🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > The Dark Eye: Drakensang > What a disappointment

Daniel Saner (3503) on 9/9/2008 10:35 PM · Permalink · Report

What a disappointment this game is. It was about the only one I was looking forward to in the past 5 years, and it looked so good. Not to mention how much I loved the Realms of Arkania series.

But this thing here is just unplayable. It's inherently a 2D game, and the only thing besides eyecandy that the 3D perspective adds is making the game unplayable because of camera problems. You can't reach places you want to go, you don't see the monsters that are attacking you, you simply never see what you want to see. Not to mention the frequent sudden crashes. There's a huge and fantastic game beneath it all, but the interface does not let me reach it.

I have not played enough of the game to write a review. And to be honest I can not get myself to play it anymore right now. I'll probably still try to finish it because so much love went into this game, and I could not miss a DSA game. It could have been my game of the year, and it breaks my heart when I remember how passionate Mr. Beyreuther felt about his game during development. Content-wise it's all there. But everything else is such a failure that you can't even try to enjoy it. I would have liked to call this my new favourite, but unfortunately I cannot recommend it to anybody...

xroox (3895) on 9/10/2008 12:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Sorry to hear that :(

Indra was here (20755) on 10/8/2008 4:12 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Daniel Saner wrote--] Not to mention how much I loved the Realms of Arkania series. [/Q --end Daniel Saner wrote--]

Next post will spesifically mention: If you like this game [Realms of Arkania] then you will fakking absolutely like this game [mention here].

Please.

Slug Camargo (583) on 10/9/2008 2:19 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] [Q2 --start Daniel Saner wrote--] Not to mention how much I loved the Realms of Arkania series. [/Q2 --end Daniel Saner wrote--]

Next post will spesifically mention: If you like this game [Realms of Arkania] then you will fakking absolutely like this game [mention here].

Please. [/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] I have absolutely no idea what the hell RoA is.

There, I just ruined your prediction, Nostradamus. BWHAHahAHaHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA! >=D

That's what you get for badmouthing Prince of Persia.

Indra was here (20755) on 10/9/2008 7:15 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. Von Katze wrote--] [/Q2 --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] I have absolutely no idea what the hell RoA is.

There, I just ruined your prediction, Nostradamus. BWHAHahAHaHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA! >=D

That's what you get for badmouthing Prince of Persia. [/Q --end Dr. Von Katze wrote--]

Oh, up yours Martin.
No, on second thought, I take that back. I have to be nice to you so you'll introduce me to your wife and her friends one day. cough. :p

PoP. Aaaah...migranes....my pills...where are my dawg-gone pills...????