🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > News > 4,000 C64 games - & goodbye to valued contributors!

Simon Carless (1834) on 11/23/2014 10:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks to Karsa Orlong for pointing out that we've just shot past 4,000 games for the Commodore 64 - an impressive milestone! Looks like a lot of this is due to the powerhouse known as FatherJack going through missing games alphabetically - thanks to him and ALL who are contributing to the tally here!

Also, sad news - a couple of contributors have hung up their spurs. The artist sometimes known as joyvalley (and thf) has left the building, and as a #3 all-time contributor, we're incredibly appreciative for his work. The same is true for Top 10 all-time contributor MAT, who is also no longer hitting the submit button :/ Maybe we'll see them back in the future, but if not, we'd like to thank them for their tireless preservation of video game history!

[Final bonus news item - Kabushi has added the Coleco Adam & Camputers Lynx systems (!) as MobyGames platforms, yay as we try to complete our portfolio. You can add games, now and if you'd like to add tech specs, see this thread.]

Rola (8483) on 11/23/2014 10:06 PM · Permalink · Report

FatherJack added over 700 of these, that's a huge increase! Soon we'll overtake Lemon64...?

Sad to see such valuable people go... It's OK to go on indefinite leave of absence due to lack of time/energy, but I wish nobody would be ever leaving MG with hurt feelings...

Fred VT (25953) on 11/23/2014 10:20 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm with you. I may slow down or even not contribute for some periods of time, but officially leaving is a bit sad :/. I hope these valued contributors will get a change of heart...

Evil Ryu (66052) on 11/24/2014 2:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Really sad news... :-(

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 11/24/2014 4:18 AM · Permalink · Report

They'll be back. No one can leave for good. That's what I keep telling myself since I have at least 300 unentered games and always feel I need to get back into it.

Karsa Orlong (151834) on 11/24/2014 6:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Whatever the reason, both guys deserve full respect for a long time of contribution and approval activity and finally - retirement decision. All the best Joy and Mat.

Rola we will beat them soon, as I have around 20 world exclusive games not listed anywhere...if only I had the time :)

piltdown_man (236159) on 11/25/2014 6:09 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Excellent news on the C64 front, congratulations to all concerned.

However, for me the good news is overshadowed by losing joyvalley and MAT.
Joyvalley effectively mentored me when I started. I made every mistake you can think of, and a few more besides. Always patient and helpful, a great contributor and reviewer. Without his patience I would never have got past my first hundred points. We've exchanged many messages yet I never knew he was an artist.
MAT and I have been chasing each other up the rankings this year exchanging messages as we did so, he's been a big help to me too with my Japanese games.
I will miss them both and wish them all the best.

yenruoj_tsegnol_eht (!!ihsoy) (2599) on 12/3/2014 3:39 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start piltdown_man wrote--]I made every mistake you can think of, and a few more besides. Always patient and helpful, a great contributor and reviewer. Without his patience I would never have got past my first hundred points. We've exchanged many messages yet I never knew he was an artist.
[/Q --end piltdown_man wrote--]

I'll never forget my first thousand points here, likewise :))

I didn't know joyvalley was an artist, but I knew he was wise, since he very rarely spoke especially in public.

MAT was a fantastic approver and, by far more important, a good person. Just be back MAT, if you can hear me...

Игги Друге (46653) on 12/5/2014 1:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Both Joyvalley and MAT should be thanked for their tireless work. And, of course, piltdown_man.