DescriptionIn Jedi Outcast, you once again play Kyle Katarn, star of LucasArts' Star Wars-inspired 1st-person shooters Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II.
Kyle has retired from being a Jedi fearing consequences from the Dark Side of the Power found within himself during his chase of the foul Sith-Lord Jerec into the lost vale of the Jedi at the end of Dark Forces 2. Chronologically taking place after the second Star Wars Trilogy, you'll meet various well known people from the original Star Wars movies like Luke Skywalker himself and Lando Calrissian.
Also following the tradition of its predecessors, you explore the surroundings in the typical 3D environment and can use a lot of different weapons and gear from the Star Wars Universe, including the famous Jedi Weapon, the light saber.
- "杰迪武士2：杰迪放逐者" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "JKII" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III)
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III: Team Arena)
- Force Powers-themed games
- Star Wars: Dark Forces / Jedi Knight series
- Star Wars licensees
|The force is strong in this one.||Windows||Sam Hardy (76)|
|Right now I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself!||Windows||Terrence Bosky (5237)|
|Some good Star Wars action sullied by a lot of irritating puzzles.||Xbox||Entorphane (369)|
|Damn it Sam, you stole my one-liner! :)||Windows||Chris Martin (1112)|
|Starts slow but picks up after first few levels.||Windows||Jason Becker (5)|
|Very good, this game is. Play you must.||Windows||Kartanym (10785)|
|Quite fantastic, actually.||Xbox||MAT (66456)|
|A slightly bland FPS that attempts to feel the force.||Windows||RussS (781)|
|Worthy sequel||Windows||Czar Husk Qi (39)|
|Dark Forces return to Greatness!||Windows||Jason Musgrave (75)|
The Press Says
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Jun, 2002||100|
|ComputerGames.ro||Windows||Jun 20, 2002||95 out of 100||95|
|IGN||Macintosh||Nov 22, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN||Windows||Apr 01, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|XBox Solution (XBS)||Xbox||Dec 17, 2002||8.9 out of 10||89|
|Game Critics||Xbox||Jun 09, 2003||8.5 out of 10||85|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Windows||Jan 08, 2003||15 out of 20||75|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Windows||Apr 11, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|Factornews||Windows||May 05, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|Clubic||Windows||Apr 18, 2002||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaBuilt with the ID software Q3: Team Arena engine.
Related Web Sites
- Fight the Dark Side (An Apple Games article (archived on the author's webpage) about the Macintosh version of Jedi Outcast, with commentary being provided by Aspyr Media President Michael Rogers (August, 2002).)
- Jedi Knight 2 files (Almost all major Jedi Outcast maps, skins and mods can be found here including Jedi Academy files.)
- NZMac Review (A (largely) unscored but positive review of the Macintosh version of the game by NZMac, a New Zealand Apple site (Jan. 01, 2003).)