DescriptionFive years after The Destroyer was vanquished, a new valuable mineral known as Eridian was discovered in the crust of the planet Pandora. The powerful Hyperion Corporation, led by Handsome Jack, secured a moon base and eventually occupied the entire planet, depriving it of Eridian. One day, four vault hunters fall into a trap prepared by Jack, but are rescued by a ClapTrap robot and shown the way to a resistance movement that tries to put an end to Hyperion's regime.
Borderlands 2, like its predecessor, is a first-person shooter that incorporates character building, quests and procedural content generation elements from role-playing games, particularly roguelikes, along with vehicle-based gameplay from contemporary shooters. The sequel features four new characters embodying four classes that represent different special skills and weapon affinities. Accumulated experience points result in skill points, which can then be allocated to the nodes of one of three skill trees that vary between classes. Weapons differ not only by type, firing speed or damage, they can also cause elemental damage that is more or less effective against specific types of opponents.
Players can take on the game's challenges by themselves, or enlist the help of other players in the cooperative multiplayer mode. Compared to the first game, the game world is not split into disjunct pieces anymore, but has become continuously connected. Non-player characters now follow their own schedules and agendas as opposed to being fixed in their position permanently.
There are no Xbox 360 user screenshots for this game.
There are 71 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: UnrealEngine3
- Borderlands series
- Gameplay feature: New Game+
- Japanese PlayStation 3 game releases with full English support
- Middleware: Scaleform GFx SDK
- Middleware: Wwise
- Visual technique / style: Cel shaded
There are no reviews for the Xbox 360 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|games xtreme||Sep 25, 2012||9.4 out of 10||94|
|XboxAchievements||Sep 18, 2012||91 out of 100||91|
|Console Obsession||Oct 05, 2012||9 out of 10||90|
|GamesCollection||Oct 08, 2012||9 out of 10||90|
|NSFW Gamer||Sep 24, 2012||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Gamereactor (Sweden)||Sep 18, 2012||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||Sep 18, 2012||83 out of 100||83|
|Gaming since 198x||Nov 13, 2012||4 out of 5||80|
|Legendra||Oct 02, 2012||7 out of 10||70|
|The Video Game Critic||Sep 30, 2012||B-||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2012 – One of the Top 10 Games of the Year
- GameStar (Germany) / GamePro (Germany)
- 2012 - #2 Best Shooter of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2012 - #4 Best PC Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2012 - #4 Best Console Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- PC Games (Germany)
- Issue 01/2013 – #2 Single-Player Shooter of the Year 2012 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 01/2013 – #2 Multi-Player Shooter of the Year 2012 (Readers' Vote)
- Steam Awards
- 2016 — The 'Villain Most In Need Of A Hug' Award — Nominated
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Borderlands 2 (Article in the open encyclopedia about the game.)