🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Broken Sword: The Smoking Mirror > How to access the Scumm VM menu?

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 9/21/2016 10:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I remember that in "The Dig", for example, it was F5. I didn't know how to access the game's own menu so I played the whole game doing any setup from the level of Scumm VM emulation. Now I'm playing "The Smoking Mirror" and F5 doesn't seem to work. Yet I need some setup! I just prefer subtitles to spoken dialog, also because I'm not a native English speaker. How to access any menu or setup through Scumm VM?

Rwolf (22827) on 9/22/2016 10:32 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Are the subtitles not in the games top of the screen options anymore? (In the original I think you moved the cursor to the top, and choose the language/subtitling among other options)

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 9/22/2016 11:09 AM · Permalink · Report

I don't know, I'm first trying the game. Can I access the menu at the intro stage? I really, really strongly prefer games that don't start automatically, but have a menu first where you can choose whether to play, restore or access options.

Rwolf (22827) on 9/22/2016 3:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Hmm...I don't have it installed now, so I can't try it out, but maybe the intro can be played again after configuring the game?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 9/24/2016 2:15 AM · Permalink · Report

My recollection is that in some cases SCUMMVM keeps its menu available at the top level of a game, in other cases it gives the keys to the game's native menus.