This release combines the original game Anno 1602: Creation of a New World
and its German-only add-on Anno 1602: Erschaffung einer neuen Welt - Neue Inseln, Neue Abenteuer
- "Anno 1602: Erschaffung einer neuen Welt - Königs-Edition" -- German title
- "Anno 1602: Creation of a New World - Gold Edition" -- European title
- "Anno 1602: A la Conquête d'un Nouveau Monde - Version Gold" -- French title
- "Anno 1602 A.D." -- GOG.com title
- "1602 A.D.: Discover, Build and Rule your Own New World" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
The independent freeware title 0 A.D
was inspired by 1602 A.D.
There is a screensaver that will activate if you leave the game inactive for too long. It shows a beach with a hammock and the tide coming in. Also the sound of the tide is in the background. It was bug-pestered: the game would continue to run even when the screensaver was active - you would go to dinner, thinking everything was fine, coming back, moving the mouse and - getting the "game over" video. All in all, it really took some patches to make this game work properly. Being able to build on water was only one thing...Additional information contributed by
Aaron A. and
Related Web Sites
(974) added 1602 A.D.
(Windows) on Aug 30, 2000