Jump Start Pre-K follows (in age-range) and builds on the skills learned in Jump Start Preschool in Knowledge Adventure's lineup of learning games created for each grade and age-group.
In this game for the 3 - 5 year old, the player is taken to the colorful main page: a town map full of clickable icons leading to activities and song. Each activity begins at the easiest level, and can be adjusted manually, or the game will automatically adjust as the player responds with correct answers. All actions are point and click and there are many clickable places on the map and in each area that produce animations. As the player progresses through an area, correct answers will earn him stars, and four stars give him a chance to pick an object (trees, playground equipment, characters) to place in the town park named for him. The areas to explore are:
- Carousel - Clicking the number on the carousel that matches the number of balloons the mouse holds lets the mouse climb aboard
- Bakery - the player follows verbal and pictured instruction to connect frosting dots on a cake
- Airport - using onscreen arrows or the arrow keys, the player moves a plane up and down on a scrolling screen, flying through clouds with shapes that do not match a pictured shape. In free play mode, clicking the paint bucket allows the player to decorate the skies with color or patterns
- Fire Station - a memory game; the player turns over objects around the station to reveal pictures and make a match
- Diner - Kisha sets out food in an ordered row (dark to light, full to empty) and then mixes it up; the player must put it back into the same order
- Barbershop - a musical matching game with similarities to Simon; the player matches a sequence of shapes which in turn cause the barbershop septet to sound off a short tune
- Clothing Store - the player must put together a letter jigsaw to be "ironed" onto a t-shirt; the T-shirts can then be printed as coloring pages
- Toy Shop - the player builds the toy shown on the right by choosing parts from the shelves; one click attaches the part, and wrong parts must be clicked again to remove before the toy reaches the end of the conveyor belt
- Construction Site - the player loads up a truck before it enters a tunnel by clicking on objects that match a given one
- Park - As the player wins stars for correct answers in the activities, four stars will allow him to choose objects to arrange in the park
On the bottom left of the screen is a blue notebook icon where parents can access a progress report showing the percentages of correct and attempted answers for each skill covered. The focus of this game is on decision-making and problem-solving as well as beginning to learn letters, shapes, colors and numbers. In addition to the game content, the songs on the disc can be played in any audio CD player, beginning from track 2.
Credits (Windows version)
36 People (35 developers, 1 thanks) · View all
|Synthesizer Music Artist
|Songs Co-Written & Performed by
|Songs Co-Written & Recorded by
|Songs Co-Written & Recorded at
|[ full credits ]
Average score: 3.7 out of 5 (based on 1 ratings with 0 reviews)
Be the first to review this game!
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history! If your contribution is approved, you will earn points and be credited as a contributor.
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by DJP Mom.
Additional contributors: Sciere.
Game added July 15, 2008. Last modified March 9, 2023.