DescriptionKing's Quest II: Romancing the Stones is a remake of King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne and a follow-up to AGD Interactive's (formerly Tierra Entertainment) earlier remake of the first game. Similar to its predecessor, it has VGA graphics reminiscent of Sierra's adventure games of the early 1990's and a new musical score. The remake retains the general outlines of the original story and the gameplay system, however contains additional locations, expanded dialogue, and new characters. Some of these characters are original, while others are taken from various installments of the series to present a more cohesive view of its overarching story.
In 2009, AGD Interactive released King's Quest II VGA 3.0, which can be considered a remake of their original 2002 remake. It contains the following enhancements:
- Newly enhanced game visuals featuring hand-painted game backgrounds and character dialog portraits.
- Full narrator speech and lip-syncing for all characters.
- Windows Vista support.
- Native Ogg Theora movies, which means in-game cutscenes and movies will now play in Linux and PC emulations under Macs.
- Full digital speech and music tracks are now included as part of the download rather than being separate downloads.
- "King's Quest II+" -- AGS Community Name
- "King's Quest 2 VGA remake" -- Informal Name
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Game Engine: Adventure Game Studio (AGS)
- King's Quest series
- King's Quest VGA games
|GameHippo.com||Windows||Apr 10, 2003||10 out of 10||100|
|Just Adventure||Windows||Feb 24, 2003||A||100|
|Freegame.cz||Windows||Mar 13, 2006||94 out of 100||94|
|Adventure-Treff||Windows||Dec 02, 2002||86 out of 100||86|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Macintosh||Dec 02, 2013||16 out of 20||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Dec 02, 2013||16 out of 20||80|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Version 3.0 Enhanced edition.||3||jlebel (2127)
Mar 23, 2009
|My Vista doesn't want to play :-(||6||DJP Mom (11111)
Aug 25, 2007
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites