Forums > MobyGames > How long does information take to update here?

Boudabras (816) on 11/28/2006 12:47 AM · Permalink · Report

So it's the slow season here and the Director of QA has given me the task to update all the games that happen to be missing credits, add people that have not received credit for the game they have worked on, or the game is missing altogether. How long does it take for a game to get approved and appear on the database? Also, how long does an omission for credits take to appear?

Thanks in advance! ")b

Mr Almond (2485) on 11/28/2006 12:59 AM · Permalink · Report

Well thank you in advance. All submissions have to be checked through by an approver so depending on your contribution expect anything from a few hours to a few months. Enjoy the site in the meantime.

nullnullnull (1463) on 11/28/2006 1:23 AM · Permalink · Report

Depending on the contribution a day, but sometimes more. Our goal is to have no contribution sitting in the 3+ day queue. However that is not a reality right now.

I would suggest you take a gander at the MobyGames Standards and Practices doc. Specifically Credits. The more you know about the guidelines the easier the contribution. Also uploading supporting information is highly recomended. Scans of the manual or screenshots of the credits scroll. Makes it easier to double check and we keep it on file just in case stuff gets challeneged later.

Boudabras (816) on 11/28/2006 1:40 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, a lot of the information should be easy to get for me. It's just a matter of getting it from all the different departments.

Ben K (23952) on 11/28/2006 10:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, general rule of thumb is supply some kind of image which has the credits on it, such as manual scan, screenshots, whatever - this way, we can confirm that everything's okay more quickly if we have them. Because credits in particular are such a bitch to submit (and why we are so thankful when people decide to contribute credits!), there's a large amount of room for human error.

Corn Popper (69019) on 11/28/2006 1:45 AM · Permalink · Report

jason wong gave you this task? interesting

Boudabras (816) on 11/29/2006 5:47 PM · Permalink · Report

James Galloway gave me the task, Wong is the Director of the Technical/Admin side now

ungibbed (8) on 12/8/2006 4:11 AM · Permalink · Report

This is good to know.

I was surprised to even see my name pop up on this site when looking for old games I've tested back in the day. Even tho my name was typo'ed. Now back to more exploring some old titles I've long forgotten.

chirinea (47516) on 12/8/2006 12:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, welcome to MobyGames in first place. If you see any mistakes let us know. You can submit a correction for those typo'ed credits through a link at the bottom of that same page, or let us approvers know about it right here. What is your name, by the way? Are you Corey O'Brian or Brian Corey (or none)? Let us know, so we can link your profile to your developer's page.

Ah, and please, take a time to update the info on your developer's page. Anything from biography to photos would be most welcome.

Boudabras (816) on 12/11/2006 11:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Neither. The name's Jimmy Nguyen and I'll be adding more infomation soon. It's the slow season so I have too much time on my hands. I've seen some corrections already that need to be made :P

chirinea (47516) on 12/12/2006 12:46 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Er, sorry Jimmy, I was replying to ungibbed. ;)