MicroWINGS Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) Scenery
Description official description
MicroWINGS Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) Scenery is an add-on pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator that was supplied free to all MicroWINGS members, they only had to pay for shipping and handling.
It covers the entire Dallas-Ft. Worth area as defined by the VFR Terminal Area Chart of the time, giving a claimed area of 6,958 square miles. When installed it creates a new scenery library and provides over sixty runways, some airports have several runways while others have none, and other Texas landmarks.
The main features, as described in the product documentation, are:* Access to current weather information for the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) area
- Automatic terminal information service (ATIS) and Common Traffic Advisory Fequency (CTAF) frequencies for all airports
- It includes Cowboy VOR/DME - a navigation aid that was set up in 1995 and is therefore not included in Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Buildings: In addition to generic buildings that line the freeways the developers have included many notable landmarks, over forty are listed in the documentation
- New roads lakes and rivers have been added
- City boundaries have been defined
- There are also sixteen features described as 'easter eggs'
Credits (DOS version)
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history! If your contribution is approved, you will earn points and be credited as a contributor.
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by piltdown_man.
Game added September 13, 2016. Last modified January 25, 2024.