In the third game of the adventure game series Zork
, you are once again a nameless adventurer, only this time you won't travel through a beautiful magical land, but are immediately cast into a deep dungeon. Like in a dream, you hear a mysterious voice telling you that you have passed all the tests but one. When consciousness returns to you, you find yourself on the endless spiral of stairs, with only your trusty lantern near you... will you be able to survive the horrors of the Dungeon?
Like its predecessors, Zork III: The Dungeon Master
is a text adventure game. You read descriptions of rooms and then interact with the game by typing commands. As all early Zork
games, it is very easy to get stuck in the game, so you'll have to reload several times in order to find the correct way.
- "Zork III: Le Maître Des Ténèbres" -- Canadian (French) title
- "Zork 3" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Group
The Press Says
Zork III has a area where you can view "scenes" from Zork I, II and IV. IV became Enchanter, and the scene still survives.
Related Web Sites
- Infocom homepage (At this site you can find information on ALL of Infocom's interactive games, Infocom related articles, sample
transcripts, InvisiClue hints, walkthroughs, maps and information on buying Infocom games today.)
- The Commodore Zone (All about the game, with introduction, images, related links and comments area.)
- The Infocom Gallery (High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of Zork III.)
- Zork III at iFiction (Play Zork III through your web browser!)
(10014) added Zork III: The Dungeon Master
(DOS) on Mar 01, 1999