In the third game of the adventure game series Zork
, you are once again a nameless adventurer, only this time you won't travel through a beautiful magical land, but are immediately cast into a deep dungeon. Like in a dream, you hear a mysterious voice telling you that you have passed all the tests but one. When consciousness returns to you, you find yourself on the endless spiral of stairs, with only your trusty lantern near you... will you be able to survive the horrors of the Dungeon?
Like its predecessors, Zork III: The Dungeon Master
is a text adventure game. You read descriptions of rooms and then interact with the game by typing commands. As all early Zork
games, it is very easy to get stuck in the game, so you'll have to reload several times in order to find the correct way.
- "Zork III: Le Maître Des Ténèbres" -- Canadian (French) title
- "Zork 3" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the Apple II release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
(From The New Zork Times
Vol.3 No.2 Spring 1984)
Some statistics about Zork 3
- Apparent number of rooms (those seen by the player): 105
- Number of rooms: 89 (The Royal Puzzle seems like 31 rooms, but
internally it's actually just one room)
- Number of different ways to die: 30
- Number of words in vocabulary: 563
- Number of takeable objects: 23