🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > New Year's resolution - as it pertains to the site

Corn Popper (69027) on 1/1/2009 6:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Wondering if anyone sets goals for themselves as far as contributing to the site. Like making it to the 10,000 mark, so many games added to the site...

Admin/site goals I'd like to make:

• At least double the amount of new platforms we added over last year.
  • Get the correction queue to under 500 submissions, at least for a day lol - currently at 2270.
  • Bring online a proposed Moby Definition page by Mar.
  • Reach 500 fan for our Facebook page - currently at 135.
  • Work on getting more bugs fixed.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/1/2009 8:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Ability to review consoles...8)

Opipeuter (17206) on 1/1/2009 8:53 PM · Permalink · Report

• Complete the WonderSwan section(s).
    • Bug you about pet features I want :)

robotriot (9015) on 1/1/2009 8:53 PM · Permalink · Report

For me it's trying to get into the top 50 and have all the games added currently in my collection that are not yet on Mobygames. I think at least the latter part ought to be doable within the year :)

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 1/1/2009 9:08 PM · Permalink · Report

At least double the amount of new platforms we added over last year.

Huzzah!

Foxhack (32100) on 1/1/2009 9:25 PM · Permalink · Report

• Get Corn Popper to add the Famicom Disk System as a new platform
    • Add 100+ new games

Foxhack (32100) on 1/3/2009 8:06 AM · Permalink · Report

1 game down - Kyatto Ninden Teyandee (NES). Submitted 25-odd screenshots, tech info, product codes, and even the credits.

99 to go.

Havoc Crow (29859) on 1/2/2009 9:07 AM · Permalink · Report

• Get at least 10,000 points.
    • Finally enter all the MobyRanks and games I'm keeping

Klaster_1 (57612) on 1/2/2009 5:38 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

• Reach at least 16k points to beat Stratege (maybe three months will be enough?)
    • Make moar contributions in all directions, especially in what I'm not specialized
    • Enhance my english skills :)

Indra was here (20755) on 1/2/2009 10:04 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Smoke more cigarretes...er....that has nothing to do with MG.

coenak (3627) on 1/2/2009 11:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Mine is to submit screens for all the PS2 games I own.

Foxhack (32100) on 1/2/2009 11:41 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start coenak wrote--]Mine is to submit screens for all the PS2 games I own. [/Q --end coenak wrote--]Not if I get to mine first, bwahahahaha.

Indra was here (20755) on 1/3/2009 9:10 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

1. WIP back every credit submission without a credit shot or scanned manual shot;
    2. WIP back every review that is less than 10 sentences long;
    3. WIP back every review that says the game is good/bad but doesn't say why...which usually also qualifies for #2;
    4. WIP back trivia item that doesn't mention the source. Er, on second thought...maybe I'll just skip;
    5. WIP back every item I just submitted;
    6. WIP back every item Sciere just submitted;
    7. Hell, might as well WIP back every darn item each one of you just submitted. :p

Sciere (930490) on 1/3/2009 9:13 PM · Permalink · Report

You're insane! You can't WIP back your own items!

Kabushi (261212) on 1/3/2009 9:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Pulling is also a WIP ;)

DreinIX (10446) on 1/3/2009 9:51 PM · Permalink · Report

But feels less ruthless. :-)

chirinea (47495) on 1/5/2009 1:14 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

• Try to keep up with the other Brazilian guys in the top 50.
    • Hell, I could even race again with Pseudo, that was fun.
    • Finish contributing all Odyssey² games (and don't you dare helping me, they're all mine, MINE YOU HEAR?)
    • Approve more, I was lazy this last year.
    • Keep complaining about not having the new DJCTQ/Dejus rating fixed.
    • Keep begging for the Videopac+ G7400 to be added as a new platform.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/5/2009 1:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Hmm. Considering how jammed it's become since we added browser games, I think I'll shoot for approver this year. I can deal with some of the smaller platforms, (N-gage, Jaguar, 5200, 7800, Lynx, Game Gear, so on.) and take some of the work load off the other approvers. Now if only somebody would approve some of my stuff so I can get a 1000 points. ;)

Sciere (930490) on 1/5/2009 1:33 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Do you reckon you can approve the 12 pending Odyssey new game entries? I think you're most familiar with the platform.

chirinea (47495) on 1/5/2009 1:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I don't have access to the original Odyssey queue, only to the Odyssey²'s. The first Odyssey was never released in Brazil (well, it was, but in a non official way), so all my knowledge about it comes from the internet. But I guess you could add me to the queue.

Sciere (930490) on 1/5/2009 1:59 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh, I added you anyway =)

chirinea (47495) on 1/5/2009 2:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks =)

Depeche Mike (17455) on 1/5/2009 4:22 PM · Permalink · Report

My goal is to get back to submitting obscure old dos games and cut it out with all those stupid screenshots.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 1/5/2009 5:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Obscure old DOS games can yield a wealth of screenshots also 8)

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 1/6/2009 2:26 AM · Permalink · Report

Last year was a bit of a slow year for me (a pathetic 31 games added vs. 106 for 2007). I hope to get back on track this year. I presently own at least 120 games (cover art and all) that have no representation in the database yet (and 2 new games are sitting in the submission queue right now, so I'm off to a good start).

Another mini-project I want to do is an adjunct database to MobyGames that expands on the "missing games" lists I maintain at: http://multimedia.cx/mobygames/. The purpose of this database will be to allow easier maintenance for me and allow other people to do this same. (Yeah, I recognize that I could set up a throwaway wiki for the same purpose but I want to do this as a learning exercise that will work towards some other web projects I have slated.)

Opipeuter (17206) on 1/6/2009 4:48 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Multimedia Mike wrote--]Last year was a bit of a slow year for me (a pathetic 31 games added vs. 106 for 2007). I hope to get back on track this year. I presently own at least 120 games (cover art and all) that have no representation in the database yet (and 2 new games are sitting in the submission queue right now, so I'm off to a good start).

Another mini-project I want to do is an adjunct database to MobyGames that expands on the "missing games" lists I maintain at: http://multimedia.cx/mobygames/. The purpose of this database will be to allow easier maintenance for me and allow other people to do this same. (Yeah, I recognize that I could set up a throwaway wiki for the same purpose but I want to do this as a learning exercise that will work towards some other web projects I have slated.) [/Q --end Multimedia Mike wrote--]

Sounds good, I've found your lists most useful. They can be quite motivational.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 1/6/2009 6:00 AM · Permalink · Report

The lists add a useful kind of "stub" functionality the mobygames framework is missing.

Big John WV (26954) on 2/3/2009 5:17 AM · Permalink · Report

I meant to do this a while back, but forgot. My resolution is to have every game on the site to have a Mobyrank. It will be harder for some of the older games and browser games, but I'm trying to find sites for some of the older ones.