DescriptionRise of Nations is a real-time strategy game which covers a long period of time, from the early stone age up to the modern-day technology.
The game offers many unique features that you can not find in other RTS games, such as: National Borders, Rare Resources, "Conquer the World" risk-like campaign, Citizens can occupy themselves, 18 Historical Nations (with unique powers/units), Multiple victory conditions, and many more. Also, a multi-player mode is included and offers a ranking system.
- "王國的興起" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "国家的崛起" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "RON" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Strategy Informer||Aug 12, 2003||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Armchair Empire, The||Jul 06, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|ActionTrip||May 20, 2003||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpy||May, 2003||90 out of 100||90|
|Gamesmania||May 23, 2003||87 out of 100||87|
|GameElite.se||Jun 13, 2003||5 out of 6||83|
|Play (Poland)||Aug, 2003||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Joystick (French)||Jun, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Jan 07, 2007||14 out of 20||70|
|Super Play||May, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesRise of Nations appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2003 – Best PC Strategy Game of the Year
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2004 - #5 Game of the Year
- 2003 – #7 PC Game of the Year
- 2003 – PC RTS Game of the Year
- 2011 – #19 Top PC Game of the 2000s
- PC Gamer
- April 2005 - #36 in the "50 Best Games of All Time" list
Related Web Sites
- Big Huge Games - Rise of Nations (Official Website from game developer)
- Microsoft - Rise of Nations (Official Website from game publisher)