DescriptionIn Jedi Outcast, you once again play Kyle Katarn, star of LucasArts' Star Wars-inspired 1st-person shooters Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II.
Kyle has retired from being a Jedi fearing consequences from the Dark Side of the Power found within himself during his chase of the foul Sith-Lord Jerec into the lost vale of the Jedi at the end of Dark Forces 2. Chronologically taking place after the second Star Wars Trilogy, you'll meet various well known people from the original Star Wars movies like Luke Skywalker himself and Lando Calrissian.
Also following the tradition of its predecessors, you explore the surroundings in the typical 3D environment and can use a lot of different weapons and gear from the Star Wars Universe, including the famous Jedi Weapon, the light saber.
- "杰迪武士2：杰迪放逐者" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "JKII" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III)
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III: Team Arena)
- Force Powers-themed games
- Star Wars: Dark Forces / Jedi Knight series
- Star Wars licensees
|Entertainment Weekly||May 24, 2002||A||100|
|Just RPG||2002||95 out of 100||95|
|IGROMANIA||May, 2002||9.5 out of 10||95|
|ComputerGames.ro||Jun 20, 2002||95 out of 100||95|
|ActionTrip||Mar 30, 2002||92 out of 100||92|
|Joystick (French)||Apr, 2002||90 out of 100||90|
|IGN||Apr 01, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|GameStar (Germany)||Apr, 2002||88 out of 100||88|
|GameSpy||Apr 04, 2002||80|
|Clubic||Apr 18, 2002||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesStar Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
CutscenesMany of the 'combat action' displayed in cutscenes (and at one point watching the young Jedi train), including a moment with Luke Skywalker, are not pre-determined and are done somewhat more randomly via the AIs. What this means is that no two cutscenes are alike... and even though you may have seen it before, it will probably happen differently the next time. This is notable because sometimes unintentionally humorous and anti-climatic results occur (aka the AI doing something stupid).
This excludes the pre-rendered video files (usually of spaceships and exterior views) used within the game.
Information also contributed by WildKard
Related Web Sites
- Fight the Dark Side (An Apple Games article (archived on the author's webpage) about the Macintosh version of Jedi Outcast, with commentary being provided by Aspyr Media President Michael Rogers (August, 2002).)
- Jedi Knight 2 files (Almost all major Jedi Outcast maps, skins and mods can be found here including Jedi Academy files.)
- NZMac Review (A (largely) unscored but positive review of the Macintosh version of the game by NZMac, a New Zealand Apple site (Jan. 01, 2003).)
- Wikipedia: Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast (Article about the game in the open encyclopedia)