Metal Slug X
Description official descriptions
Metal Slug X is an enhanced version of Metal Slug 2: Super Vehicle - 001/II. The main differences to the original release include:
- Additional weapons: Stones, Iron Lizard, Enemy Chaser, Super Grenade, and Drop Shot.
- Additional power-ups, items, and prisoners in most of the levels.
- Additional times of the day: stages can take place at twilight, sunset, or dusk.
- Some of the locations and vehicles in the game have been altered.
- Increased enemy count. Some of the enemies' placement has been changed.
- Many weapons have a stronger explosive force. Explosions yield more unexpected results.
- The soundtrack has been re-mixed.
- メタルスラッグX - Japanese spelling
Credits (Arcade version)
|Planning (Enemy Sequence)|
|Programming (System Modernize)|
|Programming (Enemy's Brain)|
Metal Slug team member Fio is missing on the cover art of the U.S. and European versions. She's on the Japanese cover art, though.
In the German PlayStation version, the blood is white by default.
The main villain is based on Saddam Hussein and his symbol is based on the swastika of the Nazis.
Information also contributed by Satoshi Kunsai and Tiago Jacques
Related Sites +
Metal Slug Database
Metal Slug series' fan site with detailed information
- MobyGames ID: 4048
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Satoshi Kunsai.
PS Vita added by Fred VT. PSP, PlayStation 3 added by Charly2.0. Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch added by mars_rulez. Arcade added by 666gonzo666. Wii added by yenruoj_tsegnol_eht (!!ihsoy). Windows Apps added by Kennyannydenny. Gloud added by firefang9212. Browser, Blacknut, Android, iPhone, iPad added by Sciere. Macintosh, Linux added by Foxhack. Antstream, Windows added by lights out party. Neo Geo added by Katakis | カタキス.
Additional contributors: Matthew Bailey, Corn Popper, Sciere, Patrick Bregger, Rik Hideto.
Game added May 10th, 2001. Last modified March 9th, 2023.