DescriptionThe planet Pandora isn't much more than a desert filled with bandits, mercenaries and adventurers. Their goal: the legendary vault which is said to be filled with treasures beyond imagination hidden on the planet by an ancient highly advanced alien race. One of those fortune-seekers is the protagonist, who has one advantage: the guidance of the Guardian of the vault.
Borderlands is a mixture of a first-person shooter and a role-playing game, somewhat similar in concept to Hellgate: London. At the beginning of the game the player chooses between one of four characters:
- Roland: A former soldier. He likes to play with rifles and shotguns and has a Scorpio-Turret at his disposal to keep his back clear.
- Lilith: A Siren and Phasewalker. She can turn invisible and fights with extreme speed.
- Mordecai: A hunter. He prefers to snipe enemies from a distance and has access to a bird of prey called Bloodwing.
- Brick: A Berserker. He doesn't care much for guns and instead uses his fists to win all arguments.
Since the protagonist has to travel around much, he or she has a buggy available armed with a machine gun and a rocket launcher or heavy machine gun at later levels. Since the game also features a drop in/drop out-coop-mode for up to four players, the buggies have enough room for two players with one using the mounted turret and the other driving around the vehicle.
There are no PlayStation 3 screenshots for this game.
There are 49 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: UnrealEngine3
- Borderlands series
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Japanese Xbox 360 game releases with full English support
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- Premium Games label
- Visual technique / style: Cel shaded
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 3 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|ZTGameDomain||Oct, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Over Online||Dec 08, 2009||90 out of 100||90|
|Cheat Code Central||2009||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Gaming Target||Nov 02, 2009||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 23, 2009||17 out of 20||85|
|Game Shark||Nov 05, 2009||B+||83|
|Spazio Games||Oct 21, 2009||8.2 out of 10||82|
|XGN||Oct 30, 2009||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GameSpy||Oct 20, 2009||80|
|4Players.de||Oct 27, 2009||77 out of 100||77|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesBorderlands appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
German versionIn the German version, many violent effects were removed. This includes blood effects for most enemies; splatter effects when driving over an enemy; cutting off limbs and animations for fire, acid and shock attacks.
- 2009 - The "Gun Porn" Award for Most Gratifying Gratuitous Violence (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - The "Gun Porn" Award for Most Gratifying Gratuitous Violence (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 – #2 Most Humorous Trailer of the Year
- 2009 - Best Original Game
- Game Informer
- 2009 - Best Co-Op Game (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Co-Op Game (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - Best New Series
- 2009 - The Epic Loot Reward
- 2009 - The Up the Creek Without a Patch Award
- 2009 - Best PC Shooter
Related Web Sites
- Borderlands (Entry in Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)
- Borderlands Wiki (A wiki-based database of the Borderlands series.)
- Gearbox's official website for Borderlands (multi-lingual) (Gearbox's official website for Borderlands (multi-lingual).)
- PS3trophies.org (Trophy guide for Borderlands)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Borderlands.)