442734/

I suggest merging all three of them into one.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/20/2020 5:49 PM · Permalink · Report

LinkedIn profile of Col Kennedy: https://www.linkedin.com/in/colkennedy/

He worked at Sony (2003-2006), Disney (2006-2011), THQ (2011-2013).

There are two entries: Col Kennedy - mostly covers his work at Disney/THQ: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,290747/

Colin Kennedy - credits mainly from games published by Sony: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,188069/

Maybe it's required to correct almost all credits in second entry?

Then, this second entry would only keep profile of skateboarder mentioned in credits from THPS1+2? https://www.instagram.com/colinmkennedy/

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/20/2020 6:00 PM · Permalink · Report

It looks like entries for Clare Wilson and Claire Wilson should be merged: Her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gingerpixel/

Main: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,113518/

To-delete: https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,626139/

She worked at Sumo Digital and many games in first entry were developed by this company.

In second entry, she is credited only for one game (F1 2009), also developed by Sumo Digital.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/20/2020 6:31 PM · Permalink · Report

I think that these two entries should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,268497/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,321909/

This second entry contains only one game, published by D3Publisher (2006-2008), where Jen Wilder worked at - as listed in her LinkedIn profile that is present in first (268497) entry

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/20/2020 7:18 PM · Permalink · Report

LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerald-wada-252a083/

He works at Disney. Main entry in database is:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,55054/

But there is one entry that I believe is a typo (Gerald Walda):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,709472/

This entry contains only one credit entry, game was also published by Disney. Therefore, I believe that this second typo-entry should be merged with first one.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/20/2020 7:40 PM · Permalink · Report

I believe that these two entries should be merged:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,206860/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,881277/

His LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattosborne74/

So he mostly worked as QA "responsibility" at Sony, but had also a short time of work at Dovetail Games (2013-2014). While first entry covers almost all of his QA work, second entry contains only credits from 2 games made by Dovetail (around the time he worked there).

Therefore, I think that "881277" entry should be merged into 206860.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/20/2020 9:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Main entry:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,258759/

Entry with typo (there's only one game):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,420156/

His LinkedIn profile (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrarjunpandey/) points his work as QA at Disney. Game from second entry is also published by Disney, so I assume this is a typo in credits and entries should be merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/21/2020 4:28 PM · Permalink · Report

There are two entries in database:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,426277/ (correct)

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,623717/ (invalid)

According to her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/g%C3%A9raldine-anberr%C3%A9e-diptrans-iolet-mcil-446b4315/ it looks like she is a freelancer translator / QA specialist. Two games in "invalid" / "typo" entry show her work as working on French localization - it could be this "freelancer work" - therefore I believe entries should be merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/21/2020 4:42 PM · Permalink · Report

While this entry is correct:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,426278/

The one below seems to be a typo - it contains only one game, and publisher is the same as in games from first entry. I think it should be merged with one above.

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,501891/

LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/zepyur-batikyan-72722b8/

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/21/2020 5:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Main entry for QA Director - Gary Stevens - is:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,5151/

There is also this entry that looks like it should be merged (credited as Director, QA in only one game): https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1091284/

Not sure about this entry (can't find any Gary Stevens working at Mirage/Acclaim at that time): https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,862812/

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/21/2020 5:50 PM · Permalink · Report

What is the probability that this entry, containing only one credited game with "Disney" info:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,235489/

Should be merged with entry for Renee Johnson?

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,94273/

This source [https://www.thevodojo.com/new-events/2020/fight-club-virtual-renee-johnson] points that she started working at Disney around 2002, but I'm not sure if there's any other "R. Johnson" who could match. Maybe it should stay just like it is, but I'm not sure.

Freeman (65146) on 11/22/2020 5:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Seems quite likely. I merged them as well as all the earlier corrections as well.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/22/2020 8:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/21/2020 6:32 PM · Permalink · Report

This is the main entry for Jrod Rodriguez, Franchise Manager at Disney (but probably also worked at Pixar):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,201143/

There is also this one - it contains only 4 credits and all of them are some kind of Disney games (or related to Pixar):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,296994/

So I think that both entries should be merged. His LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jrod15/

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/22/2020 9:30 AM · Permalink · Report

It looks like this is his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abe-wellumson-519a4344/

He works at Activision as QA for quite long and the main database entry is this:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,434117/

However, there is also the one with his name spelled as "Abraham":

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,368363/

All games in this entry were published by Activision, so I assume these two entries should be merged.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/22/2020 9:44 AM · Permalink · Report

We have this entry (Randall Bil):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,404487/

There is also entry with single credits and the same role, but they credited him as "Randy Bil":

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,850999/

I couldn't find any info about him, but I'm pretty sure these two first names are probably "equal", so entries can be merged

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/22/2020 11:35 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Could it be that this entry (contains one credit, game published by EA):

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,522958/

is a typo and should be merged with this one? He worked on many games on "art" aspect, also at EA around 2006.

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,368357/

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/22/2020 11:51 AM · Permalink · Report

This one is more complex to verify.

So when I looked up for Monica Solis on LinkedIn, I'm getting this profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/monica-hill-9540a54/

It is likely her Facebook profile? https://www.facebook.com/pg/ladymonicahill/posts/?ref=page_internal

Two entries in database:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,368370/

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,499322/

Technically, both entries kind of connect - as "Monica Solis", she is credited in Activision games between 2007-2010. Then, as "Monica Hill" she is credited in Activision games between 2010-today.

I would like to get feedback from you to determine these entries can be merged (or not).

Freeman (65146) on 11/23/2020 2:21 AM · Permalink · Report

I agree, it's most likely the same person. I merged this and the others as well.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/22/2020 12:07 PM · Permalink · Report

We have main entry for Rik W. Schaffer who works at Womb Music:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,134762/

There is this entry with one credit only:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1058901/

In credits, it is listed as: "Editorial and Post Rick Schaffer, Womb Music" so I'm sure it should be merged.

There is also a typo entry here - it contains only one game and again, this composer is listed with info about Womb Music - "Aik Schaffer (Womb Music)":

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,102870/

So two entries with one game only should be merged with the one I wrote at top of my message.

Mtik333 (29531) on 11/22/2020 12:57 PM · Permalink · Report

First entry:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,98231/

Second entry:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,80447/

I'm not sure, but it looks like maybe these two entries should be merged? Both contain only references to Mattel brands. I cannot find anyone on the web with this second name.

Linkedin profile kinda matches credits present in both entries? https://www.linkedin.com/in/patty-masai-b178164/

MAT (240988) on 11/24/2020 3:50 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Griffin Puatu

Griffin Puartu

We don't have credits for Miles Morales on file yet, but I'm guessing this is him - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bj19x24sAo

Freeman (65146) on 11/25/2020 12:33 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, most likely an in-game typo. Merged and made a note on the credits.

Duc Nguyen (264) on 11/24/2020 1:43 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

As we verified on DOS Alien Olympics (https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/alien-olympics):

J. Taylor is Jez Taylor, as verified on the link: www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php?title=Jez_Taylor

Freeman (65146) on 11/25/2020 12:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, merged.

Infernos (44525) on 11/24/2020 6:24 PM · Permalink · Report

-VtMB- full names from Aerial2012 channel on YouTube

• J. Blackwell is Jeff Blackwell
    • H. Cummings is Heath Cummings
    • S. Smith is Shawn Smith
    • C. McCall is Coleen McCall
    • M. Wolfe is Michael Angelo Wolfe

-Others-

Freeman (65146) on 11/25/2020 4:26 AM · Permalink · Report

These are all done.

Duc Nguyen (264) on 11/28/2020 4:42 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Ned Ludd is Nick Eastridge.

From the credits of the 16-bit Demolition Man games (https://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/demolition-man/credits), (https://www.mobygames.com/game/sega-cd/demolition-man/credits) and (https://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/demolition-man/credits):

Orca Games = Nathan Grigg

Freeman (65146) on 12/2/2020 5:50 AM · Permalink · Report

1) Do you have a source for Ned Ludd being Nick Eastridge?

2) Re: Orca Games - Is this a one-man studio, or would it include anyone else as well?

Duc Nguyen (264) on 12/2/2020 6:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes. The VGMPF page said Ned Ludd is Nick Eastridge (as verified by GBC Galaga composer Scott Marshall).

Orca Games is a two man studio consisting of Nathan Grigg and Devin Hurd. Grigg solely composed the music for "Demolition Man" (https://www.mobygames.com/game/demolition-man), and Devin Hurd and Nathan Grigg both composed the music for "Izzy's Quest for the Olympic Rings" (https://www.mobygames.com/game/izzys-quest-for-the-olympic-rings)

Freeman (65146) on 12/2/2020 6:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, I've updated these.

Infernos (44525) on 11/29/2020 5:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Forza Horizon 2

Others

Foxhack (32099) on 11/30/2020 4:14 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'll be working on these tonight.

Edit: I've merged the simple ones, and the others have some explanations below:

Antony Crawford: Merged (was typo)
    Charles Brown: Split into four profiles (the blues musician, the soul musician, the QA engineer, and a fourth pending voice acting credit)
    J. Burnett: Fixed name, moved J. to AKA
    Walter Morrison: Merged, but you also missed one more AKA - J. Theracon
    Pat Pardy: Merged, but you missed one more AKA - Christopher Pardy
    Andy Ross: These two were originally split, I've merged them back together. As for Andrew Ross, a bunch of images for the music credits are missing. I have the game on Windows, so I'll download the game to confirm how he's credited in there (to see if he's a valid AKA.) I'll leave that credit alone for now.

I'll do the rest tomorrow, I'm tired. Freeman, leave these to me, I'll do them in the morning. :P

Edit: All done except for Andy Ross.

Infernos (44525) on 12/2/2020 12:33 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the work, however these were overlooked:

Foxhack (32099) on 12/3/2020 7:13 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Working on these:

R. Smith - Forza credit moved, Cello player split. I left the name as "R. Smith", IMDB would usually link a profile in those credits, but they didn't, and I couldn't find any info on who this person is via Google. I'll leave it alone for now.

David Jones - Split. I got confused because I split off a third David Jones from this, who composed a single song for the band Heaven's Basement.

Nick Hodgson and Ricky Wilson - merged.

Charles Wilson - Profiles merged and Ricky Wilson credit moved.

Duc Nguyen (264) on 12/3/2020 12:44 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Well here's one about Pong: The Next Level (https://www.mobygames.com/game/gameboy-color/pong-the-next-level/credits)

The programmer "Eastridge Technology" is what it meant for developer Nick Eastridge, who programmed a big number of NES and Game Boy games like Paperboy.

And a real developer example (verification from https://tcrf.net/Junction_(Genesis))

Shaka = Isao Nakasugi

Foxhack (32099) on 12/3/2020 6:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I'll merge Shaka and Nakasugi in a bit. I saw several confirmations of this in this Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/harinezumiotoko/status/1239204618191560706

I'm not too up to date on the Eastridge stuff, so I'm leaving that alone, since some other staffers know more about those devs than me.

Rwolf (23137) on 12/3/2020 7:24 PM · Permalink · Report

I noted there are a couple of loose "Alan Smithee's" in the database; maybe they should be merged with the single false identity? 447956 + 1062318 -> 69846 unless someone with that name actually exists?

Foxhack (32099) on 12/3/2020 7:46 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Ha, this is a fun one.

So, this is the main Alan Smithee profile.

This one seems to be a pseudonym used at some 3D model sites that the dev of Drive Isle took models from. I would definitely merge this into the main "Alan Smithee" entry.

This guy, though? I think this is a real person called Allan Smithee. This seems to be a person who has been credited with "Thanks" on a few Torus Games credits -with that spelling- in the submission images.

So I'm gonna keep that guy separate, because really, why would someone want to be credited as Allan Smithee in a Thanks section?

Edit: Nope, he really -is- an Alan Smithee. The other Torus games he's in have the proper spelling. I'll merge them all together.

Nicolaas Hamman (480) on 12/5/2020 9:08 AM · Permalink · Report

An incorrect entry, Let's Go Jungle: Lost on the Island of Spice actually says Keiji Sugawara. He should be linked to Keiji Sugawara (1022634).

Foxhack (32099) on 12/5/2020 10:15 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged, it was a typo.

Nicolaas Hamman (480) on 12/5/2020 9:15 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Misspelling of Hideaki Kobayashi (the Japanese credits for Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise gives his correct kanji of 小林 秀聡), so should be linked to him and added to his Also Known As.

Foxhack (32099) on 12/5/2020 10:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Merged.

Duc Nguyen (264) on 12/7/2020 12:31 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Here's a good update. We have verified that Igor Shimskey is Kris Hatelid (www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php?title=Kris_Hatlelid)

Igor Shimskey = Kris Hatelid

And various incorrect entries on Dream T.V. (since it was co-developed by B.I.T.S. Ltd., albeit uncredited).

The Mark Jones should be listed to Mark A. Jones, not Mark K. Jones.

Foaud Katan is Foo Katan.

Freeman (65146) on 1/4/2021 7:12 AM · Permalink · Report

These are done.

Infernos (44525) on 12/7/2020 3:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Outlaw Volleyball

info about the last 4 from AllMusic - https://www.allmusic.com/artist/off-by-one-mn0000460436/biography

25 to Life

Kennyannydenny (128156) on 12/7/2020 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks! I've already merged a few. Others feel free to jump in as I don't have the time atm to do the rest.

Foxhack (32099) on 12/8/2020 10:49 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I've finished all the others from that batch.

Freeman (65146) on 12/12/2020 6:50 AM · Permalink · Report

The 38233 profile needs some work. The Rare/Free Radical credits belong to one developer, though I'm not certain about the others. We also have several other Steve/Stephen Ellis profiles that have Rockstar credits: 467252, 961217, 959954, and 422585.

Anyone want to have a look at these?

Foxhack (32099) on 12/13/2020 3:59 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

This is gonna take a while - Rockstar has a habit of using execs, employees, and even session musicians as motion capture and voice actors.

I'll see if I can find some LinkedIn pages for these folks and start from there.

Edit before I forget: One Steve Ellis worked for WizardWorks and eventually, Sunstorm Interactive. I found this page which said he started working there in 1999 or so. This means that all of the QA positions from that era and very likely the production roles for the company and Infogrames as well are all for the same person. Also, Tom Shiflet, went to work for Sunstorm Interactive directly. Both of them were involved in that long-abandoned website, and have shared credits.

I also found this page scraper that somehow saved the text from this specific person's Google Plus page, and from there I dug up more info which led me to his actual LinkedIn.

Edit: However his LinkedIn page does not mention the QA roles, so it's likely that's a different Steve Ellis.

So that's one guy sorted. I'll work on splitting all his credits tomorrow.

Edit again: Found out that the artist credited on Strife is this guy, who doesn't seem to have any other game credits. So that's definitely a split.

Edit: Split all the QA roles here. Most are credited to "Steve Ellis" except for the ones without source images. There is one additional writing credit that seems out of place, but this Steve Ellis is on the Developer team, not the production team, so I'm assuming the QA guy also did the writing, haha.

Edit: I'll be using 467252 for Steven D. Ellis, the producer. The Highrise Heroes credit belongs to the Free Radical guy (he worked with Joe Moulding) so I've moved that to his page. Update: All his credits have been moved here. Some of the submissions had no images (really old submissions by Kabushi - they didn't even have release info attached, that's how old they are!) and I'll work on the Rockstar stuffs tomorrow.

Edit 12/18: Did a little bit more work on this. Most of the Rockstar credits are now here, with two exceptions: Stephen M. Ellis is listed in the GTA4 expansions under "People of Liberty City", which suggests he is a motion capture actor, and Steve Ellis, who did animation wrk on GTA5 and Red Dead Redemption II. The credits for all of these games have Stephen Ellis as separate listings, with a different name, so I have to assume they're not the same person. There is surprisingly little information on this specific Rockstar staffer so it's best if I keep these separate like this.

The only thing left to do is to do some name cleanup on the 38233 profile. The developer has mainly gone by "Steve Ellis", so I have to inspect the existing credit submissions to see if the AKAs are still valid. But that's for another day.

Edit 12/19: Done. I couldn't find any instances of "Steven Ellis" in the Free Radical Design guy's credits so I removed that AKA. I also moved a pending credit that was for a video lighting guy.

Freeman (65146) on 1/4/2021 7:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks a lot for going through those!

Infernos (44525) on 12/13/2020 1:06 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

on Gran Turismo 3 Music Credits under role Powerman 5000 — "Supernova Goes Pop" a "Spider" is listed as non-person, it's Michael David Cummings (a.k.a. Spider). 4 credits (THPS 1+2, THPS HD, WWE, Frequency) from this Michael Cummings should also be moved to Spider. While the song on Forza belongs to one Michael Ian Cummings - https://www.discogs.com/artist/2419607-Michael-Ian-Cummings

on Gran Turismo 4 Music Credits currently listed as non-persons:

1) under track "It Don't Mean Nothing and Drop On You" one Will.I.Am is listed as non-person, it's will.i.am

2) under track "Nitro" J-Messinian is listed as non-person, it's Messinian (a.k.a. James Fiorella / J.Messinian) - https://www.discogs.com/artist/481418-Messinian

3) under tracks "Hold The Brakes" and "Start The Car" Apollo 440 song writers are currently listed as "Noko/Gray/Gray" (non-persons), it's Norman Fisher-Jones (Noko) / Trevor Robert Gray / Howard James Gray

4) under track "Koxbox Inside Every Man (There's A Machine Waiting To Come Out)" Frank'e is Frank E (a.k.a. Frank Kiehn Madsen) - https://www.discogs.com/artist/79888-Frank-E

5) under track "Short Burning Fuse" currently listed as Fiorello/Denmakes & Manganelli it's Vinnie Fiorello / Chris Demakes / Roger Manganelli

Others

Foxhack (32099) on 12/31/2020 1:13 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm now working on this, sorry for the delay. I've fixed up the Michael David Cummings / Michael Ian Cummings entries and moved things where they belong. I'll do the rest over the next couple of days.

Edit: And yes, Had Hug is a really weird typo, but that's exactly how he was credited in the game credit images. Weird. I've added that as an AKA, seems we're the only site that lists that name!

Foxhack (32099) on 1/8/2021 6:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Wooo I'm tired

Electric Boogaloo (1916) on 1/3/2021 5:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Originally when I submitted the Data East's Hoops credits (and what's currently on there as of this post), I had submitted Kazunori Hashimoto (id=206332) as the "Hashimoto" who worked on Graphics.

After looking at the credits of the recently uncovered Air Walkers, a later Data East arcade basketball game also by Hoops and Street Slam designer Atsushi Kaneko, and looking at the person's credits more closely, I'm now to believe that the "Hashimoto" credited in Hoops is actually Hitomi Hashimoto (id=46072).

Not only because they worked on another Data East basketball game after Hoops, but because their graphic designer credits from other Data East games during the 1993-1999 period would match up more with Hoops' release than Kazunori Hashimoto's, whose previous Data East credit was from a game released in 1991.

As such, the Hoops "Graphic" credit should be moved.

Air Walkers credits: https://youtu.be/leG9VvjTYZY?t=2306

Freeman (65146) on 1/4/2021 7:39 AM · Permalink · Report

Moved the credit to Hitomi Hashimoto.