DescriptionTeaching-you: 31 Languages Of The World is an educational title that aims to teach travellers a basic vocabulary of five thousand words or so in each language. It does this with the aid of it's 'Immersion Environments' which contain various learning aids including games. The games are present for each language and include;
- Crosswords: These are simple crosswords around ten words. They are not numbered, the player clicks on the grid to see the clue for that word which is usually in the form of a sentence with a missing word. The game has options to show the English translation of the sentence, verify the answer and have a free letter placed in the grid as an aid. Along with each sentence an appropriate photograph is displayed
- Vocabulous!: This also shows the player a sentence in the target language with a missing word that the player must enter, however unlike the crossword game the player has no idea how long the word is or what letters may be in it. As an aid they do have a full English translation of both the sentence and the missing word
- Unscramble: The player is shown a sentence in the target language which has been scrambled and it's English translation. The player must drag and drop the foreign words into the correct order, as they are placed they change colour from their initial red to black.
- Plug-n-Play: The player is shown some phrases in the target language which are incomplete, the task is to drag and drop the missing words from a pick list to fill the gaps
- Graffiti: This is a word puzzle game in which the player must complete an entire sentence in the target language letter by letter
The languages taught in this product are Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Canadian French, Chinese, Dutch, English for Spanish Speakers, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Yiddish and Zulu. Several of these languages are transliterated, i.e. they use a different alphabet so the product uses the closest corresponding letters of the English alphabet.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Original Text by: