DescriptionPowerMonger takes the basic design and concepts of Bullfrog's previous game Populous, and places it in a war context. The game cast the player as a dispossessed warlord plundering his way through 195 territories on the way to world conquest. Several other leaders have the same goal.
The gameworld is now made up of polygons, so the view can be rotated and moved with greater freedom than Populous. Trade, diplomacy, inventions, and scorched earth invasions all play a key role in how the player progresses through the game. Two-player games via modem links are available on computer versions.
- "パワーモンガー 魔将の謀略" -- Japanese Super Famicom spelling
- "Power Monger: Mashō no Bōryaku" -- Japanese Super Famicom title
- "Power Monger" -- Genesis title
- "パワーモンガー" -- Japanese spelling
There are no reviews for the Amiga release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Dec, 1990||973 out of 1000||97|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Dec, 1990||95 out of 100||95|
|The One||Oct, 1990||95 out of 100||95|
|Zero||Nov, 1990||93 out of 100||93|
|Amiga Joker||Nov, 1990||93 out of 100||93|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1993||88 out of 100||88|
|Amiga Action||Jan, 1991||82 out of 100||82|
|Power Play||Dec, 1990||82 out of 100||82|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 1993||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Amiga version of Powermonger appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)
- March 1991 (issue #42) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time in category Strategy Games (editorial staff choice)
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 01/1991 – Best Strategy Game in 1990
- Amiga Power
- May 1991 (Issue #00) - #32 in the "All Time Top 100 Amiga Games"
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1991 (Issue #88) – Strategy Game of the Year