🤔 How many games has Beethoven been credited on? (answer)

Forums > News > Search engine updated and MobyGames twitter account.

Brian Hirt (10408) on 10/20/2009 10:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Brian has updated the search engine based on the feedback we received in the last round of testing. The new search is now the default search engine being used. The old search engine is still accessible for a little while longer. We encourage you to keep testing the new search and provide us with feedback. In another few weeks, we will be removing the old search completely. Thanks for all the valuable feedback.

We've also set up a MobyGames Twitter account. News posts are automatically tweeted when they are approved. If you have other ideas on how to integrate with Twitter, we would love to hear your suggestions in the forum.

chirinea (47507) on 10/21/2009 1:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Brian Hirt wrote--]Brian has... [/Q --end Brian Hirt wrote--]I just love when people talk in the third person! =P

And you heard him, guys, start submitting news posts so we can flood Twitter!

Foxhack (32099) on 10/21/2009 2:53 AM · Permalink · Report

/me points to contribution points :P

MZ per X (3017) on 10/21/2009 6:27 AM · Permalink · Report

Good job, thanks, I am now able to find all the games I'm looking for so far.

[Q --start Brian Hirt wrote--]If you have other ideas on how to integrate with Twitter, we would love to hear your suggestions in the forum. [/Q --end Brian Hirt wrote--] Tweeting new game entries as well?

Or let contributors/approvers decide about this. Grant them a check box "Publish this new game entry on Twitter after approval?". Of course, this check box shall only be available if the game entry is quite complete.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/21/2009 12:25 PM · Permalink · Report

Nooooooooooo. Have you ever seen the MG RSS feed? I get flooded with new games every once in a while. Twitter would likely see that as spammy.

MZ per X (3017) on 10/21/2009 12:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]Twitter would likely see that as spammy. [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--] Most likely, yes. Not every new game entry is worth tweeting, that's why I suggested being selective about them.

St. Martyne (3648) on 10/21/2009 4:04 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]Nooooooooooo. Have you ever seen the MG RSS feed? [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--]

It doesn't get spammy with the New Reviews feed. Just saying.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/21/2009 4:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Maw has returned.

It'll get spammy eventually. :p

Pseudo_Intellectual (66423) on 10/21/2009 5:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Tweeting new game entries as well?

Censoring out adult games (and ones with no cover art?) like the frontpage does?

MZ per X (3017) on 10/21/2009 8:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]Censoring out adult games (and ones with no cover art?) like the frontpage does?[/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] Yes, I'd also skip compilations and special editions, and maybe games without screen shots.

vedder (71102) on 10/21/2009 9:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Since when do we support Zeebo? Shouldn't there be a news item?

chirinea (47507) on 10/21/2009 10:20 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start stvedder wrote--]Since when do we support Zeebo? Shouldn't there be a news item? [/Q --end stvedder wrote--]Since last month. Sorry I didn't post any news on it.

/me rolls eyes, whistling, while looking at all the points he got alone.

Foxhack (32099) on 10/21/2009 10:12 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Erkenbrand wrote--] [Q2 --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]Censoring out adult games (and ones with no cover art?) like the frontpage does? [/Q2 --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] Yes, I'd also skip compilations and special editions, and maybe games without screen shots. [/Q --end Erkenbrand wrote--]Virtually all modern console games take ages to get screenshots. We shouldn't discriminate those because of a lack of screens.

And like it or not, compilations and special editions are normal entries. So they get screentime too.

qwertyuiop (52080) on 10/25/2009 4:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Search engine is much better. Any chance we can get all alt titles listed that match the search term? For example, a search for "enforcer" will pull up "Mob Enforcer", but won't mention that the X-Box title is "Chicago Enforcer".

Foxhack (32099) on 10/25/2009 4:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Hey, there's a bug in the Twitter feed... when news are posted to Twitter, there's no link to the actual news entry! You might want to fix that.

MZ per X (3017) on 10/27/2009 6:03 PM · Permalink · Report

BTW when searching for a user's forum posts, you've written "Narrow by Board" a second time instead of "Narrow by Year".

MZ per X (3017) on 11/12/2009 9:45 AM · Permalink · Report

I have trouble finding this and this company with the new search engine. The old engine finds both easily.

Kabushi (261338) on 11/12/2009 9:57 AM · Permalink · Report

It doesn't seem to find any new company.

qwertyuiop (52080) on 11/15/2009 4:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Any chance you could put that "go to page" thingy at the bottom of the search results as well as the top?

MZ per X (3017) on 11/23/2009 10:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Could it be the problem goes even deeper?

I added logos for this and this company on Nov 20, approved on Nov 21. But the changes don't show up on the page for company updates.