🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Condemned: Criminal Origins > Plotholes? Lazy writers?

Zovni (10504) on 6/21/2007 10:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok, maybe I'm not the brightest mind around, but I just finished the game and felt there was a lot missing from it story-wise.

It seems to me they blatantly left gaping holes in the story to be filled later on by sequels, prequels and whatnot. Yet there's stuff that reeks of plot-holes... Why do you continue to escape the law after finding the matchmaker's body when you have evidence SKX commited the murders?? (the whole "shot your buddies with your gun" argument being already paper-thin), not to mention that... since he is already cleared, does it make sense to pursue a serial killer out to kill other serial killers?? How is it that being on the run from the law you still get lab access for all the evidence you collect?? How is it that the main character doesn't even think of questioning the appearance of a character that seeks to drive his investigation and is obviously implicated??

What's with the pigeons and all that crap???

If someone out there did all the inane pixel hunts got a special ending and has any possible answers that don't involve government conspiracies, alien abductions and "it was you all along!" -kind of explanations I would be interested. Because I'm sure as hell not going to kick bums around and collect dead pigeons in the dark all over again...

Slug Camargo (583) on 6/22/2007 3:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, for one thing there's quite a bit to be explained in the hidden propaganda reports; reading those files might clear up a thing or two.

Then again, there has been said that they're building an entire Sin City-like universe in which they hope to tell a lot of stories that will intertwine and complement each other, so you're right about they intentionaly leaving certain info out.

Also, you're right about the fact that there are a lot -A LOT- of incosistencies and plain retarded devices in there too. That such a moron of a detective ever got himself a reputation doesn't speak well of the FBI... :P

Shoddyan (15004) on 6/22/2007 9:41 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. Von Katze wrote--] Also, you're right about the fact that there are a lot -A LOT- of incosistencies and plain retarded devices in there too. That such a moron of a detective ever got himself a reputation doesn't speak well of the FBI... :P [/Q --end Dr. Von Katze wrote--]

gee,.. I read this text and thought you were talking about Hopkins FBI. Strong warning for anyone wanting to make sense of that game :).