missing cover art
DescriptionThe demo version of Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty contains only one mission - a modified version of the fifth mission in the full game, called "Guess Who's Coming Tonight". The premise and the layout of the mission remain the same: four the commandos (Green Beret, Sniper, Driver, and Spy) are tasked with capturing colonel Wilhelm Von Below in order to prevent him from uncovering the conspiracy against Adolf Hitler, but without sounding the alarm within the Wolfsschanze compound.
At least two versions of this demo exist: one with a fully voiced briefing, and one without.
These are the differences from the final version of the mission:
- the commandos still have their voiceovers from Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
- the briefing's narration is altered, has a different background music track, and has a Behind Enemy Lines-styled map showing the mission's location
- the mission's number is set to 1 instead of 5
- a patrol guard type specific to Beyond the Call of Duty is replaced with an existing one
- only certain weapons and items new to Beyond the Call of Duty are added: stones and cigarette packs (all commandos), handcuffs (Green Beret and Spy), rifle (Driver)
- the handcuffs function differently - since no commando can knock an enemy down without killing him in the demo, handcuffs instantly incapacitate the target
- positioning of certain items in the commandos' knapsacks is different
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.