🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > The Longest Journey > remake?

hvrsd hvrsd (1) on 7/5/2007 1:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Do you think this game will ever be remade? Possibly to the standards of "Dreamfall" or better?

Sciere (930490) on 7/5/2007 1:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It's too young and too good to be remade, but Funcom is going to make the next game an episodic series, Dreamfall Chapters.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 7/5/2007 5:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Did they already decide that? Do you know if they'll release it for Xbox as well?

Because Dreamfall plays and looks way better on Xbox than on PC, no comparison.

The Longest Journey doesn't need a remake, IMHO.

Slug Camargo (583) on 7/5/2007 7:41 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start 奥立克 wrote--] Because Dreamfall plays and looks way better on Xbox than on PC, no comparison. [/Q --end 奥立克 wrote--] And why is that? I can understand it looking "better" because the image on a tv helps hiding graphical nasties better than any FSAA, but does it really play better? How so? Does the fighting system blow any less on the Xbox?

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 7/6/2007 6:09 PM · Permalink · Report

Does the fighting system blow any less on the Xbox?

Yes, it blows less. It's still not that great, mind you, but it's way better than the ridiculous PC version fighting.

Other controls are also much better done, very intuitive on the Xbox, and very counter-intuitive on PC.

Some games do look and play much better on PC than Xbox, for example:

• Morrowind
  • GTA: San Andreas
    Some look and play much better on Xbox than PC, for example:
  • Indigo Prophecy
  • Psychonauts
  • Dreamfall
    Some look and play very well on both, for example:
  • Knights of the Old Republic

St. Martyne (3648) on 7/9/2007 12:33 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] Some look and play much better on Xbox than PC, for example:

• Indigo Prophecy
  • Psychonauts
  • Dreamfall
    [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] With a proper gamepad for PC playing those games on both PC and XBOX will be the same. Well, maybe a bit prettier on PC.

Zovni (10504) on 7/10/2007 1:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah I didn't understand that either. You do know you can hook up gamepads to your pc don't you Oleg? You can even use the Xbox360 pad.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 7/10/2007 6:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, but it's like hooking up mouse and keyboard to consoles. Games that are developed for PC should take advantage of the mouse/keyboard controls, they are one of the reasons that make playing PC games a different experience. If I need a gamepad to enjoy a game properly on PC, I'd simply play it on a console, sitting back on the sofa and looking at a large TV screen.

"Dreamfall" plays awfully with mouse and keyboard, even looking around is done in an awkward way. On the other hand, look how much better GTA games play on PC than on consoles. Because they added a real mouse support, so that you don't use the stupid auto-targeting any more and can aim with the mouse.

Zovni (10504) on 7/10/2007 6:12 PM · Permalink · Report

That's a lot of words to cover up the fact that you don't own a simple usb gamepad :))

Sciere (930490) on 7/10/2007 6:15 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I can play any game better using a keyboard and mouse. Even in 2007, there are PC ports where the controls setup shows the PS2's square, circle, triangle, etc. buttons. They can at least do a little effort.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 7/11/2007 5:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Look, let's not start another PC/console war, because I don't "defend" consoles or "attack" PC. PC has plenty of advantages, but consoles have them too. Face this fact, even if you hate those boxes :)

chirinea (47495) on 7/10/2007 6:18 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]If I need a gamepad to enjoy a game properly on PC, I'd simply play it on a console, sitting back on the sofa and looking at a large TV screen. [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]And loosing a lot of resolution which a monitor could provide and a regular TV couldn't (unless you have an HDTV, which isn't my case). I don't know Oleg, I guess I agree with Zovni on this, heh.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 7/11/2007 5:38 PM · Permalink · Report

But your TV is certainly bigger than your monitor, isn't it?

chirinea (47495) on 7/11/2007 6:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, now that I'm living with my parents, yes. Back when I lived alone, my 17" monitor was bigger than my 14" TV. Here at my parents' the TV is 29", but I don't know if I would trade those extra inches for more than the double of resolution. Anyway, it is probably a matter of taste.

Sciere (930490) on 7/5/2007 7:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

With digital distribution in mind (they won't do offline game anymore in the future because they're fed up with piracy, unless they can use online verification that it is a legit version), PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 are certainly possible, Wii is unlikely.