DescriptionThe year is 1947. Dr. Jones Jr is on a retirement from adventuring, living the life of a scholar and an archaeologist. But soon he meets his old flame ...and new enemies. Soviets are tracking parts of a mysterious, powerful machine from ancient Babylon, hoping to use it as a weapon. They must be stopped from unleashing unspeakable danger from another world.
Are you ready to lead Indy into adventures in lost temples, under mountains and through unexplored mines, for tales of missing artifacts, snake encounters and other things?
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine combined action and adventure in a way the older Indy games did not do. The gameplay is inspired by Tomb Raider, as Indy moves through 3D representations of 17 locations around the world. The game engine is modified from Jedi Knight.
Puzzles based around switches & items; precise jumping must be negotiated on regular basis. You must use ladders, ropes and dinghies as well as moving on foot. You will also find yourself aboard a jeep and a mine cart. Replacements for your standard whip can be collected en route (from Soviet army arsenal), including grenades, sub-machine guns and bazookas. The valuable treasures you find can be used to buy extra ammo (between the levels). After each level you get your score (Indy Quotient) - you must reach all the treasure items cleverly hidden in secret places to get all the points.
- "印笫安那瓊斯之末日危機" -- Chinese title (traditional)
- "Indiana Jones y la Máquina Infernal" -- Spanish title
- "Indiana Jones V" -- Common term
- "Indiana Jones und der Turm von Babel" -- German title
- "Indiana Jones et la machine infernale" -- French title
- "Indiana Jones e la Macchina Infernale" -- Italian title
- "Indiana Jones e a Máquina Infernal" -- Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
|Doctor Jones!?! - I presume||Windows||RussS (781)|
|Fantastic Adventure -- and then came the conclusion||Windows||Game22 (42)|
|Wow, this is goo... oh never mind... oh Wait!.... never mind||Windows||Zorgob (24)|
|One of the best Lucasarts action games!||Windows||James1 (240)|
|Power Unlimited||Windows||Dec, 1999||9 out of 10||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Windows||Jan 11, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|games xtreme||Windows||Dec 06, 1999||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Gamesmania.de||Windows||1999||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Joker||Windows||Dec, 1999||85 out of 100||85|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Windows||Mar 20, 2000||4 out of 5||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows||Mar 07, 2001||80 out of 100||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Dec 13, 1999||14 out of 20||70|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Windows||Dec 17, 1999||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DistributionDue to declining sales of the Nintendo 64 at the end of its life cycle, the only way gamers could get ahold of this title were through two exclusives: Blockbuster Video had an exclusive for rental of the title, and for those who wished to purchase the game, this could only be done through ordering it from the LucasArts website.
- During the game, if you type "makemeapirate," you'll become a 3-dimensional Guybrush Threepwood. Using the bazooka weapon while "dressed" as Guybrush will produce, instead of a rocketing bazooka shell, the explosive propulsion of a rubber chicken, as Monkey Island-ish Caribbean tropical steel drum music plays on.
- In the final level, if you wander around through the weightless passages, you'll eventually find the barbershop from The Curse of Monkey Island, with pictures on the walls of people ranging from Steven Spielberg to Max to Jar-Jar Binks.
- On the overhead map indicating Indy's approach to Teotihuacán, Mexico, one can view among other Central American and Caribbean countries designations for El Marrow, near the base of the Yucatan Peninsula, and Melee Island™, just south from the western edge of Cuba. These fictional locations figure prominently in earlier LucasArts games Grim Fandango and The Secret of Monkey Island, respectively.
- The jeep Indy finds in the game has the number 1899 on it - his birth year. (So he's 48 here - and still in shape).
Voice actingWhile the US version does not feature the original voice of Harrison Ford, the German and Italian versions have his respective official dub voice.
Information also contributed by Daniel Albu, Ghost Pirate, Guy Champan, lechuck13 and Pseudo_Intellectual Rola
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview (Just Adventure's Randy Sluganski talks Hal Barwood, Project Lead for Infernal Machine about the game.)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Unofficial Fan Site - Contains cheat codes and other information about Infernal Machine with links to other Indiana Jones games.)
- Lucas Arts: Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Official site.)
- Wikipedia: Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Information about Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine at Wikipedia)
- Windows XP setup (Inferno tells you what to do to play this game on your Windows XP machine)
Nintendo 64 Credits