🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > What game is this?

Mike Stewart on 2/20/2007 5:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Betcha can't guess what game this is!

http://www.mobygames.com/images/i/30/04/361454

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 2/20/2007 6:07 AM · Permalink · Report

Looks like a Japanese survival horror game, judging from the style; my guess would be something along the lines of Clock Tower, Fatal Frame, Glass Rose, or whatever.

Weird, how is it possible to link directly to a screenshot without being able to view the game's main sheet?

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 2/20/2007 6:13 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn Lynx wrote--]Weird, how is it possible to link directly to a screenshot without being able to view the game's main sheet? [/Q --end Unicorn Lynx wrote--]

Easy; just view a screenshot, right-click on the image, and select to view the image. Copy and past the URL from the browser address bar as such:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/i/08/11/421261.jpeg

Since you have to copy and paste the above link, you directly request the file which gets around MobyGames' hotlink protection.

chirinea (47495) on 2/20/2007 8:33 AM · Permalink · Report

Ok, the obvious guess: Silent Hill?

Depeche Mike (17455) on 2/21/2007 2:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Is it Lula Flipper?

Indra was here (20755) on 2/21/2007 5:07 PM · Permalink · Report

God I hate Silent Hill. If they use a seemly innocent child and make them into scary sh3t darn it, they really know their horror. I avoided children for a couple of days after playing Silent Hill....

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 2/22/2007 12:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Try playing Sanitarium, you'll be avoiding children for months afterwards...

But to warn you, the game turns extremely not-creepy after a couple of chapters. Unlike Silent Hill (at least 1 and 2, haven't played the others), which is creepy all along.

Riamus (8480) on 2/22/2007 11:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Heh, I liked Sanitarium a lot, though I never finished it. (My fiancee did, though).

I still need to get a copy of SH for the PC to try it out and see if everything all of you are saying about it being a great horror game is accurate. :D

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 2/23/2007 2:32 AM · Permalink · Report

I'd skip SH and go straight for SH2 if I were you. SH2 has a much better story and much more satisfying combat.

I couldn't care less for SH3 and SH4, though.

Riamus (8480) on 2/24/2007 12:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, that's what I've heard as well. Now to find a copy (and talk myself into coughing up the money for it). ;)

D Michael (222) on 2/21/2007 2:38 AM · Permalink · Report

guessing fatal frame

Deadly Dudly (2232) on 2/21/2007 6:09 PM · Permalink · Report

Its Fahrenheit A.K.A Indigo Prophecy (i should know i took that shot!)

nullnullnull (1463) on 2/21/2007 7:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Indigo Prophecy

chirinea (47495) on 2/21/2007 11:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Damn, if only my joypad weren't malfunctioning, I could've kept playing that game and seen that scene...

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 2/23/2007 3:32 AM · Permalink · Report

Definitely Indigo Prophecy. I recognized it the instant I saw it.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 2/23/2007 12:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Its Fahrenheit :-). The fact that I arrived to late to get all the credit for my superior intellect is not important. Such a beautiful game, now I got all these strange urges to play the game again. And I stubbornly protest against the name Indigo Prophecy. Becausty, firstly it is such a stupid name, secondly its an european game and it`s european name is Fahrenheit, and thirdly Fahrenheit suits more closely to it on a symbolical poetic level (because of the winter and freezing and broken lives) and finally Indigo Prophecy is a censored American version of Fahrenheit. Censoring is pure evil, because it is mutilation of art. Similar thing happened to Final Fantasy 6, which was censored and released as Final Fantasy 3 in the U.S.

Deadly Dudly (2232) on 2/23/2007 5:03 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Winterwolf wrote--]Its Fahrenheit :-). The fact that I arrived to late to get all the credit for my superior intellect is not important. Such a beautiful game, now I got all these strange urges to play the game again. And I stubbornly protest against the name Indigo Prophecy. Becausty, firstly it is such a stupid name, secondly its an european game and it`s european name is Fahrenheit, and thirdly Fahrenheit suits more closely to it on a symbolical poetic level (because of the winter and freezing and broken lives) and finally Indigo Prophecy is a censored American version of Fahrenheit. Censoring is pure evil, because it is mutilation of art. Similar thing happened to Final Fantasy 6, which was censored and released as Final Fantasy 3 in the U.S. [/Q --end Winterwolf wrote--]

Nah you probably just enjoyed the sex scene too much! lol!

nullnullnull (1463) on 2/23/2007 6:26 PM · Permalink · Report

I really liked that game. Too bad the combat was lame. Basically simon says.

If the game had a bit of combat maybe turn/skill/equipment based ala KOTR or Jade Empire ( doesn't even have to be as complex or as good ) that game woulda blown the doors off of everything.

Slug Camargo (583) on 2/24/2007 1:21 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start flipkin wrote--]I really liked that game. Too bad the combat was lame. Basically simon says.

If the game had a bit of combat maybe turn/skill/equipment based ala KOTR or Jade Empire ( doesn't even have to be as complex or as good ) that game woulda blown the doors off of everything. [/Q --end flipkin wrote--] Every time people start talking about this game I'm surprised everyone complains about this or that, but noone mentions the incredibly painful nosedive the story takes towards the last 15 minutes of game or so. I mean, it starts mysterious and intriguing, with a lot of attention to the characters' personal lives, reaching some genuinely touching points, then it develops into some sort of regular horror with lots of cliches and some lame conspiracy theorizing thrown into the mix, and then the "other faction" shows up and the whole thing breaks down into the most ridiculously stupid thing ever written. The story was SO promising during the first half of the game I got honestly furious when it ended up like it did. Way to drop the ball there.

Marko Poutiainen (1151) on 3/3/2007 12:48 PM · Permalink · Report

That stupid minigame you had to perform every once in a while was what killed it for me. They were just way too long. To get a small boost to your morale in the beginning you have to play the guitar for ever and not make too many mistakes, for instance.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 2/23/2007 10:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Deadly Dudly wrote--]

Nah you probably just enjoyed the sex scene too much! lol! [/Q --end Deadly Dudly wrote--] That`s exactly what I´m talking about. Crime against gamers everywhere for cutting that out. That scene with Carla worked for body and soul.

Slug Camargo (583) on 2/24/2007 1:10 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Mike Stewart wrote--]Betcha can't guess what game this is!

http://www.mobygames.com/images/i/30/04/361454 [/Q --end Mike Stewart wrote--] That's Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy!!! Did I win something?

Oh, I just noticed the thread is 3 days old, I guess everyone already beat me to it, nevermind...

tarmo888 (5258) on 2/25/2007 1:18 AM · Permalink · Report

cool

after seeing this post, it reminded me gamerankings.com "Name the Game" (i can't find it anymore, maybe they removed it), so ...

feature suggestion: screenshot (and thumbnail) paths at mobygames doesn't give any hints about a name of the game, so maybe little built-in time wasting game for mobygames in the future?

if somebody haven't seen gamerankings.com "name the game" then... random screenshots is displayed and user must choose right answer from possible game list, after that right name (for last screenshot) with new random screenshot is shown... and so on

not for point hunting, just time waster.

Riamus (8480) on 2/28/2007 9:59 PM · Permalink · Report

We did this for awhile on the forums, but it didn't last too long before people stopped playing. :(