DescriptionThe tenth installment of Might and Magic series, Legacy is a tribute to its older episodes (from 1 to 5), and is particularly similar to World of Xeen games. While Legacy is set in the world of Ashan, which is the same we've seen in Might and Magic: Heroes VI, the action takes place in an unexplored area: the Agyn Peninsula, a few years after the events depicted in Might and Magic: Heroes VI. The Colony of Agyn, once a proud member of the Holy Falcon Empire, is now considering secession. You play a group of four adventurers starting in the city of Sorpigal. The adventurers are there to fulfill the last will of their defunct mentor: bring back his ashes to the temple of his birth city.
In the tradition of the older episodes Legacy features grid-based movement and turn-based combat. The graphics however are more modern, and many elements from the late episodes such as the skill system are present. The characters can be user-defined (you can choose from four races, three classes per race), randomly generated, or you can use the default predefined group.
Part of the Following Groups
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Game Engine: Unity
- Might and Magic series
- Might and Magic universe
- Steam Early Access games
There are no reviews for this game.
|Lazygamer||Windows||Jan 23, 2014||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Eurogamer.nl||Windows||Feb 10, 2014||7 out of 10||70|
|Eurogamer.de||Windows||Jan 23, 2014||7 out of 10||70|
|Nivelul2||Windows||Mar 23, 2014||7 out of 10||70|
|RPGamer||Windows||Mar 12, 2014||3.5 out of 5||70|
|Eurogamer.it||Windows||Jan 27, 2014||7 out of 10||70|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Windows||Jan 23, 2014||7 out of 10||70|
|VentureBeat / Gamesbeat||Windows||Jan 23, 2014||65 out of 100||65|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Windows||Feb 07, 2014||60 out of 100||60|
|GameOn||Windows||Jan 23, 2014||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
References and Easter Eggs
- The logo of New World Computing can be spotted on the book the narrator is reading during the introduction movie.
- The game begins in a small town called Sorpigal-by-the-Sea. Might & Magic I started in a town called Sorpigal, while Might & Magic VI started in New Sorpigal.
- It is possible to find poems that make reference to the previous nine games in the series. The poems are written by a "Lord Caneghem", which is of course a nod to Might & Magic creator Jon van Caneghem.
- In the house of Edwin the astronomer in Seahaven, it is possible to see a drawing of the Isles of Terra.
- The character Jassad you meet in Sorpigal-by-the-Sea originally appeared in the Might & Magic novels (The Dreamwright and The Shadowsmith) written by Geary Gravel in 1995.