Not an American user?
DescriptionIn the first part of this trilogy, Brandon, soon to be a king and only heir to the throne, determined to stop the evil jester Malcolm. Now, Kyrandia is disappearing. The high council found the cure for that - the anchor from the center of the world. When the young sorceress Zanthia comes to that anchor, she realizes it is not the answer. Her friend Marco is in possession of a giant hand, and it looks like that hand is responsible for the sabotage. Now, Zanthia must save Kyrandia before everything else vanishes without a trace.
Hand of Fate is the second installment in the Kyrandia series. The gameplay is similar to that of the previous game. Interaction is possible only with highlighted objects on the screen, and is reduced to a single cursor, without the distinction of separate commands. There are also no branching dialogues. Many of the puzzles involve picking up ingredients and concocting magic spells out of them.
- "The Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate (Book Two)" -- GOG.com release title
- "The Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate" -- informal title
- "Kyrandia II: The Hand of Fate" -- FM Towns / PC-98 title
- "Kyrandia 2" -- Informal title
- "キランディアII 運命の手" -- Japanese spelling
- "Fables & Fiends: The Legend of Kyrandia - Hand of Fate: Book Two" -- Post-trilogy title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: "Simon says"
- Gameplay feature: Tower of Hanoi puzzle
- Legend of Kyrandia series
- Protagonist: Female
- Sound engine: AIL/Miles Sound System
- White Label releases
|Worthy of a place amongst the adventure game greats||DOS||Infernos (31453)|
|The weakest of the Kyrandia series||DOS||OceansDaughter (109)|
|Save the world from the walking glove!||DOS||Robert Pragt (29)|
|Uniquely Wonderful||DOS||Tom Ryan (2)|
|Adventure Advocate||DOS||Feb 01, 2006||100|
|Jeuxvideo.com||DOS||Sep 23, 2011||19 out of 20||95|
|Top Secret||DOS||Apr, 1994||9 out of 10||90|
|GameTrip.net||DOS||Sep 30, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|La Aventura es la Aventura||DOS||Oct 18, 2006||88 out of 100||88|
|Play Time||DOS||Jan, 1994||88 out of 100||88|
|Adventure Gamers||DOS||Oct 14, 2005||80|
|MikroBitti||DOS||Mar, 1994||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||DOS||Dec, 1993||79 out of 100||79|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Malcolm characterThe Legend of Kyrandia series consists of three installments and unlike many adventure games' sequels they are connected mostly by the Kyrandia land and the life of its inhabitants. The main antagonist, Malcolm, who was defeated in the first part, does not make any substantial appearance in Hand of Fate. The second installment is a sort of a side-track story in which player impersonates into mystic woman Zanthia whose main task is to figure out what is happening with Kyrandia. Malcolm (or rather his stone statue) appears only in the end sequence suggesting that the third installment was on its way.
- After Zanthia meets the Hand on the rainbow bridge, the costume she changes into is the same one worn by Sylvester Stallone in Rambo.
- It has been suggested over on Wikipedia that the game's unusual title may well be a reference to the notorious cult movie (much-beloved of MST3K) Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966).
Version differencesThe game was also released on CD-ROM. This version has full speech throughout the game, although the game is similar to the earlier disk release.
Polish versionCD version of "Hand of Fate" is one of the first names that was fully translated into Polish including voice acting. The version of the game was distributed by IPS Computer Group and was reviewed in Secret Service 18 (November 1994).
Information also contributed by OceansDaughter and Pseudo_Intellectual
Related Web Sites
DOS Credits (100 people)
99 developers, 1 thanks
Graphics / Artwork:
Elie Arabian, Cary Dean Averett, Louis J. Castle, Fei Cheng, Cindy D. Chinn, Cameron Chun, Joseph B. Hewitt IV, Lenny Lee, Jack Martin, Frank Mendeola, Ferby Miguel, Larry Miller, Gerald Moore, Ren Olsen, Rick Parks, Judith Peterson, Louise SandovalMusic: