Blue's Clues Preschool
Blue's Preschool - In-game title
After you choose a color and level and sign in, clicking on the cloud in the upper left corner of your screen takes you to a "Likes" page - the color, animal, food, song, and sport you choose here will be used somewhere in the game. The Parent's area is also accessible here, showing the curriculum goals for the game, and giving parents suggestions for additional activities connected to each neighborhood location. Gameplay uses the mouse (point, click, and drag) and an optional printer for the printable pictures and games available in Miss Marigold's classroom.
As you and Blue travel through the neighborhood (escorted by Blue's human friend, Joe, who drops you off at each location), you'll visit these places:
- The Music Store - Listen to Purple Kangaroo and play instruments in the same order he does
- The Bakery - Learn how to wait your turn and practice finding shapes and colors
- The Library - Match letters or find the first letter describing a picture as you help shelve some library books - choose a book to read as a reward
- The Present Store - Wait on customers; help them find the gift they can afford and count the money
- The Grocery Store - Find ingredients described by Mrs. Pepper, put them in your cart, then check and bag them
On it's most basic level, Blue's Clues Preschool introduces the toddler to some of the places in a community and what they're for, using characters the child is most likely already familiar with. While he plays, he's practicing some of these skills: color/shape recognition, auditory memory and discrimination, letter recognition/pre-reading skills, number recognition, counting/addition, spatial and size relationships. A higher difficulty level will change the game somewhat to suit the child's learning progress.
DJP Mom (11121)
Senior Game Designer
Lead Concept Artist