DescriptionIt's the year 2017. The planet Earth sets up a research station, Vita Base, on Mars with the mission to discover if life did exist there. After a discovery there comes one last garbled message—danger, danger cliché approaching--“have opened Pandora’s box… all the evils of old Mars have flown out,” and a warning, “…if you do send a manned mission, warn the crew…Stay Alone, Stay Alive…” then nothing. So now it’s 2018, and your rescue mission to Mars crash lands. When you get to the base, the welcome wagon is made up of zombies and an alien virus that will make you look back fondly on the days of the Black Plague.
You control a team of three: Kenzo, Karne and Matlock. They enter the base from different airlocks and try to discover what happened. The reason for the whole "Stay alone, stay alive" warning is that if your team members come together they end up forming into a disgusting mass of flesh -- picture the thing from Leviathan -- called a Trimorph.
As you proceed though the base you find clues as to what occurred. In addition, you run into Trimorphs, some of the non zombiefied former base crew, that are bent on your destruction. They come in two sizes -- the small spidery kind which hack at your shins and jump on your face or the huge "better run like hell" monstrosities that will tear you to pieces.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Готика Марса: Кровавая сторона планеты" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|Resident Evil meets the planet Mars - but is this a good or bad thing?||Reborn_Demon (124)|
|IGN||Jun 06, 2000||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||May 31, 2000||77 out of 100||77|
|PC Joker||Jun, 2000||72 out of 100||72|
|PC Gamer||2000||71 out of 100||71|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 11, 2000||14 out of 20||70|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Jun 05, 2000||69 out of 100||69|
|Game Over Online||May 30, 2000||68 out of 100||68|
|PC Games (Germany)||Mar 07, 2001||64 out of 100||64|
|GameSpy||Jun 19, 2000||50 out of 100||50|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Aug 01, 2000||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|You should know this man||1||laura happy
Jan 15, 2012
- Martian Gothic actually started life as a point and click adventure game. When Stephen Marley joined the team he re-wrote the storyline and changed the game to an action adventure game.
- The Martian Mayhem was supposed to be a mini game which was eventually scrapped due to time constrain. In fact, there were many things that didn't make into the final product.
- *SPOILER* The Necropolis had more areas to explore, the alarm clock in Judith's room was supposed to be part of a puzzle, a fourth character would come into play late in the game, more speech and alternate endings.
ReferencesThere's an amusing letter to be found on the corpse of a crewmember. It mentions how he is going to kill himself to stop them getting into his head. He concludes with.... "I leave all my worldly possessions to my ex-wife. The bitch will probably take them anyway."
Information also contributed by Mark Ennis.
Related Web Sites
- Official website (Description, News, Downloads.)
- Wikipedia: Martian Gothic: Unification (Information about Martian Gothic: Unification at Wikipedia)