Description official descriptions
When a villain known only as Mr. Dark appears, trouble brews in Rayman's world. Mr. Dark captures the Toons - source of light and Rayman's friends. With no more light, evil creatures begin to roam, making the world unsafe for everyone. It’s up to you, as Rayman, to free your friends and put an end to Mr. Dark's dastardly schemes!
Rayman is a side-scrolling platformer starring the titular Rayman, a big-nosed chap with no arms or legs. Rayman can jump and use his hair to hover for a short period of time. He can also attack by throwing his fists, or winding up his fists for a more powerful punch. He can occasionally find special power ups that grant him unlimited flying power, giving him the ability to navigate through tricky mazes.
- レイマン - Japanese spelling
- 雷曼 - Chinese spelling (simplified)
See any errors or missing info for this game?
You can submit a correction, contribute trivia, add to a game group, add a related site or alternate title.
Credits (DOS version)
83 People (82 developers, 1 thanks) · View all
|[ full credits ]|
A SEGA 32X port was going to be released, but got cancelled due to the platform's declining popularity. A 3DO version was also planned as well, but cancelled due to technical issues.
Rayman has the record for number of weeks on the UK all-formats top 40 chart with 261 weeks. That's more than five years.
- Rayman has no joints, he just has a head, body, hands and feet. The reason for this is that it was much easier to animate him that way.
- The DOS and Windows versions stored the opening and ending animations in a very unusual format: the video is completely separate from the audio. The audio for the animations is on the CD as CD Audio tracks. So in order to watch the intro and ending, a full install of the game is necessary, since a CD-ROM drive can not access data and audio tracks at the same time.
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
- September 1995 (Issue 74) - Game of the Month (Playstation version)
- Game Players
- 1995 Holiday Edition (Vol.8, No.13) - Best Jaguar Game of the Year
Information also contributed by Big John WV, Kabushi, Qlberts, samsam12 and Satoshi Kunsai.
Related Sites +
Info about rayman and sonic
Information about Rayman at Wikipedia
- MobyGames ID: 2247
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Andrew Hartnett.
Wii U added by mars_rulez. PS Vita added by GTramp. Game Boy Advance added by Kartanym. iPad, iPhone, Android added by Sciere. PSP, PlayStation 3 added by Foxhack. Windows Mobile added by Kabushi. PlayStation added by Adam Baratz. SEGA Saturn added by Terok Nor. Nintendo DSi added by Ben K. Jaguar added by quizzley7.
Additional contributors: Kartanym, Unicorn Lynx, Jony Shahar, Sciere, Alaka, Kabushi, ケヴィン, DreinIX, Cantillon, Patrick Bregger, Roberth Martinez.
Last modified March 13th, 2023.