Forums > Off Topic > while roaming about Google Search

click here to win an iPhone9SSSS (2261) on 2/25/2015 9:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I happened on something. The Triangle Galaxy. Its distance from us is more than 2,5 million light years. But, more interesting, it includes 40 billion stars. Now, the Sun is even small, to be a star (but it's much larger than the Earth). 40 billion stars.

It justs makes me feel my feelings about the size of our concerns are right...

We should imagine to look at our problems, and also achievements, things we feel as wins and defeats, as if our standpoint was in that galaxy.Oooops, they just turned all invisible!; perhaps because they/we are nothing...

just wanted to post it somewhere, and happened to choose this place. Should this trespass any rule, remove it...

Alex Z (1856) on 2/26/2015 4:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Monty Python would agree.

FatherJack (61785) on 2/26/2015 6:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Great song from a great film.

Nélio (1976) on 2/27/2015 3:04 PM · Permalink · Report

You don't have to look so far. Our own galaxy, the Milky Way, has more than 100 billion stars.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 5/24/2015 12:39 PM · Permalink · Report

I think even just an extraterrestrial look back down would be a good start.

Can't remember who it was exactly, but there's this quote by one ISS astronaut along the lines of: "I truly believe that if I could've taken every person in the world up there with me, just to see what I've seen, the world could very possibly be a different place."