Not an American user?
DescriptionTrack & Field is a sports game that allows the player to have an experience based around the Summer Olympic Games. Events include the 100 meter dash, the hammer throw, the javelin throw, the long jump, the high jump and the 110 meter hurdles.
The MSX version replaces the hurdles with a 400 meter dash.
The Famicom version loses the hammer throw and the high jump, but the NES version restores the high jump while adding skeet shooting, the triple jump and archery as events. The NES version also keeps the 110 meter hurdles and forgoes the 400 meter dash.
If the player wants to go to the next event or round then they will have to qualify, by beating increasingly difficult maximum times or minimum distances. This game contains a two player option, in which the players take it in turns.
- "Track & Field in Barcelona" -- European title
- "Track & Field 1" -- MSX in-game title
- "アーケードアーカイブス TRACK & FIELD" -- Japanese Nintendo Switch / PS4 spelling
- "Track and Field" -- Atari 2600/8-bit in-game title
- "ハイパーオリンピックI" -- Japanese Kanji title for Hyper Olympic edition
- "Hyper Olympic: Gentai Ban!" -- Japanese title
- "Hyper Olympic 1" -- re-release for the Los Angeles Olympic Games 1984
- "Arcade Archives: Track & Field" -- Nintendo Switch / PS4 title
Part of the Following Groups
- Arcade Archives series
- Console Generation Exclusives: Xbox 360
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Theme: Olympics
- Track & Field series
There are no reviews for this game.
|The Atari Times||Atari 2600||Aug 14, 2007||95 out of 100||95|
|The Video Game Critic||Atari 2600||Aug 10, 2012||B+||83|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Xbox 360||Aug 09, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|NES Times||NES||Aug 21, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Classic-games.net||NES||Dec 31, 2018||7 out of 10||70|
|Ultimate Nintendo: Guide to the NES Library||NES||2016||70|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Jan, 1988||61 out of 100||61|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Oct, 1987||5 out of 10||50|
|Power Play||Commodore 64||1987||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.