DescriptionAfter defeating Dr. Light's six robots that were reprogrammed by the villainous Dr. Wily in Mega Man, it seemed like the world was safe. But it was not to be. Dr. Wily has escaped from prison and is madder than ever, this time creating eight new Robot Masters of his own to take over the world and crush Mega Man! Is the world doomed?
Mega Man 2 is the sequel to the NES game Mega Man. In this game, Metal Man, Air Man, Bubble Man, Quick Man, Crash Man, Flash Man, Heat Man and Wood Man are Dr. Wily's eight prize creations that have been sent to take over the world. As Mega Man defeats these bosses, he can steal their powers and use them for himself. Each Robot Master is weak against another's weapon, and through experimentation, Mega Man can gain the upper hand by using the weapon they're vulnerable against.
Other additions to the game include the 'E-Tank' - an item that can be used at any time to completely refill Mega Man's energy, and a Password System, which allows players to continue their game by recording which Robot Masters have been defeated and how many E-Tanks they have. Mega Man 2 also removes the scoring system from the original game.
- "Rockman Complete Works: Rockman 2: The Enigma of Dr. Wily" -- Japanese title
- "Rock Man 2" -- Brazilian CCE's Top Game title
- "Rockman 2" -- Japanese Famicom title
- "Mega Man II" -- In-game title
- "ロックマン２ Dr.ワイリーの謎" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Games made into books
- Mega Man / Rockman games
- Mega Man / Rockman series
- Protagonist: Robot
The Press Says
|Gaming since 198x||Jan 04, 2011||5 out of 5||100|
|Pixel-Heroes.de||Sep 07, 2008||10 out of 10||100|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Sep 27, 2005||10 out of 10||100|
|Nintendo Land||2003||95 out of 100||95|
|Mean Machines||Jan, 1991||95 out of 100||95|
|Tilt||Apr, 1991||18 out of 20||90|
|Gemakei (formerly Zentendo)||Sep 21, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|GameCola.net||Feb, 2009||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Power Play||Sep, 1991||74 out of 100||74|
|Video Games||Sep, 1991||74 out of 100||74|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaKeiji Inafune actually had to create Mega Man 2 on his own time, to a certain extent. The original game hadn't been successful enough to warrant a fully produced sequel, but he so wanted to create another Mega Man title, that he was given permission to work on it so long as it didn't interfere with any of his other scheduled work.
Related Web Sites
- Howard & Nester do Mega Man 2 -- A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In the September/October 1989 two-page installment, Nester competes against a robotic version of Howard in a trivia contest organized by Dr. Wily -- hints and tips abound.
- OC ReMix Game Profile -- Fan remixes of music from Mega Man 2.