DescriptionTerraria is a two dimensional platform game of exploration and crafting. Players can use mines and picks to collect various items from the environment including wood, ore and even spider webs. Resources acquired from the environment can be placed or crafted into all manner of items.
The simple crafting system automatically lists any item that you have the materials to craft. First priority is to set up a base before night fall hits in order to protect yourself from roving zombies and eyeball monsters. You can craft many items for your home, including doors, walls, tables, chairs and beds.
During the daytime slimes roam the land and must be avoided or dispatched with a weapon such as a sword or axe. As you gather materials you will be able to construct more powerful weapons from different ores as well as armor to protect yourself.
30 monsters are present in the game including slimes, floating eyeballs, giant earth worms and zombies.
Building a nice home will attract NPC (non-player characters) to your house to set up residence. These can include a merchant to trade with and nurses who can heal your wounds.
Terraria supports single player, multi-player servers and player vs player combat.
- "Terraria - Collector's Edition" -- UK Boxed release title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Armor / Weapon sets
- Gameplay feature: Blacksmithing
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Theme: Zombies
|Addictive gameplay and tons of content. What more do you need?||The Cliffe (1594)|
|GameGavel.com||Jun 01, 2011||A||100|
|GameZebo||Jul 20, 2011||90|
|GameSpot||May 31, 2011||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Mana Pool||Jul 20, 2011||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 26, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|Indius||Jan 13, 2012||16 out of 20||80|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jun 15, 2011||80 out of 100||80|
|Ten Ton Hammer||May 30, 2011||78 out of 100||78|
|Gamekult||May 30, 2011||7 out of 10||70|
|Games On Net||May 25, 2011||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- GameStar (Germany)
- 2011 - #3 Adventure of the Year (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Official Terraria Wiki (The official wiki-type database of Terraria's game mechanics and crafts.)
- Terraria (Official website (English))
- Wikipedia: Terraria (Article about the game on Wikipedia. (English))