🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Release date for covermounts

Luis Silva (13443) on 3/12/2006 8:04 PM · Permalink · Report

With all requests about showing only the cover relative to a geographical area or owned by the user (which would led to link cover art to releases), I'm wondering if submitting game release date as covermount / newspaper collections would be acceptable. I know that proper commercial releases are acceptable, but know little about these. Also, if it's acceptable, what should be the publisher? The media group behind the magazine, the magazine themselves?

Martin Smith (81664) on 3/26/2006 11:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Publisher is the media group behind them. The exact date the magazine was released can be harder to get - a magazine with 'March 1990' on the cover probably hit the shelves in Februay 1990, perhaps even January.

Luis Silva (13443) on 3/28/2006 5:18 AM · Permalink · Report

That isn't a problem for newspaper collections, as they are released in an exact day (I can pinpoint the exact date my copies of Hind and 442 came out, for instance). I'll add a couple I'm dead sure about the release date to see how it goes.

chirinea (47495) on 4/5/2006 1:18 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm also interested on that. I've seen some covermount releases being mentioned in the trivia sections (I've even contributed one of those). Well, would it be better to submit it as new release data?

Martin Smith (81664) on 5/3/2006 3:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Add it as release info, and submit a correction for the trivia to be removed.

chirinea (47495) on 5/4/2006 10:20 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Martin Smith wrote--]Add it as release info, and submit a correction for the trivia to be removed. [/Q --end Martin Smith wrote--]

The problem is that, sometimes, I just don't have the exact date just the year, most of times. In the trivia section I can give the edition number instead of the date, but it can't be done in the release date section. I've been thinking about sending emails to the magazine publishers, so they can tell me when the magazine was first released.

Terok Nor (42013) on 5/5/2006 8:31 AM · Permalink · Report

Doesn't the previous issue of the magazine mention when the next one is due? German ones do. You can also mention the issue number in the release info, as a comment - which should be there anyway to indicate that this is a magazine release.

Игги Друге (46653) on 5/5/2006 5:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Just look in the preceding issue what the release date for the next issue is. Don't they do that in your country?

chirinea (47495) on 5/7/2006 7:21 AM · Permalink · Report

They don't do this here in Brazil, or at least, some magazines doesn't. Many of them come with the release month in the cover or inside cover, but it isn't the case for this magazine...