DescriptionRedneck Rampage is a pseudo-3D first person shooter much like Duke Nukem 3D, with 2D sprites for enemies and other objects. In fact, it uses the same Build engine as Duke Nukem 3D.
Redneck Rampage also has a singularly unique setting... instead of taking place in an alien installation or secret government facility, the game is set in the backwater small town of Hickston, Arkansas.
It seems that a bunch of tabloid leather-fetish cyborg aliens have abducted the town's stereotypical redneck inhabitants and cloned them. The aliens have also abducted Bessie, the prize pig of brothers Leonard and Bubba. As Leonard you'll have to fight the local yokel clones as well as the aliens throughout Hickston to rescue your pig.
The 'Redneck' theme is used very heavily. Levels range from trailer parks to chicken processing plants, and the arsenal of odd weapons include a gun that shoots circular saws, a TNT crossbow, and even a machine gun bra. Also, instead of armor and health kits, you restore health and become tougher by drinking whisky and eating pork rinds. But if you drink too much you go into "drunk mode" with blurred vision and stumbling movement.
Part of the Following Groups
- 2.5D Engine: Build
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Redneck Rampage series
|GET THIS GAME!!! You WON'T be sorry!||DOS||Neil Roy (9)|
|Just an OK Shooter||DOS||AstroNerdBoy (40)|
|A bit easy to play, but sheer eye candy all around||DOS||Dave Billing (24)|
|Crap.||DOS||Tomer Gabel (4388)|
|A FPS with a dark sense of humor||DOS||ex_navynuke! (48)|
The Press Says
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||DOS||May, 1997||91 out of 100||91|
|CyberJoy||DOS||Apr 01, 1998||4 out of 5||80|
|All Game Guide||Macintosh||1999||80|
|GameSpot||DOS||May 14, 1997||7.4 out of 10||74|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||DOS||Aug, 1997||70|
|Gamesmania||DOS||1997||70 out of 100||70|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||DOS||Jul 31, 1997||60|
|PC Player (Germany)||DOS||Jun, 1997||60|
|Game Informer Magazine||DOS||Jun, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
|AppleLinks.Com||Macintosh||Sep 13, 1999||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaRedneck Rampage is worth rescuing from the bum bin for the 8 song hoot & Holler soundtrack (that can be played in any standard CD player)
- Mojo Nixon - UFOs Big Rigs & BBQ
- The Beat Farmers - Baby's Liquored Up
- The Reverend Horton Heat - Nurture My Pig
- Cement Pond - Trash Can
- The Beat Farmers - Gettin' Drunk
- The Reverend Horton Heat - Wiggle Stick
- Cement Pond - Vixen
- Mojo Nixon - You Can't Kill Me
Related Web Sites
- Bertram's Lair (Cool site for all games in the Redneck Series. Also, download 'Route 66' for free!)
- The Redneck Rampage Barnyard (Fan site with information and files.)
- The Redneck Rampage Webpage (Site with forum, cheats, various files and information.)
- Totally Redneck (Seems someone actually made a page for this game. Contains walkthroughs and custom levels for the game and the various add-on packs for it.)