DescriptionThe Wolf Among Us is a five-part adventure game series based on the Fables comic book series by Bill Willingham. The game is canon with the comic book universe and is set in the 1980s, thirty years before the first comic book. It describes an alternate version of our world where characters of our fairy tales and fables live in a separate world known as the Homelands ruled by a tyrant known as the Adversary. There are some who have fled the world, referred to as Fables, who has established a colony in the human world known as Fabletown, located in Manhattan in the USA. They have to hide their presence from the humans by taking on a human form through an enchantment known as glamour. When Fables refuse to take it or cannot afford it, they are sent to a rural community known as The Farm. In the game the player controls Bigby Wolf, the reformed Big Bad Wolf who has now become sherriff of Fabletown. His task is to make sure the residents follow the laws. The game is filled with references and characters from famous fables such as Snow White, Beauty, Beast, Mr. Toad, Bluebeard, The Little Mermaid and Woodsman, but often with a grim attitude while most of the game has a noir, hardboiled atmosphere.
On the PC the episodes were not released separately but only as a single season pack. The Xbox 360, PS3 and iOS versions offer the first episode as a separate purchase. The other four can then be bought separately (PS3/Xbox 360) or in a pack through a season pass (Xbox 360) or Multi-Pack (iOS). There is also a free trial version available with just the first act of the first episode for the Xbox 360 and PS3. For the PS3 all five episodes are also available as a single purchase through the season pass version. Both Xbox 360 and PS3 received a compilation release afterwards bundling all episodes. For the PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One, this is the first release of the game on the platform.
Each episode consists of six chapters. The five episodes are:
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1 - Faith
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 - Smoke and Mirrors
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 3 - A Crooked Mile
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 4 - In Sheep's Clothing
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 5 - Cry Wolf
- "The Wolf Among Us: Season Pass" -- PS3 title
Part of the Following Groups
- DC comics licensees
- Distribution Method: Episodic
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- Inspiration: Comics
- Setting: City - New York
- The Wolf Among Us series
- Visual technique / style: Cel shaded
There are no reviews for this game.
|4Players.de||Nov 14, 2014||81 out of 100||81|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- The Game Awards
- 2014 — Best Narrative — Nominated
- 2014 — Best Performance: Adam Harrington as Bigby Wolf — Nominated
Related Web Sites
- TrueAchievements achievement guide (The TrueAchievements achievement guide for The Wolf Among Us)
- Wikipedia: The Wolf Among Us (Article about the game in the open encyclopedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.