DescriptionThe "1998" version of the popular Microsoft series. Flight Simulator is aimed at enthusiasts that features 3000 airports and precise recreations of 45 cityscapes. Flight modeling is provided by experts in both military and aerobatic fields. Helicopters and pre-launch planes are among those included.
Many scenarios with full dialogue with the control tower adds a lot of realism to the game. Internet play enhances your flight experience with other human-controlled airplanes. 3D acceleration and MMX technology are supported.
- "模拟飞行98" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "FS 98" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
|Realism takes over arcade||Olivier Masse (421)|
The Press Says
|Coming Soon Magazine||Dec, 1997||94 out of 100||94|
|Gamezilla||1997||89 out of 100||89|
|Mega Score||Nov, 1997||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov, 1997||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Jeux||Oct, 1997||83 out of 100||83|
|GameSpot||Oct 29, 1997||7.9 out of 10||79|
|GameStar (Germany)||Oct, 1997||76 out of 100||76|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Dec, 1997||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 1997||60|
|Gamesmania||1997||60 out of 100||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThis game was available last year in Australia along with many other Microsoft games repackaged by Ubi Soft for about $29.95-it was packaged in a box, and the cd is in a DVD case, while the manual is on the cd-in .pdf format.
Related Web Sites
- Andy's Flight Simulator Page (A fan site for the entire Microsoft Flight Simulator series.)
- Flight Sim 98 SDK page (Download site for an entire suite of software development tools (the software development kit) for FS 98.)
- Flight Simulation Links (A HUGE list of Flight Simulator links, spanning a wide variety of programs (including FS98), plus some actual aviation links.)