DescriptionA sequel to Simon the Sorcerer, this second game in the series gives us more mis-adventures from our teenaged sorcerer (of some sort). Thrown into another dimension by his own wardrobe, Simon starts the heroic mission (of some sort) to find -- another wardrobe that could get him back home. Equipped with his pointy sorcerer's hat (of some sort), he will also rescue the world (again) from the evil Sordid.
A point-and-click adventure in a style similar to the first Simon game, only technologically improved.
- "魔法师西蒙2" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "שוליית המכשף 2" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Simon the Sorcerer II: Der Löwe, der Zauberer & der Schrank" -- German title
- "Simon The Sorcerer II" -- GOG.com re-release cover title
- "Simon The Sorcerer 2" -- GOG.com re-release title
Part of the Following Groups
|Polite wizard turns out to be rude and offensive||DOS||*Katakis* (38202)|
|More British Adventure Gaming||Windows||ETJB (447)|
|'Only girls wear pony tails in this dimension' - The ironmonger||DOS||Depth Lord (933)|
|Simon returns, and enters puberty...||DOS||Mr. Me (36)|
|CD Player||DOS||1996||9 out of 10||90|
|PC Joker||DOS||Aug, 1995||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Player (Germany)||DOS||Aug, 1995||83 out of 100||83|
|The DOS Spirit||DOS||Dec 20, 2011||5 out of 6||83|
|GameZebo||Windows||Jun 24, 2009||80|
|Bravo Screenfun||DOS||Mar, 1997||2 out of 6||80|
|Games4Mac||Macintosh||2001||77 out of 100||77|
|Aventura y Cía||DOS||Oct 14, 2005||60|
|MacNN||Macintosh||Mar 08, 2001||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Amiga versionThe Amiga version, which wasn't released until several years later (and by a totally different company), didn't feature any background music at all. The reason was because the Amiga can't play MIDI music natively.
TitleThe game's title was obviously inspired by the first book of C. S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia, entitled The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- PC Player
- 1996 (Issue 1) - Best Adventure in 1995
Related Web Sites
- ScummVM (Get "Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe", as well as many other adventure games, to run on modern systems by using ScummVM, a legal and free program.)