DescriptionThe year is 1947. Dr. Jones Jr is on a retirement from adventuring, living the life of a scholar and an archaeologist. But soon he meets his old flame ...and new enemies. Soviets are tracking parts of a mysterious, powerful machine from ancient Babylon, hoping to use it as a weapon. They must be stopped from unleashing unspeakable danger from another world.
Are you ready to lead Indy into adventures in lost temples, under mountains and through unexplored mines, for tales of missing artifacts, snake encounters and other things?
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine combined action and adventure in a way the older Indy games did not do. The gameplay is inspired by Tomb Raider, as Indy moves through 3D representations of 17 locations around the world. The game engine is modified from Jedi Knight.
Puzzles based around switches & items; precise jumping must be negotiated on regular basis. You must use ladders, ropes and dinghies as well as moving on foot. You will also find yourself aboard a jeep and a mine cart. Replacements for your standard whip can be collected en route (from Soviet army arsenal), including grenades, sub-machine guns and bazookas. The valuable treasures you find can be used to buy extra ammo (between the levels). After each level you get your score (Indy Quotient) - you must reach all the treasure items cleverly hidden in secret places to get all the points.
- "印笫安那瓊斯之末日危機" -- Chinese title (traditional)
- "Indiana Jones y la Máquina Infernal" -- Spanish title
- "Indiana Jones V" -- Common term
- "Indiana Jones und der Turm von Babel" -- German title
- "Indiana Jones et la machine infernale" -- French title
- "Indiana Jones e la Macchina Infernale" -- Italian title
- "Indiana Jones e a Máquina Infernal" -- Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
|Doctor Jones!?! - I presume||RussS (781)|
|Fantastic Adventure -- and then came the conclusion||Game22 (42)|
|Wow, this is goo... oh never mind... oh Wait!.... never mind||Zorgob (24)||unrated|
|One of the best Lucasarts action games!||James1 (240)||unrated|
The Press Says
|Power Unlimited||Dec, 1999||9 out of 10||90|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Dec, 1999||87 out of 100||87|
|games xtreme||Dec 06, 1999||8.7 out of 10||87|
|PC Player (Germany)||Dec, 1999||85 out of 100||85|
|GameStar (Germany)||Dec, 1999||82 out of 100||82|
|GameSpy||Dec 01, 1999||82 out of 100||82|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 13, 1999||14 out of 20||70|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Jan 04, 2000||69 out of 100||69|
|Game.EXE||Jan, 2000||2.5 out of 5||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIn the german version of this game, Indy's dubbed by Wolfgang Pampel, Harrison Ford's official german voice known from the movies. This significantly adds to the atmosphere.
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview (Just Adventure's Randy Sluganski talks Hal Barwood, Project Lead for Infernal Machine about the game.)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Unofficial Fan Site - Contains cheat codes and other information about Infernal Machine with links to other Indiana Jones games.)
- Lucas Arts: Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Official site.)
- Wikipedia: Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Information about Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine at Wikipedia)
- Windows XP setup (Inferno tells you what to do to play this game on your Windows XP machine)