🤔 How many games has Beethoven been credited on? (answer)

Forums > Off Topic > Capture PC Screens with hardware

beetle120 (2415) on 6/27/2011 1:35 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi guys haven't posted for awhile.

I was just wondering is there any hardware you can get that can capture screenshots from a PC by physically plugging the device into the monitor cable between the computer and the screen. The reason I ask is that the company that I work for does a lot of software simulations and a lot of the screens are taken at the clients side, and due to our client’s computer restrictions we sometimes cannot install screen capture software on the clients machine (makes it a long process of using print screen and paint). As you guys are the screenshot experts I thought I might ask here. Thanks.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/27/2011 1:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Not that I know of. Are you allowed to use Grabby? It's just one .exe.

beetle120 (2415) on 6/27/2011 2:36 AM · Permalink · Report

Can't install any software has to be hardware based. BTW we mainly use KP-capture it's software designed for software simulations, which is different from your standard screenshots for games as 2-3 screenshots are needed for each screen (one for the screen one for change in icon on mouse hovering over and one for mouse is clicked down) to accurately simulate the software, it results in 100s of screens for even the most simple tasks.

piltdown_man (242431) on 8/7/2011 7:18 PM · Permalink · Report

I haven't used any hardware devices to capture screen shots so this is just an idea. Recently I wanted to get screen shots from an old Amiga game so I fed the TV-out from the Amiga into the TV-in on my old laptop and that allowed me to capture screen shots.

My laptop has ports that allow its screen to be used as a monitor for another device. I think that's a feature on many laptops so perhaps you could you use a laptop as a monitor for the game and run your screen capture on that?