Official Description (Ad Blurb)
Kynseed is a sandbox life sim RPG brought to you by developers who worked on the Fable series for Lionhead Studios.
Live your life in a quirky world where everyone ages and dies, including your pets! Take control of the mystical Kynseed and grow your family legacy over generations as you pass your skills and powers down to your children.
- Run a business such as a blacksmith, tavern, apothecary, or goods store.
- Go adventuring in dangerous regions and battle dark faery tale creatures.
- Farm your land to create various ingredients that you'll come to rely on.
- Develop relationships with NPC’s who have their own lives and who will remember your deeds, actions, and pranks!
- Find proverbs to unlock the secrets of this mysterious dark faery tale world.
- Gather materials to create items, craft beers, or mix cures for a range of bizarre maladies.
- Buy strange artifacts from the mysterious Mr Fairweather - items which can aid your chores, help you in combat, or just let you mess with the world. But be warned of his life tax, for each item must be paid with years from your life!
In Kynseed, live your lives the way you choose in a lovingly handcrafted 2D open world.
## ABOUT PIXELCOUNT STUDIOS
We are a team of three little pigs named Neal, Charlie, and Matt who are building a brick house to keep the wolf from the door. With over 30 years of collective experience developing the Fable series and its community, we hope to infuse our games with the same charm, eccentricity, and humour that permeated Lionhead’s games.
Using our experiences from Lionhead, we’re working hard to make Kynseed the sort of game we’d always wished had been made. To help us on this journey, we’ll be calling upon the PixelCount community to give feedback, guidance, and ego boosts. Mainly the latter, if we’re being honest.
Ultimately, we want to always be accessible and honest with the players and never feed them a company line. So, for better or worse, you can expect us to talk to the press and our community with the same honesty and candor as a coworker: with plenty of cursing and sarcasm.
Source: Steam Store Description
Credits (Windows version)
39 People (34 developers, 5 thanks) · View all
|Music (Early Access)
|Music (Full Version)
|Additional Concept Art
|Resident Pig Doodler
|Extra Special Thanks for extra contributions
|Extra Special Thanks to
|Pixel fonts from
|[ full credits ]
Average score: 85% (based on 7 ratings)
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history! If your contribution is approved, you will earn points and be credited as a contributor.
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Sciere.
Game added November 17, 2018. Last modified September 23, 2023.