Forums > Game Forums > 1080° Avalanche > 1080° game group.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/4/2009 4:22 PM · Permalink · Report

We need a game group for these games. And I'm posting it here because the game group thread is way too big.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 3/4/2009 6:04 PM · Permalink · Report

You may note that one of the reasons the thread is so big is because its suggestors also write sample game group descriptions and populate the sample group. Usefulness: it takes up room.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/4/2009 6:22 PM · Permalink · Report

What's to say about TWO games ? I should like to think that one could figure out what a game group like this was without a description.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 3/4/2009 8:08 PM · Permalink · Report

If you're going to be that way about things, there are plenty of games that don't require descriptions either (NFL 200x anyone?), a slippery slope that leads us to the plethora of contentless Mobygames knockoffs like giantbomb.com. But for some reason you have gravitated here rather than there, suggesting you prefer our way of doing things.

Our way is submitting a description when making a game group request.

chirinea (47495) on 3/4/2009 8:35 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]If you're going to be that way about things, there are plenty of games that don't require descriptions either (NFL 200x anyone?) [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] Again Pseudo uses this example and again I insist: it isn't the entire world who knows what NFL stands for. To this very day I don't understand the rules of your football, and knowing that NFL stands for National Football League is something that you just happen to know after you're introduced to such sports and the way they are organized in the United States. Even though this is a US based website, a great contingent of people who visits it comes from other places than the US. Thus, a basic explanation on what a group called NFL licensees is about is surely welcome.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 3/5/2009 5:33 AM · Permalink · Report

For that matter I have no idea what "1080°" signifies 8)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/6/2009 2:43 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]For that matter I have no idea what "1080°" signifies 8) [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]

A 1080° spin on a snow board.

Game Group Description: "Games in the Nintendo 1080° snowboarding series."

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 3/6/2009 8:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Would that be Nintendo as in made for Nintendo systems or as in developed by Nintendo itself? Also, are there any commonalities to the series that stand apart from other snowboarding games?

Admittedly those questions are for bonus points 8)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/6/2009 8:50 PM · Permalink · Report

As in only for Nintendo systems.