Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
This version of Minecraft is adapted for a console environment on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Just like the original game it offers a sandbox-like world where players can build their own worlds with blocks of different materials. Although there are number of differences and missing features compared to the PC version, largely it is identical. Players are free to explore, build, craft, fight and can set their own goals in a creative mode with no restrictions or danger, or in survival mode where enemies can attack you and your creations.
Special to this edition is a tutorial mode. The crafting system has been simplified. Blocks do not have to be placed correctly in the crafting grid. Instead, it shows the blocks required to craft a selected item and then creates it if the needed blocks are available. Up to four players can join a game in local split-screen and this can be played as an 8-player multiplayer game. The difficulty level cannot be changed while inside a world, but only before starting it.
The Xbox 360 and PS3 version are largely identical in gameplay. The largest difference is in the selection of skin and texture packs as DLC. Some of these are only available for a specific platform.
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Armour / weapon deterioration
- Gameplay feature: Blacksmithing
- Gameplay feature: Botany, farming, gardening
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Freely destructible terrain
- Gameplay feature: Horse riding
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Gameplay feature: Optional permadeath / permanent death
- Gameplay feature: Survival cooking
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Genre: Wilderness Survival
- Minecraft series
- Visual technique / style: Voxel graphics
Credits (Xbox 360 version)
220 People (186 developers, 34 thanks) · View all
|Original Design by|
|Original Code by|
|Project Manager / Producer|
|Lead Game Programmers Minecraft PC|
|Director of Fun|
|White Collar Worker|
|Designer Minecraft - Pocket Edition|
|Programmer Minecraft - Pocket Edition|
|Number Crunching and Statistics|
|Music and Sounds||
|[ full credits ]|
- GameStar (Germany) / GamePro (Germany)
- 2012 - #3 Best Adventure Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2012 - #10 Best Console Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- MobyGames ID: 57931
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Sciere.
Additional contributors: Patrick Bregger.
Last modified March 12th, 2023.